PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] One day at a time

lisati
July 14th, 2007, 01:10 AM
I first came across this about 15 years ago on a wall:

Why Worry?

There are two days in every week about which we should not worry, Two days which should be keept free from fear and apprehension.

One of these days is Yesterday with its mistakes and cares, its faults and blunders, its aches and pains. Yesterday has passed beyond our control, all the money cannot buy it back. We cannot undo a single act we performed, we cannot erase a single word we said, Yesterday is gone!

The other day we should not worry about is Tomorrow, with its possible adversities, its burdens, its large promises, and poor performance. Tomorrow is beyond our control. Tomorrow the sun will rise, either in splendour, or behind a mask of clouds, but it will rise. Until it does, we have no stake in Tomorrow, for, as yet, it is unknown.

This leaves Today - one day.

Any person can fight the battle of just one day - it is only when you and I add the burdens of those two awful days - Yesterday and Tomorrow - that we break down.

It is not the experience of Today that drives a person mad - it is the memories or bitterness for something that happened Yesterday, and the dread of what Tmorrow may bring.

Let us therefore live one day at a time.

Rocket2DMn
July 14th, 2007, 01:18 AM
That's deep. The farthest I can think back was lunch, and furthest I can think ahead is dinner. I think I am following that advice.

zanazzi
July 14th, 2007, 01:20 AM
That's deep. The farthest I can think back was lunch, and furthest I can think ahead is dinner. I think I am following that advice.

i think i should :S

bread eyes
July 14th, 2007, 01:51 AM
ya man, screw thinking in advance