PDA

View Full Version : A game that may make you pull your hair out.

Frak
July 28th, 2007, 03:54 AM
I want you to, no I DARE you to play this game without getting p***ed off and pulling the hairs out of your head.
http://digitalpaint.planetquake.gamespy.com/files/
Just extract the archive, open it and double click on the paintball2 file.

Good Luck! :popcorn:

init1
July 28th, 2007, 04:41 AM
I want you to, no I DARE you to play this game without getting p***ed off and pulling the hairs out of your head.
http://digitalpaint.planetquake.gamespy.com/files/
Just extract the archive, open it and double click on the paintball2 file.

Good Luck! :popcorn:
Downloading now. Will I need to compile, or does it have binaries?
EDIT:
Never mind binaries. But I says I need an account. I guess I'll register then.

Frak
July 28th, 2007, 04:43 AM
Extract the archive to the desktop in a folder, and double click on the paintball2 file, and it will automatically start. Its based off the Quake 2 Engine, but they really messed it up. I have Cable Internet, and there is still very bad lag sometimes.

init1
July 28th, 2007, 04:57 AM
Extract the archive to the desktop in a folder, and double click on the paintball2 file, and it will automatically start. Its based off the Quake 2 Engine, but they really messed it up. I have Cable Internet, and there is still very bad lag sometimes.
It's taking a very long time to connect.

init1
July 28th, 2007, 05:02 AM
Now it's taking a long time to load.

Frak
July 28th, 2007, 05:02 AM
It's taking a very long time to connect.

Now it's taking a long time to load.
You have now entered stage one of paintball hell.

Nekiruhs
July 28th, 2007, 05:05 AM
Cant... Stop.... Playing... Tremulous... Long... Enough... To ... Try... Paintball...

init1
July 28th, 2007, 05:31 AM
You have now entered stage one of paintball hell.
Actually, it's rather fun! I don't see why you think it's bad.

Frak
July 28th, 2007, 05:40 AM
Actually, it's rather fun! I don't see why you think it's bad.
You'll see...
Oh and I don't mean the server with the 5 second respawn, that ones pretty fun, but the others are pretty boring and annoying.
Oh and stay away from a guy names zezin or something like that, he uses a ZGH hack, which allows him to know where all of the opposing team is at, and allows him to be invincible. There's another one with the name of darphaxan, or something like that, I'm horrible with names.

init1
July 28th, 2007, 05:41 AM
You'll see...
But it's taking even longer to load.

init1
July 28th, 2007, 05:46 AM
You'll see...
Oh and I don't mean the server with the 5 second respawn, that ones pretty fun, but the others are pretty boring and annoying.
Oh and stay away from a guy names zezin or something like that, he uses a ZGH hack, which allows him to know where all of the opposing team is at, and allows him to be invincible. There's another one with the name of darphaxan, or something like that, I'm horrible with names.
I'll only see if it ever loads.

Frak
July 28th, 2007, 05:47 AM
You'll see...
Plus, you'll have maps that take so long to download, you are kicked out of the round. They can even ban you for idling instead of playing, you can though download the map pack on that download page where you got the game, extract it to your pball directory, and it has all the premade maps.
I want this game to be judged off of its lagginess and gameplay, not something that can be prevented.

init1
July 28th, 2007, 05:57 AM
Plus, you'll have maps that take so long to download, you are kicked out of the round. They can even ban you for idling instead of playing, you can though download the map pack on that download page where you got the game, extract it to your pball directory, and it has all the premade maps.
I want this game to be judged off of its lagginess and gameplay, not something that can be prevented.
Just when it loaded, I couldn't play. Why? Because I couldn't get the ****ing window to focus! The mouse is grabbed, but it doesn't focus the window. I have had to kill X like 5 times because of this.

Frak
July 28th, 2007, 06:03 AM
press the ` key to release the mouse, from there you should be able to focus the window, then click the window, press the ` key again, and it should work.

init1
July 28th, 2007, 06:07 AM
I waited WAY too long for it to load, and then, after playing for about 30 seconds, the app crashes. Yep. It sucks.

Frak
July 28th, 2007, 06:09 AM
How many hairs, I'm guessing an odd number.

init1
July 28th, 2007, 06:35 AM
You win. The game sucks.

Frak
July 29th, 2007, 03:42 AM
Bump
I really want people to use this and see what they think, plus I'm pretty sure it also runs fine under Wine (init1, it should help the X problem)

Spr0k3t
July 29th, 2007, 06:24 AM
It won't let me register an account.

Frak
July 29th, 2007, 06:27 AM
Did you go here (http://www.dplogin.com/login.php?action=createaccount)?

Spr0k3t
July 29th, 2007, 07:34 AM
Thanks! For some reason it wouldn't let me get there from within the application... didn't do too much digging on the site either.

Frak
July 29th, 2007, 08:14 AM
You may also want to download and extract the map pack, it makes the game much faster.