PDA

View Full Version : iceweasel

t.liljenberg
July 28th, 2007, 05:48 AM
Debian put iceweasel on there dist and I am very much hoping Ubuntu does not do the same.

tbroderick
July 28th, 2007, 05:57 AM
ok

SunnyRabbiera
July 28th, 2007, 06:08 AM
Uhh you made a double post, plus made two topics of the same name.
Anyhow there are no real differences between iceweasel and firefox except of personal beliefs and goals, you can use firefox if you wish or not... thats the beauty of open source, you can do as you please.
anyhow its possible to get iceweasel on ubuntu but dont use the debs or it will mess up your system

t.liljenberg
July 28th, 2007, 06:23 AM
you just have to much time on your hands dont you

SunnyRabbiera
July 28th, 2007, 06:47 AM
actually I am going to bed here in a few secs.

slimdog360
July 28th, 2007, 08:19 AM
ok
lol

DjBones
July 28th, 2007, 08:41 AM
aside from branding i had no idea there was discernable difference in their code.
if the themes/plugins/addons all work, is it any real reason to raise a ruckus over?

- besides -
isn't an iceweasel waay more whoopass than a firefox; or dare i say it, even an earthbear?
of course.

izanbardprince
July 28th, 2007, 01:22 PM
There are two seperate, unrelated Ice Weasel browsers based on Firefox, one included in Debian and one made by the Free Software Foundation.

Both remove the proprietary artwork and the proprietary TalkBack crash report tool, the one from the FSF has altered the plug-in finder to default to free/open source plug-in's, like it'll grab GNASH instead of Flash, and GNU JAVA instead of Sun's.

Spike-X
July 28th, 2007, 02:28 PM
isn't an iceweasel waay more whoopass than a firefox; or dare i say it, even an earthbear?
of course.

The browser I'm waiting for?

AirBadger.