PDA

View Full Version : Return of boredom 3

MkfIbK7a
July 27th, 2007, 11:07 PM
so im bored again, linux is an unending source of entertainment you just gotta look in the right places, so any ideas? games, new eyecandy, new window managers, new programs, anything that will hold my attention for more than 10 minutes. =D

Thanks,
wert613

bread eyes
July 27th, 2007, 11:41 PM
Battle for Wesnoth (the best free game IMHO)
Nexuiz (the best free FPS IMHO)

Henaro
July 27th, 2007, 11:46 PM
Bored?

Break your video card driver.

jrusso2
July 27th, 2007, 11:46 PM
wipe everything out and try another distro or BSD. Hours of fun.

MkfIbK7a
July 27th, 2007, 11:51 PM
lol guys

Lord Illidan
July 27th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Seriously? Try gentoo :D

Ozor Mox
July 28th, 2007, 01:21 AM

+1

Or how about, make yourself a root user, delete some random files all over your system, and see if you can recover it. Every time you do, delete a few more from more important places. Then play the boss level... sudo rm -Rf /

:popcorn:

vexorian
July 28th, 2007, 01:30 AM
Install compiz fusion, get the fire plguin, google for Bill Gates pictures, and feel like in a sandbox.

smoker
July 28th, 2007, 01:34 AM
just for the hell of it, install windows, and with no av or firewall, surf some dodgy sites, download a few toolbars, see if you can get more than half an hour out it before it completely crashes. nothing like a bsod to drive you back to the safety of linux!

nickburns
July 28th, 2007, 01:40 AM
When ever I feel like killing several days of my life I retry Linux From Scratch. It is sure to waste a piece of your life away.

Beamerboy
July 28th, 2007, 01:45 AM
so im bored again, linux is an unending source of entertainment you just gotta look in the right places, so any ideas? games, new eyecandy, new window managers, new programs, anything that will hold my attention for more than 10 minutes. =D

Thanks,
wert613

Buy an iPAQ and turn it into a Linux Web Server (see my sig)

Paladine

Nekiruhs
July 28th, 2007, 01:48 AM
Nexuiz (the best free FPS IMHO)
I have got to debate Nexuiz as the best. It is good, but not the best. Tremulous has earned that spot in my mind. Its the perfect blend of FPS and RTS that gets me. I don't see nexuiz as doing anything special.

vexorian
July 28th, 2007, 01:56 AM
How about:
- get virtualbox.
Install windows in virtualbox.

- While on windows install virtualbox

- Then install Ubuntu on windows' virtualbox

Do a benchmark...

bread eyes
July 28th, 2007, 02:18 AM
I have got to debate Nexuiz as the best. It is good, but not the best. Tremulous has earned that spot in my mind. Its the perfect blend of FPS and RTS that gets me. I don't see nexuiz as doing anything special.

Wow, I just checked it out, that looks pretty cool!

spupy
July 28th, 2007, 02:20 AM
Nethack :P

Nekiruhs
July 28th, 2007, 03:27 AM
How about:
- get virtualbox.
Install windows in virtualbox.

- While on windows install virtualbox

- Then install Ubuntu on windows' virtualbox

Do a benchmark...
Nah. Install Windows in a VM, TRY to attract as many viruses as possible to the VM. Laugh. Reinstall Windows in the VM. Repeat.