PDA

View Full Version : using evolution with orca?

w9fyi
July 10th, 2007, 01:17 AM
Hello,
How does one use evolution with orca? I can open email, and I know that it's open, but I am unable to see any kind of text on the screen. second, Is updating to the latest dev version of firefox the way to make orca work properly in web pages? If so, How does one install it? I aswell, would like to be able to use ubuntu as an alternative for windows.

americux
July 11th, 2007, 11:13 AM
Hi:
>>How does one use evolution with orca?
Orca works fine with Evolution.
>>Is updating to the latest dev version of firefox the way to make orca work properly in web pages?
Not properly. Itīs expected that Firefox 3 will do it. You can prove with the latest beta version that works really well, almost perfect. Download your proper version from http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-trunk/
Regards.

w9fyi
July 12th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Well, now I do have firefox working, and so far it's not that bd. However, When i['m in evolution, and I've pressed the enter key opening a message that i want to read, Using the arrow keys don't give any sort of feedback what so ever. Is there some sort of setting that needs to be corrected in evolution?

americux
July 16th, 2007, 06:41 AM
Well, now I do have firefox working, and so far it's not that bd. However, When i['m in evolution, and I've pressed the enter key opening a message that i want to read, Using the arrow keys don't give any sort of feedback what so ever. Is there some sort of setting that needs to be corrected in evolution?
No, you donīt need something extra or special. Try using tab key. Youīd need to know shortcuts for GNOME and for Orca.
Good luck