PDA

View Full Version : Alright, which one of you guys did this?

bimmerd00d
July 12th, 2007, 07:15 PM
www.iloveubuntu.com

good joke.:lolflag:

OffHand
July 12th, 2007, 07:36 PM
lol :)

aks44
July 12th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Here it is...

Whois info for, iloveubuntu.com:

Registrant:
Tech
14 Pinfold
Manchester, M4577S
GB

Domain name: ILOVEUBUNTU.COM

Administrative Contact:
Roser, James jamesbrose123@gmail.com
14 Pinfold
Manchester, M4577S
GB
+44.1617666945
Technical Contact:
Hostmaster, Domain hostmaster@eclipse.net.uk
Portland House
Longbrook Street
Exeter, DEVON EX4 6AB
GB
+44.1392333333 Fax: +44.1392333334

Registration Service Provider:
Eclipse Internet Limited, hostmaster@eclipse.net.uk
+44.1392333333
This company may be contacted for domain login/passwords,
DNS/Nameserver changes, and general domain support questions.

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
Record last updated on 29-Nov-2006.
Record expires on 29-Nov-2008.
Record created on 29-Nov-2006.

Domain servers in listed order:
DNS2.AS12513.NET
DNS1.ECLIPSE.NET.UK
DNS1.AS12513.NET

Isn't that called cybersquatting? :-\" :mad:

IYY
July 12th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Wait, that's what the Microsoft site actually looks like now? It's probably the worst design I've seen in years.

Dragonbite
July 12th, 2007, 09:00 PM
I think I clicked on the link 3 times before I realized what you were saying! That's funny!

Lster
July 12th, 2007, 09:06 PM
That is amusing...

Wait, that's what the Microsoft site actually looks like now? It's probably the worst design I've seen in years.

I suppose it is the worst design in years because Microsoft made it? Really though, I hate MS too; there are enough things Microsoft have messed up on without picking wholes in everything they do... ;-)

IYY
July 12th, 2007, 09:53 PM
That is amusing...

I suppose it is the worst design in years because Microsoft made it? Really though, I hate MS too; there are enough things Microsoft have messed up on without picking wholes in everything they do... ;-)

I don't actually hate Microsoft, and I think that they've done many things right: Windows 2000 was a decent platform for the time, Age of Empires is a great game, their mice are among the best, Visual Basic is a decent language for beginners and for prototype-software, Excel is still the best spreadsheet program out there.

If I actually hated Microsoft, I wouldn't be surprised at the low quality of this site. Their site used to look decent.

jgrabham
July 12th, 2007, 10:08 PM
I don't actually hate Microsoft, and I think that they've done many things right: Windows 2000 was a decent platform for the time, Age of Empires is a great game, their mice are among the best, Visual Basic is a decent language for beginners and for prototype-software, Excel is still the best spreadsheet program out there.

If I actually hated Microsoft, I wouldn't be surprised at the low quality of this site. Their site used to look decent.

I hate MS, love AOE, and win xp/2000. But I hate their business practices. The answer- Piracy :]

FuturePilot
July 12th, 2007, 11:28 PM
Call me slow but I don't get it:-k

lisati
July 12th, 2007, 11:32 PM
I hate MS, love AOE, and win xp/2000. But I hate their business practices. The answer- Piracy :]
Wasn't there something back in the '80s where Microsoft took Xerox to court about Xerox's GUI called "GEM"? As I recall GEM was more like Apple's GUI of the time than Windows.....

init1
July 13th, 2007, 01:01 AM
Call me slow but I don't get it:-k
www.iloveubuntu.com redirects to the microsoft page.

trak87
July 13th, 2007, 01:10 AM
Wasn't there something back in the '80s where Microsoft took Xerox to court about Xerox's GUI called "GEM"? As I recall GEM was more like Apple's GUI of the time than Windows.....

Xerox was the company (at the Palo Alto Research Center) that came up with the modern GUI interface. Apple borrowed it and then Microsoft borrowed from Apple. Not sure about the lawsuit, but I think you are referring to this one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_v._Microsoft

starcraft.man
July 13th, 2007, 01:11 AM

I have to agree... after seeing lots of sites on the net (and even designing a few) I have to say that is just a bad page. I guess their page is so uninteresting, the squatter guy (who ever registered the redirect) took pity on them and wanted to trick some Ubuntu users. Kinda sad really... oh well :p.