PDA

View Full Version : Internet-Obsessed Couple Let Kids Starve

steven8
July 17th, 2007, 06:12 AM
Internet-Obsessed Couple Let Kids Starve (http://news.aol.com/story/_a/internet-obsessed-couple-let-kids-starve/20070715195409990001)

I just never ceased to be amazed and disgusted by people. A guy who used to work for me had a phrase for this kind of thing, "This is what comes from children having children."

DoctorMO
July 17th, 2007, 06:18 AM
Jeez at least when I was young we staved because of lack of money and not all the time; I'd be really pissed if there wasn't a damn good reason, this is just plain neglect. Bah! *personal anger*

Technoviking
July 17th, 2007, 06:19 AM
I glad the kids are doing better, hopefully this did not permanently damage their development.

luckyd
July 17th, 2007, 06:21 AM
thats messed up

steven8
July 17th, 2007, 06:38 AM
I glad the kids are doing better, hopefully this did not permanently damage their development.

Yes, we have to worry about the long term repercussions. Poor kids. :(

xpod
July 17th, 2007, 11:35 AM
I know what i`d do with them....

I think we had a similar case in the UK not too long ago.The kids were left to rot is some stinking room while the parents played playstations all day.:(

Unfortunately too many kids are left to rot by their parents.
My father in law works within the child protection system and he has to deal with some horrific cases.It`s actually drained the life out of him over the years but he`d never have it any other way.

People who treat kids like that,and worse has been one of the few things in life capable of bringing real anger out in me.:(

lepz
July 17th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Obviously found enough time to feed themselves though. These bastards should be locked up and left to rot.

tigerpants
July 17th, 2007, 11:54 AM
I played a certain space-based MMO a few years back and there was a guy that played it so much he lost everything eventually - wife, kids, house, job, the lot. Last I heard he was living back with his parents, no money, family gone, still playing the game 16 hours a day.

Some people need a kick in the pants.

proalan
July 17th, 2007, 12:24 PM
thats OUTRAGOUS! [-X

It would have been forgivable if it were Ubuntu-obsessed :)

hanzomon4
July 17th, 2007, 12:28 PM
This sucks so much for the kids, being abused like this is something that will affect them for the rest of their life. I hope the State does right by them and don't separate them or bounce them around residential facilities where this kind of a abuse could easily happen again. It sucks being a ward of the State, especially at such a young age, I hope they have good family willing to take them in. I hope these sick parents realize what they have truly done to their kids...

Internet-Obsessed Couple Let Kids Starve (http://news.aol.com/story/_a/internet-obsessed-couple-let-kids-starve/20070715195409990001)

A guy who used to work for me had a phrase for this kind of thing, "This is what comes from children having children."

These parents were not "children" in any sense, 25 and 23 is an adult. I get a little ticked when bad parenting is automatically attributed to the young kids of today having kids. Fact is decades ago it was common for teens to have babies and even get married, abuse happened then too but probably was under reported.

Child abuse is not the exclusive domain of the young, stupid, or poor as most ignorantly assume. I think child abuse will continue to be a problem until kids have enforceable civil rights. It's hard to not cross the line into child abuse when a little cruelty marketed as "tough love" is considered ok and legal.

cunawarit
July 17th, 2007, 12:31 PM
playing the game 16 hours a day.

How is that possible? Back when I was game obsessed I could play a game for 4, 5 hours tops... Eventually my eyes dry up, and my butt hurts, and it gets freaking boring...

EdThaSlayer
July 17th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Another good reason to step away from the computer and be in contact with the real world.

Paul820
July 17th, 2007, 01:05 PM
How can people get so obsessed with gaming? Like the last person said, i get bored after a couple of hours. They want locking up for a long time. People like that don't deserve children. :mad:

djsroknrol
July 17th, 2007, 08:22 PM
The parents should be spayed and neutered...people like that shouldn't be allowed to have children....

Kimm
July 17th, 2007, 09:03 PM
These parents were not "children" in any sense, 25 and 23 is an adult. I get a little ticked when bad parenting is automatically attributed to the young kids of today having kids. Fact is decades ago it was common for teens to have babies and even get married, abuse happened then too but probably was under reported.

I believe that what steven8 ment was that these people where not fit to have children (not mature, i.e. children)