PDA

View Full Version : search tips

redarmy
July 14th, 2007, 10:08 PM
Hallo users,

recently I'm on the search for a job. I have of course tried my hand with monster and other popular job search engines, but find that they are actually not that powerful as so far there is no even one relevant position offered from my city, which is not big, but definitely has a lot manufactories. So, I'd love to know whether it is possible to use google to find all/most of the companies offering positions in my field. After some readings, I have tried following search syntax:
(robot* OR automation) AND (job* OR carreer*)
which resulted in some information, but not that comprehensive.

Any tips?

redarmy

Bachstelze
August 3rd, 2007, 08:49 PM
Moved to the Cafe.

Tyche
August 3rd, 2007, 11:54 PM
Hallo users,

recently I'm on the search for a job. I have of course tried my hand with monster and other popular job search engines, but find that they are actually not that powerful as so far there is no even one relevant position offered from my city, which is not big, but definitely has a lot manufactories. So, I'd love to know whether it is possible to use google to find all/most of the companies offering positions in my field. After some readings, I have tried following search syntax:
(robot* OR automation) AND (job* OR carreer*)
which resulted in some information, but not that comprehensive.

Any tips?

redarmy

If your city has a television station or newspaper see if it/they have a classified section and/or a jobs section. Also, you could try "headhunters" in Google, or look in the phone book for the names of job recruiters. Also check (in Google) for any companies in your city. I went this route for about a month before I landed a job in Phoenix, Arizona. Your time may vary. Good luck!