PDA

View Full Version : Help with Anjuta

Yes
July 29th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Does anyone know of a guide that can guide me through the process of creating a new project in Anjuta? I started the Project Wizard, but I have no idea what all the options are, much less what one I want.

Thanks.

Paul820
July 29th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Have you tried the help in the menus? Here is a link to the manual: http://www.anjuta.org/documentations/subpage/documents/C/anjuta-manual/anjuta-manual.html

Yes
July 30th, 2007, 12:25 AM
Ok, I went to File -> New Project, and selected a generic/terminal project. When I finished making the project, in the Build output, it said "Error: You must have glib installed". What is glib? I couldn't find it in Synaptic.

Thanks.

Yes
July 30th, 2007, 02:57 AM
I made a project, and got it to build/execute and everything. But I can't seem to get the syntax highlighting to work. That is, nothings being highlighted. Is there any way I can turn highlighting on?

Thanks.

Edit: New problem: My new changes aren't being recognized. As in, I deleted everything in my program, Built it, and excecuted it, and it had the same output as before I deleted everything. Any ideas as to what's going wrong?

Yes
July 30th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Bump.

Yes
July 31st, 2007, 12:48 PM
Bump.

Paul820
July 31st, 2007, 01:38 PM
I don't actually use it, but have you read through the manual to find out what is wrong? A lot of people have problems with anjuta so not many use it, too complicated for basic stuff and too many settings. You could try another IDE, codeblocks is very good. http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,6573.0.html
That link takes you to the new recent build for ubuntu. Or there is geany, also very good, much simpler to use. Or, do what most of us do and just use a text editor and the command line. Sorry i couldn't be of much use but like i said i don't use anjuta. By the looks of things i don't think many people do. :(

Yes
July 31st, 2007, 06:36 PM
Hmm, ok. I used to use Vim, I guess I'll go back to that.

Druke
August 1st, 2007, 09:29 PM
not sure about the source highlighting , mine works great. Been using Anjuta to learn openGL and SDL last few days but am now runing into problems where it wont make new files :confused:

anyways i think glib is part of a different package... can't give any specific help but i am pretty sure a search in the forums would turn up a solution to that one.

now that i think about it... anjuta doesn't highlight until you have saved your file, perhaps that it your problem? anywho... i'm now going to try and solve my new files not being added dilemma since it was working beautifully except for that (if need be I can make them manually :/ )