PDA

View Full Version : The things kids say...

floke
July 19th, 2007, 09:30 PM
I was in PC World the other day (I know..), and as I was leaving there was an old couple behind me about to buy some anti-virus software. My 4yr old son asked me what it was. I explained it to him, along with the fact that I don't need it since I use Ubuntu. To this my son replied: "Well, Linux 3 will be even freer, and it won't even need to load up. And it will have its own DVD's and sing songs!"

Good lad.

LookTJ
July 19th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Kids these days do have a unique sense of humor :)

jclmusic
July 19th, 2007, 10:00 PM
awww lol that's cute :D

DoctorMO
July 19th, 2007, 10:25 PM
It's prophetic to say the least, linux will reach version 3.0 when the numbers run out on 2.6 and 2.8 so I guess it's a while off yet since Torvalds thinks the current incremental model is good enough.

We'll have songs written about linux and movies created about this adventure; linux will also come preinstalled on solid state chips so it won't need to load up. as I said, prophetic.

SeanHodges
July 19th, 2007, 10:28 PM
In all seriousness, when your son's distro comes out, I'm switching from Ubuntu!

kitty500cat
July 19th, 2007, 10:29 PM
That'll be one of my kids someday...hopefully...if I ever get married.

bread eyes
July 19th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Kids these days do have a unique sense of humor :)

...kids have been like that for a while...you know, probably since man first used rocks.

puppy
July 20th, 2007, 12:31 AM
/me wonders whether when I go to work my linux box sits there singing songs to itself... :) Kids have fantastic imaginations - and how smart of him to have noticed the kernel version when the machine boots up :KS