PDA

View Full Version : The World is Slowly Being Designed for Ubuntu

wersdaluv
July 26th, 2007, 05:18 AM
As I was growing up, whenever I go anywhere that involve computers, it is Microsoft all over. Today, Microsoft still is just about everywhere, but there is a big difference.

Whenever I go to places and websites where tech savvy people meet, Linux is popular. Ubuntu, above all distributions, is the most popular. I am always on sites like digg.com, reddit.com, and the like and Ubuntu is starting to be everywhere. Actually, I found out about Ubuntu because of StumbleUpon. This shows that Ubuntu really is becoming more and more popular.

What is nice about its popularity is that, more pieces of software, and more hardware are starting to be designed for Ubuntu. Some time ago, I was trying other distributions, but even if I like how those distributions work, not much support as Ubuntu is for them. A lot of tips and tricks online are for Ubuntu, Ubuntu Debs are everywhere, and so on. The best of all is that, there are now Dell Ubuntus and it is rumored that there will be more machines that will be designed for Ubuntu.

I hope that in my lifetime, I am to experience a world designed for Ubuntu.

May the Ubuntu be with us all.

:guitar:

phrostbyte
July 26th, 2007, 05:20 AM
Linux has made computing fun again.

Sayers
July 26th, 2007, 05:27 AM
Linux has made computing practical again. I can't run my business in windows and make a profit.
Plus I get Beryl :)

Billy_McBong
July 26th, 2007, 05:41 AM
Linux is going to become much more popular over the next decade, especially if MS keeps turning out crap like vista:)

DeadSuperHero
July 26th, 2007, 05:44 AM
Yep. And I'll force Ubuntu "Wheezing Wizard" 9.17 on my kids. And this will slowly force a generation of smarter people to emerge.

beefcurry
July 26th, 2007, 06:09 AM
I just hope ubuntu use and growth becomes exponential like wikipedia :)

lancest
July 26th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Linux is growing fast in China where i live. I just spoke in an English conference to more than 500 people. I told them to use Linux and briefly why. I told them Microsoft was bad for China. There is huge interest!! My ideas are evolving too.

Kowalski_GT-R
July 26th, 2007, 11:04 AM
May the Ubuntu be with us all.

Indeed, fellow forum dwellers :)

It's always interesting to witness how things are evolving in the world.
Very interesting prospect from China.

ciao,

Andre

slimdog360
July 26th, 2007, 11:15 AM
i saw an ubuntu sticker on that nerds fc show, the aussie version anyway.

Cyann0923
July 26th, 2007, 01:40 PM
I've personally made it my duty to let everyone I know in on Ubuntu. How sexy Compiz fusion is, how stable it is, how easy on computers it is. Security, freedom, and costless. Not to mention, once you get over the learning curve and challenges that configuring Ubuntu brings, you can use a computer better.

Spread the news, Ubuntu's all up in Microsofts grill.

DC@DR
July 26th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Ubuntu! Ubuntu! Ubuntu! Ubuntuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu................. ..........

wersdaluv
July 26th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Imagine a world where most people are using an operating system whose name is synonymous to love.

Damn! There could be world peace!

:KS

:lolflag:

mdsmedia
July 26th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Imagine a world where most people are using an operating system whose name is synonymous to love.

Damn! There could be world peace!

:KS

:lolflag:Imagine all the people....living life in peace...woohoo...ooo...ooo...ooo

forrestcupp
July 26th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Linux is going to become much more popular over the next decade, especially if MS keeps turning out crap like vista:)

But what if MS starts turning out stuff that's not crap like Microsoft Surface?

mdsmedia
July 26th, 2007, 02:21 PM
But what if MS starts turning out stuff that's not crap like Microsoft Surface?Gradually, IMHO, it won't matter what MS turns out. It'll still have a following, but people will notice that MS/Windows is not the only one.

Depressed Man
July 26th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Imagine all the people....living life in peace...woohoo...ooo...ooo...ooo

That would be ironic..the world's most known capitalist company losing its dominance as an OS and the world finally lives in peace?

Money truly is evil.

AusIV4
July 26th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Great. As much as I like Linux and specifically Ubuntu, I use it because I really think it is the best operating system available. While I like open source, the thing I really think is important about open source is the idea of open standards.

From a consumer standpoint, I will be quick to drop a little bit of functionality (and possibly pay a little more) if it means I'm not going to be at the mercy of a single software vendor. It is important to me that a company cannot stop innovating and simply rely on vendor lock-in to keep bringing customers back - and that interacting with the large already locked in customer base will keep bringing new customers.

If Microsoft ever started publishing their specs (not necessarily their code) so that other companies could write competing software using the output files from Microsoft products, and starts turning out high quality software, I could see switching back to Microsoft products.

Before I go back to Microsoft, they're going to have to make significant changes in their business model. I'm not counting on that happening any time soon, but I won't say it can never happen.

wersdaluv
July 26th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Imagine all the people....living life in peace...woohoo...ooo...ooo...ooo

I love that, dude!

Like... thersdaluv :D :lolflag:

wersdaluv
July 26th, 2007, 03:58 PM

If Microsoft stops crap, then life would be better. That's already Ubuntu. :lolflag:

I just don't know if there is no crap with Microsoft Surface. I mean, it's not out yet. What if when it is out, we will start seeing BSODs on tables and so on.

vambo
July 26th, 2007, 04:18 PM

Ikea make better coffee tables.