PDA

View Full Version : TurboAAA's weekly stupidity report.

Turboaaa2001
July 24th, 2007, 03:48 AM
I've worked retail for several years and have heard many weird stories of people and stupidity. I never thought this stuff was common until I started actually working for a living.

Today at work I had several stupidians (stupid people) come into my store. But the one that tops them all is the one that called me.

Here we go:

TurboAAA: "Thank you for calling ****** at ******* ****** speaking how may I help you?"

Lady: "I just bought a cell phone from you and need to know if you have a car charger for it?"

TurboAAA: "What model phone is it?"

Lady: "It's the black one."

TurboAAA: "We have several black phones, could you be more specific?"

Lady: "I'm sorry, its a Sprint Samsung phone."

TurboAAA: "I'm guessing its the Samsung m500, if so then we do have a car charger."

Lady: "No its a Sprint phone!"

TurboAAA: "What I meant was Samsung made the phone and m500 is the model. Sprint is giving you the service."

Lady: "Oh thank you. Also, I'm having a problem with the phone. When I take the back cover off the battery falls on the counter. Is it supposed to do that?"

TurboAAA: "Does the phone work when the battery is in the phone and the cover attached?"

Lady: "Yes."

TurboAAA: "Then you do not have a problem mam."

Lady: But when I take the cover off other phones this doesn't happen. Can I bring it in and have you make sure it's ok?"

TurboAAA: "Uh, sure. Not a problem."

Lady: "Thanks."

It's people like this that make me loose all faith in man kind.

starcraft.man
July 24th, 2007, 04:32 AM
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..................... That has to be a prank call or something >.>.

Brian96
July 24th, 2007, 04:37 AM
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..................... That has to be a prank call or something >.>.

Afraid not. This kind of stuff happens all the time, especially in retail. A friend on another message board reported that he had a customer ask for an estimate for auto service. When told the price he said he didn't have that much money. He then asked if the store takes checks.

PrimoTurbo
July 24th, 2007, 05:14 AM
It doesn't really mean that the person is stupid, they simply don't know about technology or don't care about model numbers/companies.

Also she was probably worried about the fact that on a normal phone when you take out the back cover the battery doesn't fall out by itself. Instead you have to pop it out a little.

hardyn
July 24th, 2007, 06:04 AM
I have worked phone support before... its sooooo true

http://www.deadtroll.com/index2.html?/video/helldeskcable.html~content

Turboaaa2001
July 24th, 2007, 06:44 AM
I wish it was a prank call. The customer is a regular that has switched her phone 3 times and now we will not do it for her anymore. Every time it was because she did not like a feature or something.

I do know about the battery not "falling" out without a nudge, but why is she taking it apart to begin with? I would understand if there is a special need to have the battery stay in place, but this is ridiculous. You don't have to know anything about technology to understand what a the back cover is used for.