PDA

View Full Version : Getting bit by a dog sucks

BWF89
July 17th, 2005, 02:56 AM
My friend Frank and me just got back from the movie theater. We watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. And we got bored sitting in my gamer room watching TV when Frank suggested that we go over one of his friend Mike's house and swim in his pool. His friend was on vacation but his dad didn't go and they said we could come over and swim anytime. So were riding our bikes over to his house. We cut through peoples yards to get there and Frank suggested that we take the trail through the woods to his house but I wanted to cut through some yards because if I went through the woods trail I would have to walk my bike up a HUGE hill.

So Frank took the trail and I cut through someones yard. A month earlier someone told us not to walk through a yard but I forgot which one it was so I just cut through the yard that I thought wansn't the one he told us to stay out of.

So I'm walking through the yard and this grey and brown spotted dog comes up to me. Now I'm used to dogs running at me and barking. When my neighbors and Frank's dogs do that it means that want petted or rubbed behind the ears. I put my hand out but then figure "I'm too tired to be bothered with petting dogs" so I continue to walk my bike through the yard and all the dog opens his mouth and takes a bite at my leg.

I really didn't feel alot of pain. I was just shocked. "Wow, I'm getting bit by a dog" I thought. I couldn't kick it because of where he was standing and because he only bit down for about 3 seconds.

After he let go I ran out of the yard and onto the road. The dogs owners yelled at it and put it inside. 2 women (I assume one was the mom and one was her sister) come out and put a some bandages and a rag on it and gave me her phone number so my parents could call them. She told me the dog is up to date on all his shots. So I rode my bike home and "Hey dad I got bit by a dog heres the number you have to call".

After they call them I wanted to stay inside and play some TAA (Tribes Aerial Assault an online Playstation 2 game) but my dad made me go back outside. So Frank and me went over Mikes house and his dad said we could swim in his pool. We only swam for a half hour at most and I figured that the chlorine water would kill any bacteria on my leg.

It's been a few hours now and where the dog bit is now really hard and I can't walk without limping. My dad said he didn't want to sue or make a big deal out of the incident and I'll probably go to the doctors or something tomarrow.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/BWF89/BWFlegbitbydog.jpg
Yes, I do wear velcro shoes. Not because I can't tie a bow, I just don't want to.

TravisNewman
July 17th, 2005, 03:00 AM
that. sucks.

matthew
July 17th, 2005, 03:11 AM
That stinks! Get well soon. At least you met the owner and don't have to go through rabies treatments.

super
July 17th, 2005, 03:13 AM
AHH! Tetaneus!!

not to scare you or anything but you really should get a shot and soon!

re: velcro shoes
imho velcro shoes are among the most effective means of locating a computer guru. zipper/clip-on ties, white dress socks and usb-flash drives on key chains are also effective. :-P

just joking!

BWF89
July 17th, 2005, 03:17 AM
re: velcro shoes
imho velcro shoes are among the most effective means of locating a computer guru. zipper/clip-on ties, white dress socks and usb-flash drives on key chains are also effective. :-P

just joking!
Yeah lol. I get teased for wearing them at school but they only cost 15 bucks and I don't care what other people think about me.

TravisNewman
July 17th, 2005, 03:29 AM
Yeah lol. I get teased for wearing them at school but they only cost 15 bucks and I don't care what other people think about me.
good way to be! I would wear velcro shoes if I ever found any that were comfy

WildTangent
July 17th, 2005, 03:39 AM
that looks like it hurt, but ive had worse just riding my bike lol. as for velcro shoes, i understand your reasoning, im the same way, i can tie em, but i dont want to :P all i do is tie mine, and double knot them, and never untie them :P i just slip em on and off. sure, they get a little worn out a little less than a year after buying them, but by then, im usually good for the next size up :P (currently size 13 and still growing lol)

-Wild

TravisNewman
July 17th, 2005, 03:43 AM
wow. That's a big foot.

But not Bigfoot. You know, sasquatch. Not him.

BWF89
July 17th, 2005, 03:44 AM
I'm a size 9.5 Wide.

TravisNewman
July 17th, 2005, 03:46 AM
*lol*

post 1: I got bitten by a dog
post 9: I'm a size 9.5 wide.

Talk about a tangent! :)

bored2k
July 17th, 2005, 03:53 AM
I feel sorry and happy for you. Sorry because it happened. Happy because it wasn't my Rottweiler (see that picture you took ? you'd have no foot left..).

I like your "i dont care" way :D.

NeoSNightmarE
July 17th, 2005, 04:48 AM
That looks like it hurt-ed. I got bit in the arm by a dog and the damn thing had no diseases but it got infected so I had to get that treated. It sucked. As for the velcro shoes...meh, I did that for a while but they started to get worn more on one side than the other for some reason and that was about it. Now I'm wearing some blue ones that have no logo but are comfy as hell. Shoe tying does not happen though. I use the same slip on and off technique mentioned above. It's just easier....especially with a size 13 where you have to tighten up all the laces and stuff. bahh.

WildTangent
July 17th, 2005, 07:17 AM
Talk about a tangent! :)
you can talk about me as long as it isnt negative :P

-Wild

bored2k
July 17th, 2005, 07:19 AM
you can talk about me as long as it isnt negative :P

-Wild
Where's the little For the Horde warrior :( ?

WildTangent
July 17th, 2005, 07:21 AM
Where's the little For the Horde warrior :( ?
having his nap ;)

-Wild

TravisNewman
July 17th, 2005, 07:23 AM
*lol* You guys rock.

I do miss the angry baby ;)

WildTangent
July 17th, 2005, 07:29 AM
I do miss the angry baby ;)
i like the pest-control penguin :D

-Wild

bored2k
July 17th, 2005, 07:40 AM
i like the pest-control penguin :D

-Wild
The what ? Lol.

Still, that little baby reminded me of Gimli (http://www.kulichki.com/tolkien/arhiv/kino/gimli.jpg) from LOTR ;).

WildTangent
July 17th, 2005, 07:59 AM
happy now? bunch of whiners....awww, you know i love you all!

-Wild

bored2k
July 17th, 2005, 08:13 AM
happy now? bunch of whiners....awww, you know i love you all!

-Wild
:D Oy ! For the horde !!! (http://www.britishbattles.com/waterloo/images/ponsonbys-charge.jpg)

macewan
July 17th, 2005, 07:01 PM
ouch
:-#

kvidell
July 17th, 2005, 07:07 PM
I got bit by my Grandma's dog once.
There were four marks.
Two of them were roughly 1.5cm above my right eye, and the other two were 2cm below it.

That almost sucked _really_ bad.

Yours looks like it actually ended up sucking worse than mine did though :-\
Glad you're alright otherwise.

Shoes: I like velcro shoes. I don't wear them personally... I wear a pair of black chucks (http://www.martyshoes.com/store/media/con-s049622-9160men500.jpg) for casual around-the-town stuff (or if I'm wearing khakis or slacks. Dress shoes?), and a pair of Timberland Pro Steel-Toed (http://tbl.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pTBL-1388069dt.jpg) for work or when I'm wearing my "big" pants. (Raver style, y0 :-P)
- Kev

kvidell
July 17th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Oh, and I wear size 14 Chucks and 12 Boot.

primeirocrime
July 17th, 2005, 09:16 PM
man, I am amazed how that all went well with everyone. A friend of mine got bit by a pitbull and now it's police and civil actions all arround. [well the owners of the pitt were a bit on the violent side of life]

hope you get well soon.

WildTangent
July 17th, 2005, 10:37 PM
theyve effectively banned pitbulls in my town. all existing animals must be spayed or neutered, wear muzzles in public, leashed, or tied up at all times when outdoors. and all pitbulls in animal shelters were ordered to be put down (unless someone adopted them before the deadline)

-Wild

kvidell
July 17th, 2005, 11:37 PM
theyve effectively banned pitbulls in my town. all existing animals must be spayed or neutered, wear muzzles in public, leashed, or tied up at all times when outdoors. and all pitbulls in animal shelters were ordered to be put down (unless someone adopted them before the deadline)

-Wild
That's insane.
My sister had one, it was a total sweetie. Loved people, played with the neighbour's children just fine. Never had a single problem with him.

I'm still of the opinion that it has a lot to do with how their brought up and the dog's bloodline.
If they're inbred (like a lot of American Staffeshire Terriors (AKA PitBull)) are now, then yea, the poor thing's going to be screwed in the head.

I may just have this opinion because I'm a large-dog person. All of _my_ dogs have been large-breed Female Black+Rust Dobermans.
*shrugs*

Too bad you can't just weed out the inbred ones.

Well.. then I'd try to do it to humans too and that wouldn't go over well ;)
- Kev

WildTangent
July 18th, 2005, 01:19 AM
That's insane.
My sister had one, it was a total sweetie. Loved people, played with the neighbour's children just fine. Never had a single problem with him.

I'm still of the opinion that it has a lot to do with how their brought up and the dog's bloodline.
If they're inbred (like a lot of American Staffeshire Terriors (AKA PitBull)) are now, then yea, the poor thing's going to be screwed in the head.

I may just have this opinion because I'm a large-dog person. All of _my_ dogs have been large-breed Female Black+Rust Dobermans.
*shrugs*

Too bad you can't just weed out the inbred ones.
- Kev
i disagreed with it as well, even submitted a letter to the local newspaper, but unfortunately, there were more people for it, than against it.

-Wild

madddonkey255
March 28th, 2006, 01:57 AM

It's actually not the inbreeding that does it. Pitbulls have been bred to fight, not as much now but they've still got the genes. Pitbulls are actually less likely to be dangerous to people than huskies but it all goes with human interactions. It's sad but many people get a pitbull to make them look tough so they reinforce it with roughness and gives it a spiked collar. Pitbulls are some of the nicest dogs if only they are raised well.

fuscia
March 28th, 2006, 07:20 AM
isn't wearing velcro shoes like owning a mac?

Buffalo Soldier
March 28th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Hope you get well soon. I've never been biten by a dog and pray I never will.

mcduck
March 28th, 2006, 12:07 PM
I've never been bitten by a dog. Only angry rabbit.. I was quite surprised but luckily it was nothing like the one in Monty Python's Holy Grail :rolleyes:

And my shoes are size 46.. oh, I suppose you are talking about US sizes :D That would be 12 I guess..

bored2k
March 28th, 2006, 12:50 PM
Technically, I've been bitten once. My rottweiler had his head stuck in some bars, and when I tried to --force his way out of it, it was choking him, so out of reflex he bit me in one finger. Thank God he could barely reach, so he just left a small, almost invisible ~0.8-inch mark. What's funny is that from the day after he bit me 'til now, the dog's been friendler than ever with me. Heck, a few days later, he'd go crazy while licking me hand. Probably he was being an smart-*** and was trying to make peace ;).