PDA

View Full Version : hello to all

leedsdevil
July 11th, 2007, 12:59 PM
hello all im new to ubuntu community ,

FoolsGold_MKII
July 11th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Good day.

Get yourself an avatar, a sig and a beer.

Tomosaur
July 11th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Good afternoon, old chap :)

diesel1
July 11th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Ey up. Hows tha doin?

Diesel1.

leedsdevil
July 11th, 2007, 01:28 PM
how do i get a sig and how do make avatar? im new to threads of any sort so please be easy with me

diesel1
July 11th, 2007, 01:31 PM
how do i get a sig and how do make avatar? im new to threads of any sort so please be easy with me

Click on 'User CP' between the Home and Forum Help links in the forum menu.

Diesel1.

leedsdevil
July 11th, 2007, 01:33 PM
thanks i had just found it. im new to doing the thread thing im more into the inter workings of the PC and linux which im still a newb at but moving into it rather well thanks for all the help

Kowalski_GT-R
July 11th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Good day.

Get yourself an avatar, a sig and a beer.

:cool:

hi and welcome!

leedsdevil
July 11th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Hello gt-r

Tyche
July 11th, 2007, 01:43 PM
hello all im new to ubuntu community ,

Welcome. Hope you're not old, 'cause the forums are where you'll learn all sorts of new tricks. I know I have - and not just about Ubuntu. I read about somebody having trouble with a particular program and I go digging to find out what the program is. First in Synaptic and then on Google. Some of them I end up installing, if they sound like something that would interest me. I'm just glad that I run a dual partition, 'cause I'm always breaking something so bad that the OS won't re-boot, and have to fall back to the other partition to get help. :)

Craig
Tyche

leedsdevil
July 11th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Wicked thats the only way i have learned well other than the assitance of google and the ocasional book i have beat up older pcs and made then run better than new with alot of internal and O/s tweeks

Kowalski_GT-R
July 11th, 2007, 02:20 PM
beat up older pcs

Lots of satisfaction to be had here.

Some Linux distros (apparently) give old PCs a new life (I'm also new to Ubuntu)

leedsdevil
July 11th, 2007, 02:28 PM
well GT-R its good to meet ya hope to always chat with ya and yes i have play with a few distros i liked ubuntu media its neat havent reallly got into as much as i like but will do today

neoflight
July 11th, 2007, 05:04 PM
hey man,

shhhh.....do not forget to lock ur pillows away....
and do not talk to that man there.....yes that one!....
that guy talks about other people all the time....so do not hang out with him....
Her jean knees are torn...:-#