PDA

View Full Version : The long awaited Fortune Stealer 2.0 has finaly been released!

RussianVodka
July 15th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Download yours here! (http://download285.mediafire.com/nj3p0n1q5rtg/ehpjyjy1nmm/FortuneStealer2.0.zip)

I was bored the last couple of days, so I decided to put my self to use and brush up on my Java skills. So I went and rewrote a program I made a while ago in C++. I gave it a graphical interface with pretty buttons, and a built in downloader (the old one used to make system calls to a windows port of wget).

Anyways, what does this program do you ask? Basically, it is a program that with a click of a button allows you to download "fortunes" from ThinkGeek, and read them at your own leisure.

For instructions on how to use, read the Readme.

So that's it, go download it, try it out, and tell me if it works as intended.

Edit: Just realized that I used forward slashes to separate folders in code. I don't know if that'll cause a problem in Windows. I think what'll happen (unless java auto-corrects this) is that instead of files being in the "Data" folder, they'll end up in the main folder as "Data/fortune_list" and what not. But since many of you use Linux, that problem shouldn't effect you.

Kingsley
July 15th, 2007, 12:26 AM
I downloaded and am running it but the fortunes aren't working for me. I keep getting an error.

RussianVodka
July 15th, 2007, 12:36 AM
Really? What does it say? If it says something like "Fortune already exists" when you're downloading it, you have to run the program from the shell script, not the .jar file.

RussianVodka
July 15th, 2007, 03:03 AM
41 views and one comment? You guys really love to give feedback!

zorglups
February 18th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Oooooh... I wanted to give it a trial but the download link is broken...