PDA

View Full Version : What to choose?

slaenner
July 23rd, 2007, 11:04 AM
So far I have been using Outlook for my contacts, tasks and calender items and I actually think that it has functioned pretty well, but it obviously only "runs" in *******. Before I only used Linux for my servers, but I started using Ubuntu also on my workstation a couple of months ago and I'm very pleased with it.

What I feel that I'm missing now is a tool to replace what I used to have in Outlook. I know that for instance Korganizer has all that, but I'm looking for something more than that. I would like to be able to manage it all through a web interface, for instance have it all connected to a groupware and also I would like to be able to synchronize with my Nokia 6300.

Are any of you familiar with a complete suite like this?

mips
July 23rd, 2007, 11:31 AM
http://kontact.kde.org/ is all I can think of.

loudmouthman
July 23rd, 2007, 12:18 PM
Currently I am using Thunderbird and GoogleCalendar

I am supplementing this as follows.

1) I install a use PLAXO for synchronising my contacts across any Thunderbird installs I need
2) I use Scheduleworld.co.uk to synchronise Google Calendar between Thunderbird and my Mobile phone via SYNCML
3) I use Del.icio.us to synchronise my bookmarks by way of a RSS feeds for my profile into thunderbird and firefox.

I hope this gives you some advice forwards

misfitpierce
July 23rd, 2007, 12:21 PM
Evolution for ubuntu is an all in one suite. Calendar, Mail and more. Not sure bout syncing though.

MrHippocampus
July 23rd, 2007, 12:32 PM
I use thunderbird with the lightning calender extension which has the google calendar extension for lightning. This means on all of my computers I have one central calendar which I can access anywhere I want, its so much better than having a calendar in one place, unfortunately it cant sync though :(