PDA

View Full Version : Mind Control

Darkcloud
July 15th, 2007, 07:14 AM
Interesting video...

http://www.brightcove.com/title.jsp?title=704328501

rax_m
July 15th, 2007, 02:20 PM
that's pretty awesome... possibly a bit scary too.. (maybe I just read too much scifi)
;)

jeffc313
July 15th, 2007, 02:28 PM
i could see something like that in the Wii+1

kiddo
July 15th, 2007, 04:14 PM
I don't believe it one bit. Looks so much like a hoax, that it hurts.

Come on, if they haven't done that with gigantic electroencephalography (EEG) and magnetoencephalography (MEG) machines in dozens of years of research in medecine/psychology yet, I would be highly doubtful that some nowhere silicon valley startup would be able to interpret "brainwaves" using some refurbished Logitech headset and a 9v battery.

>__>

maniacmusician
July 15th, 2007, 04:16 PM
that's pretty awesome... possibly a bit scary too.. (maybe I just read too much scifi)
;)
heh, if you think that's creepy, what about the thing in the news the other day about a new technology that can erase memories.

No really, I'm serious. it can target a specific area in your brain that deals with memory and erase the brain. Well, this is what I remember from the story: there's two areas in your brain that they can do this with. One is the part that deals with the actual memory, or the events that happened, and the other deals with the emotions associated with that event. So they were thinking of using this on soldiers that get PTSD; they would simply erase the bad memory associations.

However, I can think of a lot of creepier things that people (conspiracy talk for "the government") could do with that tech.

This mind control thing pales in comparison; it's still pretty nifty though. I didn't know they were this far along.

maniacmusician
July 15th, 2007, 04:17 PM
I don't believe it one bit. Looks so much like a hoax, that it hurts.

Come on, if they haven't done that with gigantic electroencephalography (EEG) and magnetoencephalography (MEG) machines in dozens of years of research in medecine/psychology yet, I would be highly doubtful that some nowhere silicon valley startup would be able to interpret "brainwaves" using some refurbished Logitech headset and a 9v battery.

>__>
well actually, years and years of research have been spent on it; lots of places around the country are trying to do the same thing, with different sets of data and test subjects. I've read several article about it in the past few years, but this is the most advanced bit of it that I've seen yet.

eXisor
July 15th, 2007, 04:40 PM

Wiebelhaus
July 15th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Interesting video...

http://www.brightcove.com/title.jsp?title=704328501

That thing isn't coming anywhere near me , talk about old school fear of the unknown , Hook anything into my brainwaves and your going to get Pocket picks,lifted skirts,face punches & butt grabs increased about 43243524352435 billionty percent.

zanazzi
July 15th, 2007, 05:01 PM
i have seen something like this before in teh news here in the uk.

Its a cool technology.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/5167938.stm

Darkcloud
July 15th, 2007, 05:33 PM
That thing isn't coming anywhere near me , talk about old school fear of the unknown , Hook anything into my brainwaves and your going to get Pocket picks,lifted skirts,face punches & butt grabs increased about 43243524352435 billionty percent.

LOL funny but I feel the same when I first watched it it gave me a real creepy feeling no way is anyone hooking up to my mind, and if they did probably blow a circuit or something

Gordy
July 15th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Not impossible but being used this very moment. Have anyone of you heard about Scaler Wave Technology?

That is what they use and it is very real. If you do not believe this than you have your head in the sand somewhere.

crimesaucer
July 15th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Not impossible but being used this very moment. Have anyone of you heard about Scaler Wave Technology?

That is what they use and it is very real. If you do not believe this than you have your head in the sand somewhere.

No...they don't have their heads in the sand...they have them immersed in crispy fried onion rings.