PDA

View Full Version : Evolution 2.11.x for Fiesty?

AxelF
July 25th, 2007, 04:48 AM
Hi.

I am currently using Evolution 2.10.1 which is the current version in the package repositories for Fiesty. I heard some of the performance issues with accessing an Exchange server using Evolution had been solved in the latest version which is currently available in Gutsy. So I installed Gutsy in a VM to try the new version 2.11.2. It is much faster now and doesn't seem to have any problems accessing my massive Exchange mailbox.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the new version will be available for Fiesty? If not I am considering doing a dist-upgrade to Gutsy, otherwise if it will be available for Fiesty I may wait.

Thanks.
Axel.

zugu
July 25th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Ubuntu users are locked in whatever configuration the repositories looked like when the specific release they use was released. New features are almost never backported, only security and major stability fixes, so I guess the recommended solution for you is to dist-upgrade.

Fun fact: the moment I learned Ubuntu works like this I reinstalled Windows in no time :)

Nikron
July 25th, 2007, 03:41 PM
When I used Ubuntu, there was a program called prevu that let you build things in future releases.

gusanto
July 25th, 2007, 03:59 PM
The alarm on evolution 2.10.1 (in Feisty) does not sound on the correct time as I set on my calendar. How we fix it?
Thanks.

zachtib
July 25th, 2007, 05:14 PM
When I used Ubuntu, there was a program called prevu that let you build things in future releases.

prevu is simply awesome, and it's written by our own jdong

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Prevu

(I wrote the wiki page, though :D )

I'm actually currently hacking away at a newer improved solution like prevu, but it's very experimental right now