PDA

View Full Version : Wow, it's still here

XDevHald
July 21st, 2007, 04:22 AM
It's really nice to see this place again. I remember the old VB look, man has it been some time!

I see a lot of changes on the forums and staff as well. How has everyone been??? :popcorn:

FuturePilot
July 21st, 2007, 04:24 AM
Sounds like you haven't been around in awhile. Welcome back:popcorn:
Yeah, there's been lots of changes.

az
July 21st, 2007, 04:29 AM
Not that much has changed. Where there is Ubuntu, there will always be community.

bonzodog
July 21st, 2007, 12:04 PM
:shock: *rubs eyes*

Hey, Steve!!

Where you been man?

We thought we had lost you -- come back to us in IRC, the #think-tank is still going.

We are all still here, and going stronger than ever.

RAV TUX
July 21st, 2007, 12:07 PM
It's really nice to see this place again. I remember the old VB look, man has it been some time!

I see a lot of changes on the forums and staff as well. How has everyone been??? :popcorn:

Welcome Back!.....not much has changed, I am still here ;)

~~Tito~~
July 21st, 2007, 12:09 PM
Hi, veteran welcome back. I'm Tito.

az
July 21st, 2007, 12:23 PM

Here is the archive of how the forum used to look:
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://ubuntuforums.org

XDevHald
July 21st, 2007, 04:22 PM
@FuturePilot: It has been about a year or longer since I've visited back here, I have a lot to catch up with. By the way, where is KB at? looks like he is off the staff charts. Seeing he was a very active member for the doc team for the wiki page that he created a year ago, what happened to this?

@Bonzo - Man it has been awhile, and I mean a good year or so lol. I'm going to grab the latest Edgy and install it but my wireless card is belkin, refresh my memory but this driver IS supported for Ubuntu/Debian packaging right?

@RAV, thank you my friend. It has changed compared to my time from being away.

@Tito, veteran, I knew I was going to get that one lol

@az, dude where's your other z? lol Thanks for the link, I checked out '04 and the CSS is removed, would be nice to see the default look of it. :)

Extreme Coder
July 21st, 2007, 04:51 PM
Forget Edgy, you need to try Feisty Fawn :D

XDevHald
July 21st, 2007, 04:54 PM
Forget Edgy, you need to try Feisty Fawn :D

lol the names continue to keep getting even stranger :)

I am downloading the Ubuntu 7.04 - Supported to 2008 - Should be a pretty stable version but let me know what you think about this.

smartboyathome
July 21st, 2007, 05:04 PM
Heck, it is stable, that is until I go smashing through it with my development software. It could withstand my computer for the longest time, I am sure it will do fine on your machine. ;)

Nekiruhs
July 21st, 2007, 05:05 PM
lol the names continue to keep getting even stranger :)

I am downloading the Ubuntu 7.04 - Supported to 2008 - Should be a pretty stable version but let me know what you think about this.
Its pretty stable, at least more so than edgy was for me.

XDevHald
July 21st, 2007, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the updates guys.

I'm doing some reading for the belkin wireless and writing some of the things I need to do for it to work while ndiswrapping it. Are there any other suggestions you may have while configuring the network card or if any of you have a wireless belkin card for your desktop?

bonzodog
July 21st, 2007, 05:58 PM
Steve, I'm not Sure if the belkin may just be supported out of the box now -- if it isn't use ndiswrapper.

XDevHald
July 21st, 2007, 06:13 PM
Will do my friend :) I downloaded the x64 (being an idiot) needing a 32bit x86 lol time to re-download