PDA

View Full Version : Idea: Donate a subscription of a linux mag to your library.

migla
July 26th, 2007, 04:43 AM
Get together with a few local Linux-users (unless you're rich enough to go about this on your own) and donate a subscription for some linux magazine (or several of them) to your local library. This way you can save money by sharing the cost of a subscription and maybe recruit unsuspecting librarygoers to the wonderful world of a free operating system.

I haven't queried whether my library would accept a donation like this, but I have seen some sticker on some book stating that it was donated by some organization.

DeadSuperHero
July 26th, 2007, 05:08 AM
I like this idea. If only my library was bigger, we have a crap one here. Though, we have four computers, I'll start pulling up the Ubuntu page on every single one of them whenever I leave.

beefcurry
July 26th, 2007, 06:12 AM
The problem is if you can find a good Linux Mag to subscribe to, the Linux Mag in Hong Kong are, I would say, below standards.

migla
July 26th, 2007, 06:16 AM
The problem is if you can find a good Linux Mag to subscribe to, the Linux Mag in Hong Kong are, I would say, below standards.

I don't think we have any linux magazines in Swedish, but I'd probably go for one from the UK.