PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Youtube videos for tutorials

elfgoh
July 11th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Hi all,

I am not sure if this is the correct section to post this thread. Please advise and shift the thread if it is not the right place.

My LUG considering organising a Linux Install Workshop in my University. I hitted upon the idea of using a Youtube video that captures the installation process to carry out the workshop.

1stly I would like to ask if you folks think this is a good idea.

2ndly, I would like to suggest that maybe we should advocate the forum users to embed relevant youtube videos in their tutorials and tips.

There is also an upcoming recruitment fair for freshmen and would like to ask if there are threads on similar topics. Please tell me which search string to use.

For the fair, I am thinking of showing some nice youtube videos showing the eye candy effects of beryl/compiz at the recruitment booth. May I know if there is any site other than youtube that has such videos and has a ranking system for the videos? Youtube has way too many videos and I think the ranking system may not be accurate.

It may be a good way to see what are the popular and good videos that can be used to help market Linux.

Good day to all.

AmyRose
July 12th, 2007, 02:29 AM
Well, there's one problem with youtube videos: the resolution is so low that you can't really see what's shown on the video.

Other than that, it sounds like a pretty cool idea.

aysiu
July 12th, 2007, 02:37 AM
This is more appropriate in Community Chat than General Help, so I've moved the thread.

As for other sites, check out this one:
http://ubuntuclips.org/