PDA

View Full Version : How Long Is Your Play-List?

lepz
July 8th, 2007, 10:40 AM
So, if you listened to all your music on your pc how long would it take you? This is just music you have on your hd ;)

At the moment mine is 2 weeks 6 days :)

orange2k
July 8th, 2007, 10:43 AM
So, if you listened to all your music on your pc how long would it take you? This is just music you have on your hd ;)

At the moment mine is 2 weeks 6 days :)

I have just one DVD full with mp3s on my HD so I`d say something like 2 1/2 days...
But I have shoutcast radio, that goes like forever, or until they ban internet radio like they did in the US...:guitar:

bonzodog
July 8th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Well, I loaded all the single tracks into audacious and it came to 27 hours.

But, I have about twenty albums ripped onto the HD as well, sorted by artist, so It could be more than a few days.

All in all, I have 1374 items totalling 7.4 GB in my /Music dir.

The largest home music collection I have yet come across was about 5 years ago, a friend of mine had some Rackmounted HDD's in a RAID setup on Linux, totalling 1 TB. All MP3's.

He was about to setup another rackmount system in RAID, another TB for movies.

gvoima
July 8th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Current rhythmbox library says 8days, 21 hours and 17 minutes. :)

lepz
July 8th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Well, I loaded all the single tracks into audacious and it came to 27 hours.

But, I have about twenty albums ripped onto the HD as well, sorted by artist, so It could be more than a few days.

All in all, I have 1374 items totalling 7.4 GB in my /Music dir.

The largest home music collection I have yet come across was about 5 years ago, a friend of mine had some Rackmounted HDD's in a RAID setup on Linux, totalling 1 TB. All MP3's.

He was about to setup another rackmount system in RAID, another TB for movies.

That's another good thing about Amorak, you can see straight away number of albums/tracks and how long. :)

Fenryr
July 8th, 2007, 11:00 AM
I have 15.6GB just on my HD...No idea what it comes to in days, they're all MP3 format....I'd say at least 2 weeks at 24/7...If I limit it to the time I'm actually AWAKE, probably more than a month...

maniacmusician
July 8th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Right now, it's:

48.2GB, 8,431 tracks which comes out to 3 weeks, and 3 days.

But I have another 15GB of music that I haven't put in my collection yet because it's not properly tagged. So it would probably come out to at least 4 weeks, probably closer to 5.

-Rick-
July 8th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Totalling I have about 100GB mp3's on my disk and a few DVD's. According to JuK it's 48 days and 13:44:18 hours. Most of them are DJ radio mixes (almost every ASOT :)).

Arathorn
July 8th, 2007, 03:02 PM
17743 tracks, 123,5 GB, 7,1 weeks. ;)
Yeah I'm a music junk.:p

Medieval_Creations
July 8th, 2007, 03:08 PM
42823 Tracks @ 17 Weeks, 5 Days.
Roughly 230GBs stong.

Robert Shvern
July 8th, 2007, 11:41 PM
It's not really about how much time the music takes up, but how good the music is. :guitar:

Earthwormzim
July 9th, 2007, 04:53 AM
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g217/Earthworm_Zim/Playlist_Length.jpg
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Just so no one would think I'm pulling this number out of my ***, I took the screen shot in front of the previous poster's post. Hence, you see a little bit of Robert Shvern's post in the picture.

\m/

alphoenix
July 9th, 2007, 04:59 AM
19223 Tracks
1841 Artists
2155 Albums
93 Genres
8 weeks 1 day Play-time
:guitar:

maniacmusician
July 9th, 2007, 05:12 AM
Totalling I have about 100GB mp3's on my disk and a few DVD's. According to JuK it's 48 days and 13:44:18 hours. Most of them are DJ radio mixes (almost every ASOT :)).

17743 tracks, 123,5 GB, 7,1 weeks. ;)
Yeah I'm a music junk.:p

42823 Tracks @ 17 Weeks, 5 Days.
Roughly 230GBs stong.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g217/Earthworm_Zim/Playlist_Length.jpg
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Just so no one would think I'm pulling this number out of my ***, I took the screen shot in front of the previous poster's post. Hence, you see a little bit of Robert Shvern's post in the picture.

\m/

19223 Tracks
1841 Artists
2155 Albums
93 Genres
8 weeks 1 day Play-time
:guitar:

Since you all have plenty of music, how do you back it up? I haven't backed up mine yet, and I know if I lost it, I would kill someone...I just don't know a good solution other than an external hard drive, and those can get expensive...

~LoKe
July 9th, 2007, 05:15 AM
1844 songs, 5 days, 21 hours and 34 minutes
I don't know of any more bands to listen to?

jusmurph
July 9th, 2007, 05:26 AM
Less than an hour shy of 22 Days.

ceelo
July 9th, 2007, 05:51 AM
Amarok says 1 week ... 2576 tracks. About 12GB.

BoneSaw
July 9th, 2007, 05:56 AM
somewhere around 70gb and growing constantly.

i dont want to try and throw it all into my playlist.

how many of you own all your music? i sure as hell dont. :D

FoolsGold_MKII
July 9th, 2007, 06:00 AM
Long enough.

About 450 songs, about 3 GB. Any more is what's known as hoarding, and I can almost guarantee you the people with thousands of songs probably wear out the 'Next' button on their players. :)

maddog39
July 9th, 2007, 06:06 AM
My library is pathetically small at the moment but im working on it. And ALL of it is in Ogg Vorbis, because im leet unlike u nooby mp3 users. :P I got all my music on my second hard drive running XFS (ext3 is really yesterdays technology btw ;) ).

BoneSaw
July 9th, 2007, 06:30 AM
Long enough.

About 450 songs, about 3 GB. Any more is what's known as hoarding, and I can almost guarantee you the people with thousands of songs probably wear out the 'Next' button on their players. :)

ive got somewhere around 12-15000 songs and most of it is stuff that i really like. not all stuff that i want to listen to all the time, but it all gets played.

Fenryr
July 9th, 2007, 06:40 AM
Since you all have plenty of music, how do you back it up? I haven't backed up mine yet, and I know if I lost it, I would kill someone...I just don't know a good solution other than an external hard drive, and those can get expensive...

Rreasonable question...In most cases, I still own the original media the music was purchased on, though translating some of my older stuff from vinyl was a bit tricky...My entire media drive, which also contains about 60 CD's worth of my photographs, is duplicated twice, both on extra hard drives remounted in USB cases with individual power supplies...This has the advantage of making my entire music collection portable (it takes up less space than a pack of smokes), and it gives me an offline archive incase of system failure...

Arathorn
July 9th, 2007, 08:21 AM
My parents have an external hard drive in their safe and as long as they don't fill it up (they won't soon), I backup my collection on it every once in a while. In the Netherlands you can buy a 500 GB external drive for 160 euro. It's not a waterproof solution (I don't check the external drive until I'm going to backup again, so if my hard disc dies I might find out the external one died as well, but that's not very likely).

Mongoose.wa
July 9th, 2007, 08:42 AM
My iTunes library (haven't switched to Ubuntu 100% yet) contains 4189 songs, lasting 11.6 days.

happy-and-lost
July 9th, 2007, 10:02 AM
2264 songs, 6 days 2 hours 12 minutes, 10.8GB. All but about 20 of those songs are by British indie artists. I'm hardcore :guitar:

neoaddict
July 9th, 2007, 06:57 PM
640 songs, 1 day 16 hours 54 minutes.

Roughly 3.2 GB. D:

Medieval_Creations
July 9th, 2007, 09:46 PM

I really don't actively back it up... but I do have a 300GB external HD that is shelved and only gets dusted off when I have to restore the whole collection. I probably should back it up on a more regular basis, but since I haven't added to or really done anything to it lately I haven't really needed to.

ltk5
July 9th, 2007, 09:49 PM
I actually don't have that many songs. Just a few CDs I backed up, and some DJ mixes, that I found on psynews.

christhemonkey
July 9th, 2007, 09:53 PM
21 days 8 Hours and 31 Minutes.
33.6 GB of music, 6321 different songs.

About 1/3 of it is shite that i never listen to though!!

Its (mostly) backed up on my portable music player, which isnt really a backup...

Earthwormzim
July 9th, 2007, 09:56 PM
As far as back-up is concerned...I have two 200 GB hds...one for Windows, and one for Ubuntu. My music collection is about 110 GB, and I keep a copy of it on both hds...which totals to 220 GB. Of course, the post earlier, did not have any repeats in it. AS far as bitrate is concerned...all of it is 128 kbps mp3. Yeah...I know...I'm not as hardcore as you FLAC and OGG people.