PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Spellcheck "Linux not found, use windows"!

MartynM
July 10th, 2007, 11:58 PM
A web designer at my workplace discovered that on typing "Linux" into Photoshop CS3's search box it comes up with "Windows" as the answer. This must be intentional on Adobe's behalf, funny? Depressing I call it.

Here's the link to a screenshot http://www.k-i-v.com/wp-content/cs3-spell-check.JPG

And Joseph's blog with more info http://www.k-i-v.com/2007/07/10/spell-check-linux-not-found-use-windows/

I'm guessing that we won't be seeing any Adobe software ported to Linux in the near future then. Not that I'm surprised.

TBOL3
July 11th, 2007, 12:06 AM
Well, maybe this is actually a good thing. Maybe some guy adding "Linux Sucks", to his picture, then spell checks it, and automatically clicks Change. He then saves it, and emails it, without noticing his blunder. The guy he emails it to receives the message, and either a. switches to some form of linux, b. being a dye hard windows user, decides to decapitate the picture maker.

:lolflag:

H.E. Pennypacker
July 11th, 2007, 12:19 AM
LOL!

I haven't read the blog, but I am thinking it's fake. I could be wrong.

MartynM
July 11th, 2007, 09:26 AM
LOL!

I haven't read the blog, but I am thinking it's fake. I could be wrong.

It's not a fake, test it for yourself.

cunawarit
July 11th, 2007, 09:49 AM
heh, that's quite funny.

It may not reflect Adobe's policy as a whole on Linux, it could just be one team's views or a single programmer's.

FoolsGold_MKII
July 11th, 2007, 09:52 AM
*edit*

I believe you. I don't agree with Adobe's recommendation though. :)

kiv
July 13th, 2007, 05:26 PM
I don't agree with it either.. it happens to be my blog also! lol.

Martyn and I both agreed we felt disappointed.. I wonder if its one developer or team that is responsible?!

*learns GIMP & PIXEL & waits for more development on the Ubuntu Image Editing front*

Any recommendations for photoshop & indesign alternatives in ubuntu... also any dreamweaver and flash alternatives would be great!

Extreme Coder
July 13th, 2007, 09:23 PM
I don't agree with it either.. it happens to be my blog also! lol.

Martyn and I both agreed we felt disappointed.. I wonder if its one developer or team that is responsible?!

*learns GIMP & PIXEL & waits for more development on the Ubuntu Image Editing front*

Any recommendations for photoshop & indesign alternatives in ubuntu... also any dreamweaver and flash alternatives would be great!
Krita is pretty nice ;)

kiv
July 17th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Krita is pretty nice ;)

Thank you!