PDA

View Full Version : "Linux Expert: Microsoft Is Throwing Money Away"

Browser_ice
July 21st, 2007, 08:43 AM
Interesting article I read at the Redmond Channel Partner (http://rcpmag.com/blogs/weblog.aspx?blog=1102).

"What they've come to now is pure name-calling," Bottomley says. "The only way [the open source community] would test the GPLv3 is if Microsoft were to sue someone." Since that's not likely to happen, Microsoft is just wasting its time and money "unless they have some incredible master plan that I don't see," Bottomley says.

Read the whole article and tell us what you think.

Is Microsoft really wasting its money or does it have some secret Master Plan ?

loudmouthman
July 21st, 2007, 10:10 AM
The only plan I have seen MS implement is one used by every good politician and public relation expert; misdirection.

~LoKe
July 21st, 2007, 10:46 AM
Who knows and who cares? So long as Linux doesn't suffer on their account, what difference does it make?

tcpip4lyfe
July 21st, 2007, 06:56 PM
Who knows and who cares? So long as Linux doesn't suffer on their account, what difference does it make?

Aye. It's just computers.

sonny
July 21st, 2007, 07:28 PM
Aye. It's just computers.
It's not about what it is... it's about power, the power to control or being controled.

smoker
July 21st, 2007, 07:49 PM
it's divide and conquer tactics, split the community in two, have it arguing with each other instead of having a united front. still, i think ms probably expected more of the big players to jump aboard the 'patent protection racket scheme'