PDA

View Full Version : vista is spyware

jonathan21
July 30th, 2007, 12:48 PM
I am so grateful to my friend for introducing me to ubuntu.did you know that windows vista has a whole lot of programs that spy on you and I am not talking about wga or activation.

the full story is on www.digg.com website.what next.

so for all those that can start using ubuntu fully as soon as you can.

izanbardprince
July 30th, 2007, 01:20 PM
I got a free copy of Vista from Compaq for my laptop, I've tried to get Linux working on the darned thing, but there's still too much hardware thats not supported correctly, on my desktop, Ubuntu works flawlessly though.

tigerpants
July 30th, 2007, 02:21 PM
I am so grateful to my friend for introducing me to ubuntu.did you know that windows vista has a whole lot of programs that spy on you and I am not talking about wga or activation.

the full story is on www.digg.com website.what next.

so for all those that can start using ubuntu fully as soon as you can.

XP too. I love so much about windows - the fact that you can't properly uninstall components like IE, MSN and media player - they boot up in the background hogging resources no matter what you do. I also love the way you can spend £100+ on an OS that doesn't belong to you. And all the other additional "gifts" uncle Bill has bestowed upon his children.

I miss Windows so much.

DoctorMO
July 30th, 2007, 02:29 PM
I got a free copy of Vista from Compaq for my laptop, I've tried to get Linux working on the darned thing, but there's still too much hardware thats not supported correctly, on my desktop, Ubuntu works flawlessly though.

You might like to consider creating a duel boot on that laptop and supporting the development of supporting drivers for your hardware. after all foss runs on selfless support from the community, for all you know you may be the only person in the world with that laptop that has tried to get linux to work, or you may not be; either way how likely is it that a kernel developer will have exactly the hardware you have in order to test his code?

frup
July 30th, 2007, 02:33 PM
You might like to consider creating a duel boot on that laptop and supporting the development of supporting drivers for your hardware. after all foss runs on selfless support from the community, for all you know you may be the only person in the world with that laptop that has tried to get linux to work, or you may not be; either way how likely is it that a kernel developer will have exactly the hardware you have in order to test his code?

I have a few spare computers... all with no OS now because ubuntu liveCD won't even boot... how would I give information to a developer in that situation?