PDA

View Full Version : Funny story to share...

amadeus266
July 10th, 2007, 05:05 PM
I had to share this one. I don't know how many of you have experienced this one, post if you have.

I have Feisty installed on my workstation at work and the other day I installed Compiz-Fusion and was showing it off to a co-worker when my boss appeared out of nowhere. He was upset that I would be doing something like this at work (obviously) and sent my co-worker and myself out on a break. When I came back from my break, I busted my boss sitting at my workstation playing with the cube with a look of total euphoria on his face!!! He then requested that I research the rest of our systems in order to convert them over to linux "because the security features appear to be very good." :lolflag:

igknighted
July 10th, 2007, 05:13 PM
I had to share this one. I don't know how many of you have experienced this one, post if you have.

I have Feisty installed on my workstation at work and the other day I installed Compiz-Fusion and was showing it off to a co-worker when my boss appeared out of nowhere. He was upset that I would be doing something like this at work (obviously) and sent my co-worker and myself out on a break. When I came back from my break, I busted my boss sitting at my workstation playing with the cube with a look of total euphoria on his face!!! He then requested that I research the rest of our systems in order to convert them over to linux "because the security features appear to be very good." :lolflag:

HAHA! Classic!

Nowhere near as cool, but I got a great look from our IT head when I set up an Ubuntu LAMP server and had our website online and the server configured in about an hour. I'd try compiz fusion, but i think it'd be hard to justify on a server :-/

ThinkBuntu
July 10th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Euphoria? He needs to get out more.

original_jamingrit
July 10th, 2007, 05:16 PM

That story is made of so much awesome and win.

It just goes to show that sometimes a few extra bells and whistles are all it takes for a casual user to take Linux seriously.

Tyche
July 10th, 2007, 05:17 PM
WELL DONE! both of you

Craig
Tyche

FuturePilot
July 10th, 2007, 06:49 PM

:lolflag:Hahaha. Great! I've always said that the best way to introduce people to Ubuntu is to let them actually use it. It's true.:)