PDA

View Full Version : The day Microsoft bought a country

vexorian
July 25th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Chilean citizens should worry since their government actually sold out to MS. I only got a link in Spanish, if an automatic web translator doesn't help, I'll try translating later.

One of the worst things there is that the government is going to borrow Chileans' identities to Microsoft so they can use their crappy Live platform to "aid them".

http://www.elfrancotirador.cl/2007/07/23/el-dia-que-chile-se-vendio-a-microsoft/

celsofaf
July 25th, 2007, 04:55 PM
I just read that. Man... where are we going to? This is just one more proof that Microsoft is evil - and that there are enough people ready to serve the evil.

Don't boycott Microsoft crap only. Let's boycott chilean goods too. Stop drinking the good chilean wine, for example. The world needs to convince Chile to go back on this unhappy act.

tszanon
July 25th, 2007, 06:34 PM
These guys in government are just plain stupid...or just very cheap, if you get the meaning. Not just in Chile...

Ocxic
July 25th, 2007, 08:05 PM
i didn't think that was actually possible, that sucks for chile

kripkenstein
July 25th, 2007, 10:18 PM
This is on Digg (http://digg.com/microsoft/The_day_Chile_was_Bought_by_Microsoft), digg it so more people hear about this disgrace.

DoctorMO
July 25th, 2007, 10:23 PM
"That's how business is done" [sic]

It makes me laugh when almost on a weekly basis my argument against using Microsoft products is vindicated.

celsofaf
July 26th, 2007, 10:28 PM
I'm trying to wonder the $$$ amount of bribery involved in such an agreement. Any thoughts? Any guesses? And I'm even surprised that so few people are actualy interested on this.

lisati
July 26th, 2007, 10:32 PM
These guys in government are just plain stupid...or just very cheap, if you get the meaning. Not just in Chile...

Which reminds me of the question: if you don't bother voting when you get the chance then do you have any business complaining about the ratbags at the top?

Pazin~
July 26th, 2007, 10:55 PM
My god :(

tszanon
July 27th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Which reminds me of the question: if you don't bother voting when you get the chance then do you have any business complaining about the ratbags at the top?
Sometimes things are worse than they seem...Here in Brazil, there are some cases about it, like this:
1. Paulo Maluf. That guy is known as someone who steals public money, but he does the necessary things for the people. He always wins elections because people know that he's gonna do what has to be done, but, in the process, he's gonna steal some money.
2. ACM. I'm glad this guy just died. He was a corrupt politician, but an entire state adored him.

There are other cases. The government gives bad education for the people, so they don't know what could be done to go against the government. Without proper education, the people just can't see the difference between an honest politician and a corrupt one. "They're just the same, I'm gonna vote for the one who is less corrupt".

Luffield
July 27th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Pretty scary :(
You can read a bit about this deal, in English, here (http://www.globalvoicesonline.org/2007/07/27/chile-a-controversial-agreement-with-microsoft/).
I wonder what Hugo Chavez will have to say about this deal...

mgoblue
July 27th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Wow, that is really scary

jgrabham
July 27th, 2007, 03:12 PM
I just read that. Man... where are we going to? This is just one more proof that Microsoft is evil - and that there are enough people ready to serve the evil.

Don't boycott Microsoft crap only. Let's boycott chilean goods too. Stop drinking the good chilean wine, for example. The world needs to convince Chile to go back on this unhappy act.

More things to boycott - MS, Nestle, anything Argantinian/Chinese, and now anything Chilean! :[