PDA

View Full Version : I have a problem with IceWeasel

RAV TUX
July 27th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Unfortunately, some web pages that work in Firefox do not work in IceWeasel.

justin whitaker
July 27th, 2007, 10:30 PM

RAV, for someone that is usually so ebullient in their writing, you sure have given us nothing to go on with this statement.

What isn't working? Distropron.com? Distrojumpers.com?

Knowing the problem is half the battle. :)

RAV TUX
July 27th, 2007, 10:36 PM
RAV, for someone that is usually so ebullient in their writing, you sure have given us nothing to go on with this statement.

What isn't working? Distropron.com? Distrojumpers.com?

Knowing the problem is half the battle. :)

Sorry Mate,....I have allergies that make me feel half aware...

http://Flexcar.com/

Not the front page, only the member sign in area....

You have to be a member of Flexcar to see what I mean...which I doubt if there are many Flexcar members here?

I will have to boot elive again which uses IceWeasel, to list more web sites

tbroderick
July 27th, 2007, 11:48 PM

I don't see why that would be. Are you using the same settings, cookies enabled, plugins, no-script extension, etc?

RAV TUX
July 28th, 2007, 12:39 AM
I don't see why that would be. Are you using the same settings, cookies enabled, plugins, no-script extension, etc?yep.

yabbadabbadont
July 28th, 2007, 12:42 AM
How does the useragent string differ between the version of firefox that works and the iceweasel that doesn't? Try looking at the page source for the page that doesn't work and see if they are looking specifically for IE/Firefox/Opera/... If so, send them a politely worded message requesting that they get a clue and just stick to W3C standards and don't worry about browser versions. ;)

RAV TUX
July 28th, 2007, 06:03 AM
How does the useragent string differ between the version of firefox that works and the iceweasel that doesn't? Try looking at the page source for the page that doesn't work and see if they are looking specifically for IE/Firefox/Opera/... If so, send them a politely worded message requesting that they get a clue and just stick to W3C standards and don't worry about browser versions. ;)Going from memory I remember they did list Firefox as a Browser....I'll send them an e-mail to add IceWeasel. ;)