PDA

View Full Version : Has it been hotter this summer or what?

bread eyes
July 9th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Has it been hotter this summer or what?

Ultra Magnus
July 9th, 2007, 11:31 PM
nope - Living in Britain - its been raining solidly for over a month!

cunawarit
July 9th, 2007, 11:33 PM
No, here in the UK there hasn't been any summer. It has been rain non-stop, in my near 17 years in the UK I have NEVER seen weather this bad.

bread eyes
July 9th, 2007, 11:34 PM

lucky

Ultra Magnus
July 9th, 2007, 11:49 PM
Actually I lied - there was some sun this afternoon, but it rained on me on my way back from work - fortunately I have my trusty Kag in a bag to hand so I didn't get (too) wet - seriously get a Kag in a bag - they are awesome!

Omnios
July 9th, 2007, 11:58 PM
The heat so far in Ontario Canada has been so so. The humidity on the other hand has been killer. There have been days where it was only like 70* and I was sweating.

Zzl1xndd
July 10th, 2007, 12:05 AM
The heat so far in Ontario Canada has been so so. The humidity on the other hand has been killer. There have been days where it was only like 70* and I was sweating.

same issue here in NB

ceelo
July 10th, 2007, 12:07 AM
It was actually pretty cool and rainy last week, but it's starting to heat up again. Overall, a pretty typical summer thus far.

diskotek
July 10th, 2007, 12:25 AM
we had a very early and very hot summer from april.
and winter was not so cold, and no snow, just bit rain. and in big cities, there would be cut for water they announced.

Atomic Dog
July 10th, 2007, 12:33 AM
Been pretty normal here in the desert of Arizona. Pretty normal temps from Winter on. Actually we had frost a few times and it killed a bunch of trees -it was a darn cold winter. Summer temps are hot, but not unusual to hit 116 so I'm going to say no, not hotter than usual.

bread eyes
July 10th, 2007, 12:34 AM
Someone picked "GLOBAL WARMING IS AN INVENTION OF LIBERALS"
:lolflag:

thisllub
July 10th, 2007, 01:58 AM
We have had more snow in the mountains here this year than for a few years.

Climate change won't be noticed particularly in any one year unless one of the so called "tipping point" events occurs like the cessation of the gulf stream.
Then lookout.

original_jamingrit
July 10th, 2007, 02:45 AM
In Ottawa, It's been strangely cool and rainy; with very short, very humid heat waves interspersed.

Kevin
July 10th, 2007, 03:09 AM
I don't know, its been cool in ottawa for the past week or two, but before that it was a pretty ridiculously hot summer from what I've seen. But its true, the humidity has been killer... just yesterday it was fairly cool but the sweat was still pouring off...

smartboyathome
July 10th, 2007, 03:22 AM
It is expected to break the record here in washington for the next couple of days. It did that around this time last year too.

Frak
July 10th, 2007, 03:28 AM
I live in OK, USA, and it also rained for AN ENTIRE MONTH!
But weird weather is natural here.

illu45
July 10th, 2007, 03:56 AM
I think its been pretty much the same over here (Toronto), although, as it always does, it generally varies from being intensely humid and hot (30C) to being rather cool (20C).

stepan2
July 10th, 2007, 04:07 AM
I am living in cnada and i am confused as hell on the weather. Usually it is completely hot and i can't stand it but one day it was snowing! YES SNOWING!!!! And i live in toronto , not in the north

mdsmedia
July 10th, 2007, 04:17 AM
I live in OK, USA, and it also rained for AN ENTIRE MONTH!
But weird weather is natural here.I'm in Australia, but I have a friend just outside Dallas who was screaming for rain, then all of a sudden they got what she asked for. I don't know which part of OK you're in but it seems Dallas had similar weather.

In Melbourne, Aus, it was a relatively mild summer, and then the winter started off pretty mild too, but it's got pretty cold as normal.

bread eyes
July 10th, 2007, 04:18 AM
I am living in cnada and i am confused as hell on the weather. Usually it is completely hot and i can't stand it but one day it was snowing! YES SNOWING!!!! And i live in Toronto , not in the north

Wow, I'm not even that far from Toronto and it's pretty hot here...

bread eyes
July 10th, 2007, 04:20 AM
But weird weather is natural here.

Kinda oxymoronic. :lol:

Frak
July 10th, 2007, 04:25 AM
I'm in Australia, but I have a friend just outside Dallas who was screaming for rain, then all of a sudden they got what she asked for. I don't know which part of OK you're in but it seems Dallas had similar weather.

In Melbourne, Aus, it was a relatively mild summer, and then the winter started off pretty mild too, but it's got pretty cold as normal.
Yes we both got somewhere around 4-10ft of Rain over a 16-18 day period.
State Farm is the best insurance company. Good thing I got the flood insurance at the last minute.

Sunflower1970
July 10th, 2007, 04:51 AM
It's been a bit cooler here than normal. (Central Texas) And a lot wetter. Usually this time of year we're in the mid to upper 90s and in the middle of a drought. This year it's been the upper 80s lower 90s and rain almost every afternoon.

No complaints here though. I much prefer this than the usual sweat-fest we have.

Darkcloud
July 10th, 2007, 06:38 AM
currently its not raining and the sun has been out a few days in a row so that makes it hotter than usual and suppose to be hot later this week very unusual for this time of year for here
(WA wet side)

Chilli Bob
July 10th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Brisbane has just had the coldest June in 40-something years. Make of that what you will.

argie
July 10th, 2007, 10:39 AM
I can't remember very clearly, but there was a real hot summer (40+ degrees) either last year or the year before that. This year's been mild in comparison where I live. Rains and all.

OffHand
July 10th, 2007, 12:10 PM
It has been raining here for over a month (6 weeks now iirc) - also the temperature is below average :confused: