PDA

View Full Version : I just completely shaved my head

slimdog360
July 16th, 2007, 11:29 AM
After being charged $26 AU for a haircut a few years back, it was just a trim and took about 15 minutes, I vowed never again to pay for a hair cut ever again. Yesterday I shaved my head using a number 2 length thingy with the hair clippers but it looked crap so this morning I grabbed he clippers once more and went at it with the number 0. It is fantastic, I just wish it wasn't so cold.

23meg
July 16th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Why are haircuts so expensive in Australia?

MRiGnS
July 16th, 2007, 12:02 PM
may I call you Brittney?

ScarletPimpernell
July 16th, 2007, 12:08 PM
$26 AUD is nothing.

They tried to charge me £22 ($51 AUD!) last month.

WinterWeaver
July 16th, 2007, 12:39 PM
May I suggest a Beanie for the cold ^_^... Shaved Head + Winter + Beanie = Happiness

smoker
July 16th, 2007, 12:42 PM
saves on shampoo as well, lol,:-)

bvanaerde
July 16th, 2007, 12:42 PM
A mugshot should be appropriate now :p
Since I'm working in Leuven (which is an hour drive from home), I don't have the chance to go to the barber anymore, as it is already closed by the time I get home. So I'm trimming my hear myself now.
It's a lot cheaper, and I'm getting quite good at it too :)

gvoima
July 16th, 2007, 12:45 PM
I'm so happy that my ex-girlfriend is a hairdresser. My haircuts and dying is free :) (shampoos, conditioners and styling products too if I need some)
For men it's about 30-40e per haircut and with dye it's about 60-70e. (e = euros)

So that's about 48-65 AU haircut and 95-115 AU dye o.O

(The length of the hair makes the price here, kind of silly with short hair..)

forestpixie
July 16th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Do it my way - cut your hair biannually
somewhere between :guitar: and sitting on it :D

Stew2
July 16th, 2007, 01:14 PM
This is why I always wear hats :D

the.dark.lord
July 16th, 2007, 01:30 PM
$26 AUD is nothing.

They tried to charge me £22 ($51 AUD!) last month.

What do you mean "tried"?

xyz
July 16th, 2007, 02:18 PM
After being charged $26 AU for a haircut a few years back, it was just a trim and took about 15 minutes, I vowed never again to pay for a hair cut ever again. Yesterday I shaved my head using a number 2 length thingy with the hair clippers but it looked crap so this morning I grabbed he clippers once more and went at it with the number 0. It is fantastic, I just wish it wasn't so cold.

I also refuse to pay for haircuts. I have a comb-like thing with 2 blades inside that trim/cut just fine.

A few years, I shaved my head. At the time, I was living with someone. So I got up around 3 AM, shaved it and went back to bed. Next morning, she almost had a heart attack wondering who the hell was this new guy in her bed.

amadeus266
July 16th, 2007, 04:29 PM
I was in San Fransisco a few years ago and about had a heart attack when I found a coupon that offer $25 off a regular men's haircut. That's ludicrous.

ThinkBuntu
July 16th, 2007, 04:33 PM
I pay $15 to a Turkish guy who gives me a perfect haircut. I've been getting my hair cut by this same group of barbers since I was about 9 years old (now 19) and, by coincidence, my preferred barber joined a couple others and opened his own shop in Arlington - literally a five-minute walk from my apartment! I bumped into the guy in a chance meeting in Herndon a month after they moved, and was surprised to see how close I was to the shop once I moved in.

I'm moving to Fredericksburg in six weeks, but it's likely that I'll plan my trips back up to DC so that I can continue to get my hair cut by the same barber.

bigken
July 16th, 2007, 04:39 PM
down south (Slough) where I live I pay on average £15 per hair cut but up north (Sunderland) its only £6 :-k

shen-an-doah
July 16th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Back when I used to actually get my hair cut, it cost a whole £5!

Now if I ever bother to get it trimmed at all, my mum does it...

FurryNemesis
July 16th, 2007, 05:20 PM
There's a barber's shop (wet shaves, cuts, the works) down the hill from my campus. It's tiny, you can't move without banging your head on the ceiling but a haircut costs me £7.50 and the people there are really nice, as opposed to the one at the other end of the street where a men's cut costs £22 and you get treated like an inconvenient sheep.

Small indie shops FTW.

jgrabham
July 16th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Back when I used to actually get my hair cut, it cost a whole £5!

Now if I ever bother to get it trimmed at all, my mum does it...

Haha, I havent had my hair cut in about 18 months! (and even then not much)

http://a446.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/85/l_882d45a5b00bf869a0f62d701f9b7d7d.jpg

Dont ask whats with the buff

P.S. If you live in Slough, you should watch the jets :]

ThinkBuntu
July 16th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Haha, I havent had my hair cut in about 18 months! (and even then not much)

http://a446.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/85/l_882d45a5b00bf869a0f62d701f9b7d7d.jpg

Dont ask whats with the buff

P.S. If you live in Slough, you should watch the jets :]
Yep, that's pretty much how I pictured you.

jgrabham
July 16th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Yep, that's pretty much how I pictured you.

Thanks

kvonb
July 16th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Hey, I did the same thing a few months ago!!

I also hate paying for haircuts, $15 is too much for me, and my wife bought one of those barbers buzz cut thingies a few years ago and nobody used it.

It cried out to me to use it, so I did :)

The only thing is that it is winter over here now, and boy can you feel the cold :S.

Wish I'd have thought of it in summer :).

Maybe it's something psychological coming from using Ubuntu for too long, the thoughts of "freedom" go deeper than we suspected! :).

stepan2
July 16th, 2007, 06:38 PM
i am so glad i get haircuts i ncanada. 15 CAD is all i need :p

BLTicklemonster
July 16th, 2007, 06:42 PM

Now totally shave it to the skin, and go stand in the rain for a totally tripped out experience.

Kimm
July 16th, 2007, 07:24 PM

I started doing this about two weeks ago. It feels great! (not to mention it looks good) : I'm with you on the cold part though...

Aurora Borealis
July 16th, 2007, 08:10 PM
To solve the cold head, the bandanna look is impossibly cool, especially with a black TShirt.