PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else have this problem

jatos
July 21st, 2005, 09:53 AM
Right am I the only one here who's install ubuntu on my hard disk and found that that hard disk then becomes completely useless as for installing windows on (Without the presence of Linux)?

benplaut
July 21st, 2005, 10:01 AM
Right am I the only one here who's install ubuntu on my hard disk and found that that hard disk then becomes completely useless as for installing windows on (Without the presence of Linux)?

get the Universal Boot CD (google it... i can't remember the address), and wipe your harddrive clean. there's something about the repair console on the Windows install CD that you type "fixmbr", but wait for someone a bit more knowledgable to come along ;-)

your Master Boot Record is probably messed up...

jatos
July 21st, 2005, 10:07 AM
get the Universal Boot CD (google it... i can't remember the address), and wipe your harddrive clean. there's something about the repair console on the Windows install CD that you type "fixmbr", but wait for someone a bit more knowledgable to come along ;-)

your Master Boot Record is probably messed up...
Luckily I found out about this problem in my 3gig hard-disk, and the other hard disk that was affected is my 20gig hard disk which is in my server and I want that ubuntu. Nevertheless, I am not going to install ubuntu on any more pc's while this is still a problem.

benplaut
July 21st, 2005, 10:26 AM
Luckily I found out about this problem in my 3gig hard-disk, and the other hard disk that was affected is my 20gig hard disk which is in my server and I want that ubuntu. Nevertheless, I am not going to install ubuntu on any more pc's while this is still a problem.

that might explain!

chainloaders (having multiple OSs on different hard drives) are known to be troublesome...

BTW- don't double post... the same people check both the lounge, and the Beginner's forum :)

<<edit>>
never mind, that was someone else :roll:

jatos
July 21st, 2005, 12:31 PM
<<edit>>
never mind, that was someone else :roll:

LOL, having been a member of several forums and having adminned a few(not linux ones...) I am quite familiar with the rules of forum etiquette.

Oh sorry off-topic....