PDA

View Full Version : Donation feedback

subterrific
July 18th, 2005, 06:11 AM
Almost a month ago I made a donation to the forums via paypal. I've received no feedback that the donation was received (besides my Paypal account balance dropping). My user status has not changed to "donator" and the donation progress bar has remained at 37.56% for over two months. I even sent a message via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page and still nothing. It'd be nice to get some kind of email from a real person saying thanks or simply "we got the money". The forums are still up so that's a good sign I guess...

netrattler
July 18th, 2005, 01:44 PM
You can try contacting ubuntu-geek in the forum by sending him a private message, he is the one contacted me and made the changes.

Joe

ubuntu-geek
July 18th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Almost a month ago I made a donation to the forums via paypal. I've received no feedback that the donation was received (besides my Paypal account balance dropping). My user status has not changed to "donator" and the donation progress bar has remained at 37.56% for over two months. I even sent a message via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page and still nothing. It'd be nice to get some kind of email from a real person saying thanks or simply "we got the money". The forums are still up so that's a good sign I guess...
PM me the email address I'll look into it and get you taken care of.

WildTangent
July 19th, 2005, 06:27 AM
dont be so quick to judge man...people make mistakes, even admin. ive made many as admin on my forum ;)

-Wild

mdsmedia
August 26th, 2006, 12:17 AM
I was reading the notices regarding the awaited updates from Canonical and the the update problems earlier this week.

I made a small donation some time ago, not an amount that I'd consider "deserving" of any sort of recognition. But I wondered at the time what was required to receive the "Forum Donator" designation on the avatar.

The question has been asked in a number of threads but I've never seen a positive response.

I wonder if it wouldn't lead to more donations if some sort of recognition was in the offering? I'll make a donation now through the PayPal service, before receiving any sort of response, a) to show that that's not what I'm looking for and b) to show my support for the Linux distro that I've called home since October last year after the negative response to the update problems earlier in the week.

But I'd like to know what it is that's required to receive that designation, just because if people knew there might be some more financial support from the thousands of forum members.