PDA

View Full Version : Audio Library Manager Poll

luckyd
July 14th, 2007, 01:23 AM
heres a little poll for me to try to see what the most popular audio mangers are...

yabbadabbadont
July 14th, 2007, 02:36 AM
Other. I don't use a library manager at all, other than organizing the files in a proper directory tree. In my case, /media/music/Flac/Artist/Album or /media/music/Mp3/Artist/Album.

hanzomon4
July 14th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Wow another music software poll...

Joking, I'm in a state where I'm not really satisfied with any of them. RhythmBox is nice but it's streaming capabilities and ipod integration suck. Exaile is great but the lastFM player is fickle and I don't like the interface as much as I use to. Banshee is nice but it acts weired sometimes and I dislike not being able to browse my music like I can in all of the other players(Artist, Album, Song). Listen use to be my favorite but I stopped following development and it has this awful bug that makes it resize itself right off the screen if an album has a long name. Even though Listen is currently not my favorite I still hold out hope for it's future because the interface is great and it has some really awesome features.

I could go on but the perfect player eludes me, I'll stick with Exaile! and RhythmBox for the moment. I've used AmoraK on some KDE distros and loved it, it's the perfect player on KDE and Gnome if you don't mind the theme clash.

Arathorn
July 14th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Audio manager? I use Musicbrainz PicardQT to tag my files and Windows Explorer / Krusader to move them around. Then I use foobar2000 for playback. I simply have all my audio files in one playlist.

bonzodog
July 14th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Quod Libet has to be one of the best out there, but Exaile comes a close second.

luckyd
July 14th, 2007, 06:18 PM
I am suprised that I am the only person to vote for listen because, it seems (to me) like it has the best interface of the bunch, and I have never experienced the bug that hanzomon4 wrote about.

nelamvr6
July 14th, 2007, 07:45 PM
On my desktop at home I use SlimServer with my Squeezebox. On my notebook I use Quod Libet, specifically because it supports replaygain.

tbroderick
July 14th, 2007, 10:20 PM
mpd

strabes
July 14th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Nothing compares to amarok in my opinion. The ability to add scripts is wonderful.

tcoffeep
July 18th, 2007, 12:55 PM
I just use VLC for music :)

GOM on windows though :)

ThinkBuntu
July 18th, 2007, 01:40 PM
I like RhythmBox nowadays when using GNOME (it has way too many GNOME dependencies to be in a light Xfce system, though), but I find that I'm using Audacious more and more largely because I store all my music on my iPod, which I usually just plug into my stereo or my office speakers.

BrokeBody
July 18th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Other

I don't use a library manager.