PDA

View Full Version : Dell D600 Speedstep

bender5788
July 21st, 2007, 06:22 PM
Ok now i'm aware this is not really a support forum and even if it was we are not a dell support forum. However i was just wondering if anyone with a Dell d600 (assuming anyone else has one) laptop has had trouble disabling speedstep. (you know the thing that under-clocks your cpu to conserve battery)
This laptop is not my own but actually that of a friend of mine, due to this I've made a personal vendetta to fix this bleeding issue. One thing i am aware of is that a lot of BIOS/CMOS whatever have a hidden option to reveal more options mostly centered around the Processor and Memory systems as well as to a lesser extent graphics. This option is normally triggered by a key combination such a Ctrl+F1. (this allows access to said advanced options on most newer gigabyte boards)
Well by this point i'm sure get the idea if anyone has any ideas i would be more than happy to listen, though i will intercept one question yes i have supposedly disabled speedstep in the BIOS/CMOS options that i can gain access to but i has not worked, it has continued to scale back the processor much to the frustration of myself and my friend. Any way thanks in advance for any help anyone may provide.