PDA

View Full Version : New Wiki Maintainer!

ChuckFrain
July 7th, 2007, 04:02 PM
As you may have noticed Josh Rhoderick (Iokua) has been doing some wonderful things with the Wiki (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MarylandTeam)! He has stepped up to fill the void as the person to expand on the design and maintain the content of the wiki.

While all are free to continue to contribute, please coordinate with Josh on design elements. If you need to contact him he can be reached here in the forum or at his email address of rhoderickj _at_ gmail com

Iokua
July 8th, 2007, 03:07 AM
Thanks Chuck. Just a quick correction on the e-mail address. It's actually rhoderickj _at_ gmail com. You're not the first to put the j at the beginning. jrhoderick is actually my brother, so if you accidentally send mail to that address, no worries.

Secondly, I'd like to invite everyone to sign the members list. I would like to eventually create a map that shows the location of our members throughout the state, so please remember to include your location in your listing. The members list can be found here (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MarylandTeam/Members#MembersList).

-- Josh

phr0ze
July 11th, 2007, 04:20 AM
I added my self to the Wiki Member list. However I do not see how you were able to get your Wiki Names to appear as links. Please PM me to tell me what I did wrong.

rhoderickj
July 11th, 2007, 02:48 PM
I added my self to the Wiki Member list. However I do not see how you were able to get your Wiki Names to appear as links. Please PM me to tell me what I did wrong.

It'll only autolink the name if it appears to be a WikiName. Your name doesn't conform to the standard name, which is in CamelCase. So, to link your name, you'll have to add the link manually. In your case, you'd make it:

[:Phr0ze]

...which will link to: wiki.ubuntu.com/Phr0ze

phr0ze
July 13th, 2007, 03:03 PM
I thought CamelCase means the first letter of each word is capitalized and spaces removed. I have one word and the first letter is capitalized and I have no spaces. Ohh well. Thanks for the link tip.

rhoderickj
July 13th, 2007, 04:09 PM
I thought CamelCase means the first letter of each word is capitalized and spaces removed. I have one word and the first letter is capitalized and I have no spaces. Ohh well. Thanks for the link tip.

You're right. I wasn't saying that your name was in CamelCase, I was saying that WikiNames are in CamelCase and because your name isn't, it won't autolink it.