PDA

View Full Version : What have/would you pay for or donate to a Linux OS?(fill in your favorite distro)

RAV TUX
July 15th, 2007, 08:02 AM
What have/would you pay for or donate to a Linux OS, any Linux OS.....Ubuntu, Slackware, Debian, etc(fill in your favorite distro)

What have you donated to Linux, Open Source or any distro project?

Even donation of your time counts...place your own determination of worth on your donated time....

Use your friendly currency convertor to convert your local currency to US Dollars:
http://www.xe.com/ucc/full.php

Tux Aubrey
July 16th, 2007, 06:30 AM
I have made a donation each time I've done an Ubuntu version upgrade - not always directly to Canonical. I have also supported my national group (ubuntu-au) for particular promotional activities. I'm still way ahead given that I didn't upgrade my machine for Vista!

tbroderick
July 16th, 2007, 07:16 AM
What have/would you pay for or donate to a Linux OS, any Linux OS.....Ubuntu, Slackware, Debian, etc(fill in your favorite distro)

I've bought two boxed versions of Red Hat back in the day. If that counts. Don't remember how much they were.

Nolander
July 16th, 2007, 07:23 AM
if i had the money i would donate as much a i can afford. but i do have some money stashed away im still deciding who gets it. probably Canonical.

Nolander

Frak
July 16th, 2007, 08:54 AM
I would give to Ubuntu, OpenSuSe, and possibly Oz, I like the way it handles :)

slimdog360
July 16th, 2007, 09:08 AM
if i could find one i really really liked then yes

RAV TUX
July 18th, 2007, 02:39 AM
I have made a donation each time I've done an Ubuntu version upgrade - not always directly to Canonical. I have also supported my national group (ubuntu-au) for particular promotional activities. I'm still way ahead given that I didn't upgrade my machine for Vista!

I would give to Ubuntu, OpenSuSe, and possibly Oz, I like the way it handles :)It's good to see the overall positive results of this poll. ;)

Frak thanks for the positive feedback on Oz.....Which version are you using? Admittedly, I use and like Oz GNOME 1.0 the best.

vwbeamer
July 18th, 2007, 02:44 AM
I liked mint Linux so much i gave 20 bucks. LOL

I also burned about ten copies of Ubuntu and gave them out.