PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Search

thechitowncubs
July 21st, 2005, 08:42 PM
I just had an idea for a documentation search. A search that searches the, forums, mailing list, wiki. I was wondering if you guys thought this would be a useful thing for the community. Here is something I whipped together using google's code: http://www.thechitowncubs.com/ubuntu

If anyone wants to help expand on this idea, let me know and we could possibly work together... we'll see.

Thanks \\:D/

dataw0lf
July 21st, 2005, 08:54 PM
This is a great idea. However, I think documentation is too disparate and unstandardized to ever reach it's full potential. Perhaps we should focus our efforts on standardizing documentation between all help fora ?

thechitowncubs
July 21st, 2005, 09:03 PM
This is a great idea. However, I think documentation is too disparate and unstandardized to ever reach it's full potential. Perhaps we should focus our efforts on standardizing documentation between all help fora ?
Good point... the wiki is undergoing a lot of organizational changes and revisions so that might just evolve on its own and the forum doesn't need to be standardized and it can't really because its a forum and the users have the control. But the forum still holds a good amount of useful information.