PDA

View Full Version : I need help with my e-mail service.

kittyhawk63
July 14th, 2007, 04:55 PM
I use "myfastmail.com" as my e-mail service provider. It allows me to download 40.MB a month using its free service.

This month I have been getting spammed like crazy ever since I went on this particular site to purchase something. I can't get it and all the other spamming services connected to it to stop emailing even though they offer an "opt-out." They have now caused me to "limit out" on my monthly quota of service. I have never had this problem before.

Myfastmail.com is not pop3, but rather IMAP.

1. Does anyone know how I can preview email before I download it? (I am familiar with using the free Mailwasher in Windows.)

2. Does anyone know how I can get this spamming stopped? I hate to change my email address, but that may be my only alternative. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your help.
BTW, I hope I posted this in the right section.
kh

DalekClock
July 14th, 2007, 07:13 PM
If your provides gives you webmail(email access through the WWW(your browser)), you could use that to preview messages. And to stop all the spam, you could configure filters on your email client to accept only mail from trusted addresses and delete/mark-as-junk any from unknown ones.