PDA

View Full Version : Hello there people,

walkerdude
July 23rd, 2007, 12:25 PM
Hey there, just thought i would say hello, a newbie Ubuntu user, and so far from what i have seen it is a impressive bit of kit. I have not instyalled it as yet as a dual boot but i will be doing so shortly.

Just to tell you a bit more about me...37 Married for 13 years with 3 kids, drive a 1963 VW beetle, so as my sig says...i do not do conventional....

into computers and work in support so i know a fair bit but am going to get to gripos with Ubuntu as a plaything, been interested in it for a while, but just not had time to much around with it...

Anyway, pleased to meet you...

Jack

RomeReactor
July 23rd, 2007, 12:29 PM
Hi. The people here are very open to questions, so if you get stuck or encounter a particularly tough problem you can always ask for help.

Welcome to the forums! :D

walkerdude
July 23rd, 2007, 12:45 PM
cheers for that... i have been looking a round a bit on here...seems very cool and friendly...

~~Tito~~
July 23rd, 2007, 12:59 PM
And very active too. Sometimes it takes forever to get answer to somethings and sometimes you get a 5 sec later answer, but m/o/t/t you get a lot of meaningful answers.

Welcome to Ubuntu Forums, and welcome to ubuntu. I am Tito you will see me here a lot from now on (not like go to me for everything you need, but you'll see me around).

RomeReactor
July 23rd, 2007, 12:59 PM
Yeah, most people here have a relaxed attitude, and they're very friendly and helpful. I started using Linux--Ubuntu, specifically-- two years ago, and all the problems I've had have been solved doing searches in these forums. There are very knowledgeable people here.

Hope you enjoy Ubuntu; you may hit a few roadblocks here and there at first, but with the help of this community, you'll have your system configured just the way you want it. Just remember, a little bit of patience and perseverance will take you a long way.

~~Tito~~
July 23rd, 2007, 01:02 PM
Exactly. Have fun. Make sure you give your sys specs a lot that helps a lot for people to help you ;).

Kowalski_GT-R
July 23rd, 2007, 01:14 PM
drive a 1963 VW beetle, so as my sig says...i do not do conventional....

Jack

Hehe, great choice, welcome to the forums!

ciao,

Andrea

starcraft.man
July 23rd, 2007, 01:18 PM
Hi there, have fun.

qcfpunch
July 23rd, 2007, 01:50 PM
Welcome to the world of linux! I myself use debian (its good to get to the roots of something once in a while) but the atmosphere here is great even though i don't post much.

walkerdude
July 23rd, 2007, 02:21 PM
thanks for all the replies so far....

yeah i have been into vw's for years now...and love the little buggers....they just do not age...they just get better and beeter with age, and can be brought back to life easily enough....

If only life was as easy as owning a vw....

mips
July 23rd, 2007, 02:27 PM
Welcome !

Not to be condecending but could I suggest you read the Stickies here, http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=73 to get you started.

PS. My one friends dad drives a very old beetle, he is holy about that car and will not sell it. He also collects miniature beetles from across the world. They sure have a lot of character ;)

bapoumba
July 23rd, 2007, 03:13 PM
Hello and welcome to the forums!

walkerdude
July 23rd, 2007, 05:26 PM
thanks for all of that...yeah trying to digest a lot of what people are saying, reading and just enjoying it so far...