PDA

View Full Version : CPU FREQUENCY SCALING also Golden Dennace

PatrickMay16
July 10th, 2007, 07:37 PM
BENIS DENIS! DENNACE DENNACE DENNACE.
Hello there. You're looking lovely today... heh heh heh.
Alright. Enough small talk. Let's get to business.
My name is Dennace Whitely. You might have heard of me before... they like to call me Golden Dennace. I run several companies in Scotland.
The reason I am here today is to ask you some questions on 'LINUX'.

Do you use CPU frequency scaling in linux? I do, on my laptop and desktop computers.

In my desktop, I have an Athlon64 3800+, and I have enabled the 'cool'n'quiet' function. It didn't work at first, but it worked fine after I updated my bios to the most recent version available.

In my laptop, an Asus Z35FM with the Celeron M processor, I didn't know what to do to get it working. After asking for help amongst some people, I found that loading the 'p4_clockmod' module would enable it. It works very well now.

Do you use it? And laptop users, do you notice any increase in battery life when you use it?

Polygon
July 10th, 2007, 08:25 PM
my processor doesnt support it i dont think, every time i try to add the cpu scaling frequency monitor applet (for gnome), it spits out some error how it doesnt support it.

which is weird cause my processor isnt that old: amd athlon xp 2.1 ghz

red_Marvin
July 10th, 2007, 10:36 PM
I have a laptop with an amd athlon64 x2 somenumber, which runs at 800MHz whenever it can and then goes up to 1600MHz when it needs to...

reacocard
July 11th, 2007, 12:12 AM
Intel pentium m, goes from 600mhz to 1.7ghz, worked automatically.