PDA

View Full Version : Flock .9 available :D

Adamant1988
July 7th, 2007, 08:43 AM
http://www.flock.com

http://www.flock.com/beta/ <<< changes.

I'm typing this post from it and I'm very happy with it. It's based on Firefox 2.0 with some major UI changes and a pretty interesting suite of Web 2.0 tools. Although I am extremely disappointed by the lack of support for Facebook, Myspace, Pownce, Twitter, Jaiku, Digg, and other common web 2.0 sites.

mrgnash
July 7th, 2007, 08:53 AM
I road-tested this one a little bit, but found it fairly prone to crashing. Of course that's to be expected with a beta, and some of the new features look very promising.

Adamant1988
July 7th, 2007, 08:55 AM
I'm using the Windows version with no major crashes or any problems. Although I am somewhat confused by the "My World" thing as it doesn't seem to be functioning properly for me.. may need a re-installation or something.

mrgnash
July 7th, 2007, 09:47 AM
I'm using the Windows version with no major crashes or any problems. Although I am somewhat confused by the "My World" thing as it doesn't seem to be functioning properly for me.. may need a re-installation or something.

Ah.. Windows. Yeah, I've got it running via the binary executable method, which never seems to work as well as a deb.

The My World thing works for me though, oddly enough.

RAV TUX
July 7th, 2007, 05:40 PM
I am surprised that this project is still alive, I thought it crashed and burned a while ago.

Flock is still very, very buggy...it should probably still be beta it is so unstable.

Quillz
July 7th, 2007, 05:59 PM
I am surprised that this project is still alive, I thought it crashed and burned a while ago.

Flock is still very, very buggy...it should probably still be beta it is so unstable.
I'm quite sure a version number below 1.0 would indicate it's still a beta.

Flock is alright, but it has little use for people without a Photobucket account, at least that's how I see it.

FuturePilot
July 7th, 2007, 09:11 PM
I use Flock all the time to upload pics to my Photobucket account. It makes it super easy.:D

Adamant1988
July 8th, 2007, 03:06 AM
Ah.. Windows. Yeah, I've got it running via the binary executable method, which never seems to work as well as a deb.

The My World thing works for me though, oddly enough.

Well the first thing I did was clear out the crap-links from the folders and I think I may have deleted the folder that it uses.