PDA

View Full Version : Looking for UbuntuLite? Like Bittorrent? Get the .iso in here. ;)

MetalMusicAddict
July 23rd, 2005, 02:52 AM
I downloaded the .iso for Ubuntu Lite (http://www.ubuntulite.org/) and made a torrent. Its been uploaded to Mininova so hopefully more people will see it and join in. I figured we would take a little stress off their servers. Its 402.42 megs.

I havnt tried it out. I plan on doing that this weekend. Im not even sure whats different. :) Post here if there any problems with the torrent. Just remove the ".zip" on the file.

Spread the word!!

Get the new (Legal Torrents) torrent HERE (http://www.legaltorrents.com/bit/ubuntu-lite-1.0.torrent).

poofyhairguy
July 23rd, 2005, 04:07 AM
I downloaded the .iso for Ubuntu Lite (http://www.ubuntulite.org/) and made a torrent. Its been uploaded to Mininova so hopefully more people will see it and join in. I figured we would take a little stress off their servers. Its 402.42 megs.

I havnt tried it out. I plan on doing that this weekend. Im not even sure whats different. :) Post here if there any problems with the torrent.

Spread the word!!

Specs anyone? Default WM?

t2kburl
July 23rd, 2005, 04:20 AM
Woohoo I think I'm the 1st leecher my connection speed isn't the greatest but I'll gladly help seed for a few weeks if it catches on.

I have a few old pentium 1 machines I can experiment on

--copied post here (where it should have been in the 1st place)

MetalMusicAddict
July 23rd, 2005, 04:26 AM
Woohoo I think I'm the 1st leecher my connection speed isn't the greatest but I'll gladly help seed for a few weeks if it catches on.
I normally push at about 40kbps. You have your port settings right? Also Im using a tracker Ive never used before. If you want to seed faster download it from the site then point bittorrent to it. I havnt touched the .iso.

benplaut
July 23rd, 2005, 04:31 AM
Specs anyone? Default WM?

ditto :?

<<edit>>

not getting any seeders :-x

t2kburl
July 23rd, 2005, 04:34 AM
I'm lucky to pull 10k most of the time ... 25k at best

10k max up

so it will take some time for me.

Yes, 6881 is open, I use Azureus

bored2k
July 23rd, 2005, 04:36 AM
I would suggest the super seeder to make a trackerless torrent and send it to two or three people who would help him seed, _then_ re-uploading it to the public. Unless he has a T3/OC type connection that is.

MetalMusicAddict
July 23rd, 2005, 04:36 AM
I dont know if I like this tracker. Ill give it a bit more if it still sux then I move it.

az
July 23rd, 2005, 04:38 AM
I just posted on the mailing list thread.

This does not provide you with the standard Debian/Ubuntu installer, it will wipe your whole drive with only one warning. **BE CAREFUL!**
This is a preliminary test image. It is a backup of his system, configured in a light setup.

To install, wipe your drive and install

Boot into recovery mode and

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

Next, change the password, since you do not know it

passwd me
(me is the default user)

and then start the display manager (wdm)

init 2

You get icewm with idesk icons. It runs really well and the menu is reconfigured properly.

I asked when a meta-package would be available since this system-restore iso is inconvenient. With a meta-package, anyone with an ubuntu system could just install it and restart X into light mode.

MetalMusicAddict
July 23rd, 2005, 04:56 AM
See 1st post.

bored2k
July 23rd, 2005, 04:59 AM
Ok. New tracker and someone is pullin from me @ 42kB/s.

ABOVE FILE IS SAME AS ONE HERE. Just remove the".zip"
What about sending an email to ULite devs and tell them to please help you seed ? They should at least have the decency of doing so. I can't even believe they released it without a torrent.

MetalMusicAddict
July 23rd, 2005, 05:09 AM
What about sending an email to ULite devs and tell them to please help you seed ? They should at least have the decency of doing so. I can't even believe they released it without a torrent.
Good Idea. ;) I woulda figured they would have a bittorrent but I guess their still workin on alot of things

t2kburl
July 23rd, 2005, 04:18 PM
This does not provide you with the standard Debian/Ubuntu installer, it will wipe your whole drive

This is going to delay my ability to use or test this for a while. The smallest HD I have is 8.6 GB and that won't boot unless its chopped up into smaller partitions < 4 GB

Oh well. I'll still help seed the torrent

az
July 23rd, 2005, 07:10 PM
"Release early, release often."

Here are some shamefully poor quality screenshots:

MetalMusicAddict
July 26th, 2005, 10:24 PM
I have removed the 1st torrent and added the "Legal Torrents" one. If you downloaded it from me or their server and still wish to share just use the new torrent and point it at the .iso.