PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu is spelt wrong?

Darkcloud
July 12th, 2007, 05:37 AM
according to the forums spell checker/dictionary [ Ubuntu ]the little red line underneath I think that's funny! maybe it should be added to the dictionary on the site.

Wiebelhaus
July 12th, 2007, 05:46 AM
It's a name so therefor has to be capitalized , Also it's "Spelled wrong" that was my impromptu spell checker btw.

Darkcloud
July 12th, 2007, 06:18 AM
It's a name so therefor has to be capitalized , Also it's "Spelled wrong" that was my impromptu spell checker btw.

doesn't matter if you capitalize it or not as you type your post it is still underlined as a mispelt word

FuturePilot
July 12th, 2007, 06:51 AM
Are you sure? If I capitalize it it's not marked as misspelled.
Ubuntu ubuntu

matthinckley
July 12th, 2007, 06:53 AM
it's your browsers spell check. the forums have no spell check feature

beesthorpe
July 12th, 2007, 10:25 AM

According to the Oxford Dictionary spelt is the "past and past participle of SPELL" although it gives "spelled" as an alternative.

slimdog360
July 12th, 2007, 10:47 AM
According to the Oxford Dictionary spelt is the "past and past participle of SPELL" although it gives "spelled" as an alternative.

I came across this once before, I think its an American thing. You know that they can't spell, right?

DoktorSeven
July 12th, 2007, 10:51 AM
I came across this once before, I think its an American thing. You know that they can't spell, right?

Al liez! Wee Amarikuns kan spel joost fien, thaink yew veiry mouch!

(Ouch, it's hard to deliberately misspell words!)

:)

ynnhoj
July 12th, 2007, 12:23 PM
actually, to expand on beesthorpe's quote, this is what i found in the dictionary: "chiefly British past and past participle of SPELL".