PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Feisty and no wireless support

JawsThemeSwimming428
July 20th, 2007, 01:33 AM
I have been an Ubuntu user for over a year now. I ran Dapper for a long time and had minimal difficulty installing my Linksys wireless adapter. Dapper was solid for over a year until I tried to install openSuse and it erased my Dapper install. I thought, since I had nothing of Ubuntu left, I would just upgrade to Feisty so I could use my new WUSB54Gv4 Linksys Wireless adapter (which according to the Ubuntu WifiDocs is supported out of the box).

It's been three weeks! I can not get this card working and there doesn't seem to be many full guide's that work. I haven't found one yet. Also, off of a clean install, Feisty usually bombs when I run the Network Manager once. I will run it, close out of it and try to go back and it will say "Starting Network Manager" at the bottom and then after like 10 seconds just go away. Then it doesn't only do that for Network Manager it won't let me access any applications. They all do the same thing!! I can't even click the shutdown button because nothing happens. Lately, Feisty seems like it is a step back for Ubuntu. Better wireless support I thought was supposed to be one of the main features of Feisty. Any thoughts?

kodoku
July 20th, 2007, 01:46 AM
I was having the same problem. Unchecking the Roaming option has worked for some people. I ended up installing the latest version of Linux Mint, disabling Roaming, and it worked. Maybe it has something to do with the bundled ndiswrapper.