PDA

View Full Version : Forbes: More Evil Than Google? - Article

ThinkBuntu
July 19th, 2007, 03:35 PM
I found this article very interesting: http://www.forbes.com/2007/07/03/google-evil-competition-tech-techbiz-cx_ag_0703googevil.html?partner=rss

igknighted
July 19th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Great read. Why not turn that same arguement around on say, the software industry? Does microsoft then deserve to be thrown even further under the bus for everything they have done? How about the music industry? Does the RIAA and the big 5 deserve to called out for their gestapo-like practices?

This is the mainstream media I speak of. Those of us who follow alternative sources know very well what is going on, but when was the last time 60 minutes or dateline told the truth about those last two groups? You would never see it. But they would jump at the chance to rip google apart.

Of course google isn't perfect. They are a huge company, and long term the only way they can succeed is to be present in the enourmous market that is china. They know that. So they bend their ideology a little. Ok, as long as they push for reforms from here on out I can live with that. Plus think of all the data they collect on users and their searches. I think its amazing how little that data ever gets leaked. Congrats guys.

So yeah, criticism is important. But look at the big picture, there are far bigger fish to fry still than google, so by the article's own logic they should not be target #1.