PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the claims that Steve Ballmer makes about Linux violating patents is BS?

Espreon
July 31st, 2007, 03:18 PM
Do you think so? I think yes, this is just a lie from Steve Ballmer's *** in order to protect the Evil Empire (which is in fact the Legal Monopoly), I bet he knows that Linux and other free software is a huge threat towards the EE (Evil Empire) and how does he do to protect the EE? HE TRIES TO CRUSH LINUX AND FS! And besdides Steve Ballmer's crappy plan to murder Linux would be in vain, since The US Government (They even use in military and space operations, infact they even launched a few of their own Open Source Porjects),Google,IBM, and many servers use Linux. I bet once this is over Steve Ballmer will start ripping on Apple.

juxtaposed
July 31st, 2007, 03:20 PM
I couldn't care less about what some rich explotative corporate exec thinks about the operating system I use.

Espreon
July 31st, 2007, 03:23 PM
That was fast, I never seen a reply that quick! (The most I have seen is 3-5 mins). Oh and BTW well maybe we should not care and let IBM,Google and the US Government (The US Government probably Hates M$ [they sued them, M$ almost go split up!]) take care of this.

Depressed Man
July 31st, 2007, 04:28 PM
Most patents are BS anyway. How they were even allowed to get filed makes me wonder what the patent office was doing. So the claims might be true (since I have no doubt the ones Microsoft released were probably so flimsy yet they got through).

brian j
July 31st, 2007, 04:46 PM
Microsoft actually said about 9 years ago that Linux isn't a threat , But in private they have been slowly working on the complete removal of "All Linux ~#*%$." end quote.
All The Major Linux Players know that m$ only want total world dominance, and will try anything ( Legal or Illegal ) to achieve their goals. We also know that m$ have to pay Millions of Dollars regularly in fines for breaking patent rules, ie, including stealing other patent ideas!

beefcurry
July 31st, 2007, 05:22 PM
Well Bill Gates is really out of the picture now, he has found his pot of gold. To be frank like Justaposed I really don't care what he says. Mainly because it is too far off to be believable in the most remotest ways. If he had more specifics like "Linux has intruded on one of our patents in our Networking Stack" (which Microsoft actually took from BSD) that would have been slightly more believable.

FuturePilot
July 31st, 2007, 05:27 PM
It's all pure FUD.