PDA

View Full Version : Which Games Console you have? And tell your experience

ukripper
July 6th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Looks like Xbox360 is having a hard time and being battered badly by wii. Although I own a xbox360 considering myself lucky now that it didn't break on me as yet.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6275728.stm

Please vote which Games console you currently have and tell your experiences.

I use Xbox360 and PC Gaming machine.

ukripper
July 6th, 2007, 10:37 PM
bump

BigSilly
July 6th, 2007, 11:20 PM
Regretfully, I'm still playing on my original Xbox. It's not exactly been very reliable, much like the 360. I've not had it long either, and it was brand new when I bought it. Recurring problems with the disc drive have ruined it for me somewhat. I've managed to fix it up a bit, but it's on borrowed time I feel now. :( Still, it's the first and last MS console I'll ever buy. In spite of Microsoft's offer in the news today, I think the 360 is a rushed, buggy mess. And the same goes for it's games. I don't believe in patches. Release it when it's finished. Respect the customer. It's a Wii for me next time, if I bother at all.

I find myself less interested in modern games though these days anyway. I'd rather play my old retro faves on Ubuntu, like Zsnes and Gens etc. In fact, I'm after a ZX Spectrum emulator, and I'd like to try an Amiga emu too. I never had an Amiga. So if you can recommend one....

%hMa@?b<C
July 6th, 2007, 11:26 PM
I had an xbox, it died. I then bought and modchipped a gamecube, which I couldn't be happier with. I am looking to get a wii to do the same with.
ps. The xbox had the horrid Thompson drive, which sadly died just out of warrantee.

the_darkside_986
July 7th, 2007, 12:08 AM
I have an Xbox but I hate trying to play Morrowind on it because it always crashes randomly. Same problem with True Crime: New York City (brand-new copy). It can't read burnt disks either which is stupid. I'll never buy an Xbox 360 because the hard-drive isn't standard and constantly reading from a DVD will scratch it up and is highly inefficient. Also I am not excited by the possibility of system failure and having to send it for repair even if it is cost-free to ship and repair.

I don't really want a PS3 either since there is no access to the graphics card when running Linux on it, making it slower than a PC from the last decade. I refuse to pay over $400 USD for anything that does not allow complete unrestricted running unsigned code. (Virtualized OS does not count as real unsigned code.) I need something to play GTA4 on, though. The Wii will never have GTA4. Even if it did it would have to have to be as graphically pleasing as GTA3.

maagimies
July 7th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Actually the only game console I currently have is a Nintendo 64.
And Perfect Dark on it is just awesome ;)
Too bad the controller's had that design flaw with the analog stick, all of mine wobble horribly now, and you really have to push them for it to notice.

treblesix
July 7th, 2007, 12:16 AM
I have a number of consoles.

Playstation
Playstation 2

Gamecube
Gameboy Advance

Amiga CDTV
Amiga CD32

Dreamcast

I am interested in buying a PS3 when Final Fantasy XIII and Metal Gear are released.

I am not interested in any console that Microsoft release (i know DreamCast has a version of CE on it, btw, you can tell, it crashes a lot!), I have had to work with M$ all my working life.

I am now migrating as much of my work life (mainly programming) to Ubuntu.

The Dreamcast is a wonderful console (Skies Of Arcadia and Ready To Rumble 2 anyone?)
Superstardust/ Speedball II CD32 are still stunning also, together with some of the best pinball games ever, in the elk of Pinball Illusions.

EDIT -------------

Why is Atari listed ?? For the Linx ? I'm sure more people had a Amiga CD32 than any Atari Console. Unless u mean the jobbie that plugged into the TV and played numerous versions of pong

67GTA
July 7th, 2007, 12:30 AM
Colleco Vision(doesn't work anymore)
ATARI 2600
NES
SUPER NES
N64
GAMECUBE
PS1
PS2
Waiting for the PS3 price to go down.

starcraft.man
July 7th, 2007, 12:49 AM
PS2 would be my favourite. Easily I think the best platform made to date, I somehow doubt the 360 or ps3 or Wii will ever capture its sales or mass appeal.

As for all my consoles in order of getting : NES, SuperNES, N64, Gamecube (it got so cheap I had to buy one for the zelda games, only thing I still like from Nintendo) PS1, PS2, PSP, and eventually another.

As for the one I'm likely to buy in next generation, it seems an easy pick for me... PS3. It may not have all the games (I don't like FPS like gears and Halo anyway, I got a PC for shooters) but it's solid and has MGS and FF, enough to pass plenty of my time, everything else a welcome bonus.

Oh and I wish you (other gamers) luck with buying a 360 its become a crap shoot as to how long they last, especially considering from all sources I've seen the rate of failure is 30-35% (http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=7892), I don't buy a console to have it fail on me. Microsoft has only further confirmed its that bad by eating more than a billion in repair and extending the warranty to 3 years. (http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a_tqD4xB7xcg) Seems to me MS didn't think too much about their cooling solutions...

ceelo
July 7th, 2007, 12:51 AM
Xbox
PS2
GameCube
PSP

I've bought exactly 1 game between the 4 of them over the last 2 years... :?

Digitallysick
July 7th, 2007, 12:52 AM
I had a nintendo wii, got a wii key modchip, that made it alot more fun, but really, most of the games involve alot of hand /wirst work, and i just got tired of it. So i sold it off, it wasnt that great. I got an xbox 360 which i mod't the firmware on, but now im banned from xbox live, (which i didnt really care for much) i use it now to just connect to my hd-dvd drive, as far as games i havent played any of them in single player mode. I really just don't care to do so.

best game system = nes /super nes

Warpnow
July 7th, 2007, 01:25 AM
wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

I love my wii. Its awesome.

Also have:
Atari 5200
NES
SNES
SEGA
SEGA GENESIS
NINTENDO GB
NINTENDO GBA
NINTENDO VIRTUAL BOY
SEGA GAMEGEAR
SEGA NOMAD

67GTA
July 7th, 2007, 02:03 AM
PS2 would be my favourite. Easily I think the best platform made to date, I somehow doubt the 360 or ps3 or Wii will ever capture its sales or mass appeal.

As for all my consoles in order of getting : NES, SuperNES, N64, Gamecube (it got so cheap I had to buy one for the zelda games, only thing I still like from Nintendo) PS1, PS2, PSP, and eventually another.

As for the one I'm likely to buy in next generation, it seems an easy pick for me... PS3. It may not have all the games (I don't like FPS like gears and Halo anyway, I got a PC for shooters) but it's solid and has MGS and FF, enough to pass plenty of my time, everything else a welcome bonus.

Oh and I wish you (other gamers) luck with buying a 360 its become a crap shoot as to how long they last, especially considering from all sources I've seen the rate of failure is 30-35% (http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=7892), I don't buy a console to have it fail on me. Microsoft has only further confirmed its that bad by eating more than a billion in repair and extending the warranty to 3 years. (http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a_tqD4xB7xcg) Seems to me MS didn't think too much about their cooling solutions...

Zelda is the best game of all time. That is the only reason I kept buying Nintendo consoles. After they came out with the Majora's Mask pile of crap, where it was timed(wtf), I said never again. Dark Cloud on PS2 filled the gap:D

diesel1
July 7th, 2007, 02:15 AM
Regretfully, I'm still playing on my original Xbox. It's not exactly been very reliable, much like the 360. I've not had it long either, and it was brand new when I bought it. Recurring problems with the disc drive have ruined it for me somewhat. I've managed to fix it up a bit, but it's on borrowed time I feel now. :( Still, it's the first and last MS console I'll ever buy. In spite of Microsoft's offer in the news today, I think the 360 is a rushed, buggy mess. And the same goes for it's games. I don't believe in patches. Release it when it's finished. Respect the customer. It's a Wii for me next time, if I bother at all.

I find myself less interested in modern games though these days anyway. I'd rather play my old retro faves on Ubuntu, like Zsnes and Gens etc. In fact, I'm after a ZX Spectrum emulator, and I'd like to try an Amiga emu too. I never had an Amiga. So if you can recommend one....

Hi BigSilly, I modded my XboX with a 200gb drive and XBMC, it is great for every multimedia need, I watch *all* media formats and stream from SMB network shares(over wireless with DWL G+ 2000AP).
These formats include .rar .iso .g3p .any format I can think of! I can drop a video.ts folder in there and use it as a real dvd.
There are scripts for Youtube, CNN, BBC and many more multimedia resources.
It also doubles as an arcade machine with Mame and a few ROMS.
I can also play XboX games as well.
When I bought the Xbox at GAME(a UK shop) the guy wanted to register me for XboX Live etc. so I told him that he was wasting his time as I was 'about to rip it apart and stick this in it!', showing him the hd I had just purchased.

My first mod was hard wiring a joystick(d9 socket) to my Sinclair 48K MK2 ZX Spectrum keyboard chip, it is still functioning to this day, making Jetpack and Knightlore a dream to play......Wow I think I love Ultimate! I still have some A2 promotional posters of Ultimate games.

My neighbour has a 360, it is nice but he really wants me to get his XboX(with XBMC already modded) working over wireless network to his laptop. The games are ok but no more enthralling than XboX games.

Also have Nintendo64 and Gamecube.

Diesel1.

%hMa@?b<C
July 7th, 2007, 03:05 AM
Zelda is the best game of all time. That is the only reason I kept buying Nintendo consoles. After they came out with the Majora's Mask pile of crap, where it was timed(wtf), I said never again. Dark Cloud on PS2 filled the gap:D

obviously you did not get into majora's mask. I enjoyed the game a lot, although it was not nearly the immersive experience that OoT was. TP was decent, but it was too unfinished. THey could/should have added a lot more side/main quests. WW on the other hand was great. OoT will remain #1 in my eyes though ALttP was a close second.

starcraft.man
July 7th, 2007, 04:11 AM

Ya, Zelda is a great series. I remember a Link to the Past, that was an awesome game too. Under appreciated. I'm not getting the Wii though, I tried and didn't like the controller at all (especially the nunchuk)... and I'm not buying a system again for one game. Besides, I think the Zelda series might be getting a bit overdone... I mean I've played them all since the NES up to Wii and I think I'm tired of it.

dizee
July 7th, 2007, 04:20 AM
I have a PS2, not that big into gaming though. Basically just play Pro Evolution Soccer and GTA games on it.

The Sega Mega Drive (/Genesis) was my first console, but it was stolen when my house was broken into a good few years ago. Discovered emulators fairly recently and it's amazing how much fun the old games like Sonic and Streets of Rage still are. None of your fancy graphics, just proper gameplay and playability.

bigboy_pdb
July 7th, 2007, 04:27 AM
I'm surprised that a number of systems weren't listed on here (yet Atari was). That doesn't make too much sense.

The systems/computers that my family got when they were new are:
Atari
Commadore 64
Pentium I, II, and III PC computers
Playstation
Playstation 2
SNES
Nintendo 64
Gamecube
Wii
Gameboy Color
Gameboy Advance
Nintendo DS

Later we got the following systems (from people who didn't want them anymore):
Nintendo
Atari Lynx
Gameboy (original)
Sega Genisis

For the most part I don't play games anymore (although I did buy a controller for my computer to use for playing SNES ROMs when I'm feeling nostalgic).

The best games that I played were usually on the SNES (The Legend of Zelda, Super Metroid, Mario World, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy III (US) [VI in Japan], Killer Instinct, Donkey Kong Country, Super Castlevania, Shadowrun and a number of other games that I'm probably forgetting to mention). I find that a lot of the Playstation games have a similar feeling and I got bored of it quickly, except for Tenchu (it makes good use of all the buttons on the controller). I also liked Shadow of the Colossus (for PS2) because of its unique style.

Of the game companies I know of, I like Nintendo the most. It's an innovative company. The Wii has a number of party style games (which I'm not interested in), but you can play gamecube games on it and people who want older games can purchase them. The controller is well designed, and the system appeals to a wide age range. We've had parties where people from children up to young adults were playing it. At one party the adults who were 40+ watched us playing and I coaxed my uncle who was a bowler to play the bowling game in Wii sports. His son won the first game and gloated about it, but after that my uncle got the hang of the controller and he beat everyone (and at that point his son said he didn't want a Wii anymore). My other uncle who usually says almost nothing and sits on the couch watching television tried the baseball game and ended up shouting phrases like, "I see now! So you're a southpaw, eh?", for every pitch and he figured out the baseball game pretty quickly. In the end, most of the adults who were 40+ kicked us out of the room so they could play for the rest of the evening. On the con side, I think the game selection could be better, some games could be better designed for the controller (like Red Steel), and for some Wii games you'd prefer to use a controller similar to the Playstation or Gamecube controller.

67GTA
July 7th, 2007, 04:28 AM
obviously you did not get into majora's mask. I enjoyed the game a lot, although it was not nearly the immersive experience that OoT was. TP was decent, but it was too unfinished. THey could/should have added a lot more side/main quests. WW on the other hand was great. OoT will remain #1 in my eyes though ALttP was a close second.

I just didn't get it. The whole point of Zelda games was to explore and discover stuff. There was never a time limit.That really turned me off. Did I miss the point of the game? From what little I played it, you had to do everything within time limits. There was no time to play around and explore.

ThinkBuntu
July 7th, 2007, 04:30 AM
Absolutely love my Sega Genesis and have mny games for it. I also have a PS2 which collects dust in the back of my apartment.

pluviosity
July 7th, 2007, 04:30 AM
I only have a PS2, but my college suitemates have (collectively) an Xbox, Xbox 360, Nintendo64, GameCube, and Wii. The 360 easily has the best graphics of them, but the Wii is best :) I've always been more into games like Zelda than first-person shooters, and the Wii has better party games (great for dorm life).

bigboy_pdb
July 7th, 2007, 04:33 AM
I forgot to mention some of the great Commadore games like "Techno Cop", "Defender of the Crown", and "Impossible Mission"

Spr0k3t
July 7th, 2007, 05:13 AM
I still have working versions of the following (somewhere in my house at least):

Pong (yes, the original)
Colecovision
Atari 2600
Atari 5200
Atari Jaguar
Sega (original)
SegaCD module
Sega MegaDrive
Sega DreamCast
3DO
CD32
Nintendo (original)
Nintendo SuperFamiCom (the disk drive system)
Super Nintendo
Nintendo DS
Neo Geo ($5 working, found at garage sale)
PS1 (modded)
PS2 (modded)
PSP (hacked flash rom)

Yet to acquire: PS3, PS4, PS5 ... PS#

I really don't care much for the Wii. Nintendo seems to change their format for every console they release which is a big let down for me. My reasoning for going the route of the PS3 is the hundreds of games I have for PS1 & PS2 I've acquired. Also, my favorite saga can only be found on the playstation.

There is no way I would ever consider purchasing an XBox even if it was for only $5. I won't pay any Microsoft tax or support a system released by Microsoft.

One of the first jobs I had was operating an import games store called Solution Card International. We purchased games and systems from abroad and sold them locally in the states. Even had a magazine I helped edit and this was before the "Nintendo Power" magazine. This allowed me to get in on the gaming industry at a very early level.

steven8
July 7th, 2007, 05:22 AM
PS1
N64
Gamecube
Wii
DS Lite x 2
DS x 2
Gameboy Color x 1

Simple, I like Nintendo best, because it has more games that are good for my sons,
and I don't want an X-Box because it is an MS product.

wolfen69
July 7th, 2007, 05:27 AM
how come the PSP wasnt a choice in the poll? maybe that's why alot of people voted "other".

roachk71
July 7th, 2007, 05:31 AM
A Nintendo GameCube, which I'm (mostly) pleased with. I sometimes wish I'd had it modded.

I still have only three game discs for this console. Two I bought a few years ago, and one last year.

EDIT: I'd forgotten to mention I still have a SEGA Master System with nearly two dozen games, but no controllers...

steven8
July 7th, 2007, 05:33 AM
how come the PSP wasnt a choice in the poll? maybe that's why alot of people voted "other".

There is a maximum of ten choices allowed in polls.

Ralob
July 7th, 2007, 05:45 AM
PC
PS1
PS2
Xbox
Xbox 360
Dcreamcast (Skies of Arcadia, Shenmue, RE: Code Veronica, and NFL 2k were incredible)

Favorite? Xbox because of XBMC which I use everyday. I think XBMC is one of the best programs ever assembled by mankind, it is fantastic.

Second favorite is (was?) my PS2 (which is woefully broke). Why is it my second favorite? Because of the awesome RPG's on it in the forms of FInal Fantasy and Suikoden.

I am waiting in eager anticipation for Mass Effect, Bioshock, Blue Dragon, and GTA 4 for 360. A good year lies ahead for gaming fans.

EDIT: oh, and can't forget the faithful NES and Gameboy/Gameboy Color. Or Genesis and N64. Goldeneye provided countless hours of fun filled mayhem.

Tiekyl
July 7th, 2007, 06:33 AM
PS1
PS2
Xbox 360
N64
Gameboys..
Snes

I'm quite a big fan of the xbox personally. I really like how they seemed to prioritize what really mattered for the system. The ps3 was all about how shiny it was, and the wii, while fun, is really good for group settings mainly. (Other than GC games...) The xbox just..plays games, lots of demos, good graphics.

The carrythrough was horrible though, the hardware is constantly failing and it makes me cringe. I've been through 2 xboxs already. (Microsoft seems to get hte right idea at first, then fail in the followthrough...)

slimdog360
July 7th, 2007, 06:43 AM
I've got a ps3, ps2 and a wii. Of course I never play the ps2 anymore but it had its day. I feel as though the wii is only really a good thing for when friends come over because thats when its the most fun. The ps3 is great for single player stuff and playing music though. The single player games for the wii arn't all that great (except for zelda of course).

ukripper
July 7th, 2007, 07:28 AM

Handheld devices included in others. Being mutliple choice poll you can select 'other' if choice is not given.

Kingsley
July 7th, 2007, 07:32 AM
I have an Xbox and a Gameboy Advance SP. I don't regret getting either as they still entertain me. I even play Tetris on my Gameboy almost every night so I can get sleepy.

daschmidty
July 7th, 2007, 08:26 AM
Nintendo Wii
Nintendo Gamecube
Nintendo 64
Super Nintendo
Nintendo Entertainment System
Nintendo Gameboy
Nintendo Gameboy Advance/SP
Nintendo DS
Sega Master System
Atari 2600
Atari 7800
NEC Turbografx 16
GCE Vectrex

...yeah...I like games

Xzallion
July 7th, 2007, 09:05 AM
I own the following systems, and if I have multiple systems I have the number of each system in parenthesis after the name.

Atari 2600 (2) - They both still work fine.
Nintendo Entertainment System [Front Loaders] (14) - Most of these died from over use. The cartridge slot is the main cause, though a few had the power or A/V plugs busted.
Nintendo Entertainment System [Top Loader] - It still works and is a massive improvement to the frontloader model.
Super Nintendo Entertainment System (3) - It is everthing the top loader NES was, with better hardware. Takes a beating and keeps ticking. The power and A/V cords mess up before anything else.
Nintendo 64 - Another sturdy Nintendo console. Joysticks wore out with heavy use though.
Game Cube - Very sturdy, will take a beating and keep ticking.
GameBoy - The original Gameboy, that could take one heck of a beating and keep working.
GameBoy Pocket
Gameboy color
Gameboy Advance (2) - The screen cracks a lot easier then previous models, and lacks a backlight. Avoid this one and get an Advance SP.
Sega Genesis - Sega's SNES equivalent. An awesome system.
Sega 32X - rarely used, so I can't honestly say.
Sega Dreamcast - A wonderful system, if you don't have one go get one and check out the homebrew and emulation scene on it.
Sony Playstation (2) - The disk drives fail eventually.
Sony Playstation 2 (2) - disk drives fail eventually, disc tray locks, etc.
Microsoft XBox - It gets some errors on disks.
PC - Not built for gaming, but works well enough for most games like Call of Duty. Depends on your hardware and technical expertise.

Thats my thoughts on the systems I have.

ukripper
July 7th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Looks like PS3 is not being used much according to the poll but i am suprised on Xbox360 having very low votes

MedivhX
July 7th, 2007, 09:40 AM
I have a Sega Mega Drive 2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Mega_Drive) - an ultimate gaming console! Yea ppl, Super Mario has never tasted so good! Sonic the Hedgehog is excellent, too :D BTW it has some amazing graphics! Hahahahaha...

And now to be sincere, I don't have any console at all, mostly because I think that computers are better :D

P.S. You USA people can get a free Xbox 360 from M$ by playing a game called Chicktionary on Live Search Club (http://club.live.com), but it will be much easier wit some help of Annagrammer (http://www.anagrammer.com/).

Spr0k3t
July 7th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Looks like PS3 is not being used much according to the poll but i am suprised on Xbox360 having very low votes

You're surprised? There are quite a few Linux users out there who use Linux just so they can get away from Microsoft. Granted there are some who don't mind either way.

BigSilly
July 7th, 2007, 09:52 AM

That makes me sad. :( To me, Majora's Mask is one of the most unique and enjoyable gaming experiences there's ever been. It took me a bit to get my head around the time-travel aspect of it, granted. But once I had, I felt the characters and their stories really came to life. I think it really stands out there as a Zelda title, and it's proof to me that classic games series need not follow the same formula with each new release.

It's a classic and a personal fave of mine anyway.

ukripper
July 7th, 2007, 09:54 AM
You're surprised? There are quite a few Linux users out there who use Linux just so they can get away from Microsoft. Granted there are some who don't mind either way.

Wel i have nothing against microsoft but I personally don;t like windows. MS has only one thing good which is Xboxs but some people just get carried away with hatred they overlook good things.

Rutabega
July 7th, 2007, 10:09 AM
I no longer have any consoles, but I used to have the following at various times-

Megadrive
N64
Gamecube
Gameboy/Colour/Advance
PS2
Dreamcast
PC

My last real interest in console video gaming was between 2000-2003 with the Dreamcast. My last console acquisition was in 2005 when I imported a JPN PS2.But that only lasted a few weeks because my Grandfather was terminally ill and I guess It started to influence a lot of things at that time and I started to evaluate quite a lot of my own life. So then I decided to sell the remaining consoles and games that I still had- Megadrive (40 games, collected since I was six years old) , Dreamcast and (30 games) , Gamboy Advance (10 games), Gamecube (4 games) and the PS2 (10 games) all went on e-bay.

Spr0k3t
July 7th, 2007, 10:28 AM
I was expecting that. Anyway, back on topic. I didn't select PS3 as I don't have one yet.

BigSilly
July 7th, 2007, 10:39 AM
My last real interest in console video gaming was between 2000-2003 with the Dreamcast. My last console acquisition was in 2005 when I imported a JPN PS2.But that only lasted a few weeks because my Grandfather was terminally ill and I guess It started to influence a lot of things at that time and I started to evaluate quite a lot of my own life. So then I decided to sell the remaining consoles and games that I still had- Megadrive (40 games, collected since I was six years old) , Dreamcast and (30 games) , Gamboy Advance (10 games), Gamecube (4 games) and the PS2 (10 games) all went on e-bay.

Sorry for your loss.

I can relate to your personal dilemma, though I didn't suffer the same loss as yourself. I myself had a huge collection similar to yours. I was a massive Nintendo buff, but went through a period a few years ago, where I just began to question my need for it. I had a Megadrive with about 20 games, a Dreamcast with about 60. Everything else was Nintendo. NES with 30 games, SNES with 52, N64 with 54 games.....I even had a Virtual Boy imported with 3 titles. All boxed originals.

At some point in the middle of all that mess, I must have had an awakening! I decided one day to stick it all on eBay, and haven't looked back. I've still got some bits left that I've not had time to sell yet, but it's pretty much all gone now. I bought an Xbox which is my main system, but it won't be long before that's sold off too.

Gaming's a funny thing these days. I still enjoy it, but I don't like the direction it's going in at all. There's a serious online focus with gaming now, and it's very very demanding of your life. I can't help the feeling that it's becoming a religion now, rather than a pass time. I don't really want to be a part of that, so I don't think I'll be pursuing it beyond this ol' Xbox.

Rutabega
July 7th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Sorry for your loss.

I can relate to your personal dilemma, though I didn't suffer the same loss as yourself. I myself had a huge collection similar to yours. I was a massive Nintendo buff, but went through a period a few years ago, where I just began to question my need for it. I had a Megadrive with about 20 games, a Dreamcast with about 60. Everything else was Nintendo. NES with 30 games, SNES with 52, N64 with 54 games.....I even had a Virtual Boy imported with 3 titles. All boxed originals.

At some point in the middle of all that mess, I must have had an awakening! I decided one day to stick it all on eBay, and haven't looked back. I've still got some bits left that I've not had time to sell yet, but it's pretty much all gone now. I bought an Xbox which is my main system, but it won't be long before that's sold off too.

Gaming's a funny thing these days. I still enjoy it, but I don't like the direction it's going in at all. There's a serious online focus with gaming now, and it's very very demanding of your life. I can't help the feeling that it's becoming a religion now, rather than a pass time. I don't really want to be a part of that, so I don't think I'll be pursuing it beyond this ol' Xbox.

Thank you,BigSilly.

In terms of gaming these days: I'm not that interested in the games on both the consoles or the PC, apart from a few PC Indie/Freeware titles. Although I do like the direction Nintendo's Bit Generation series for the Game Boy Advance,particularly Dot Stream which is sort of an Amalgamation of Excitebike and Tron. And also Dialahex- An absorbing little hexagon puzzle game. These games look very Atari-esque in graphical aesthetics.Simple but deeply engrossing.

CronoDekar
July 7th, 2007, 02:58 PM
The consoles and handhelds that I own that are in some form of working operation:

Super Nintendo
Nintendo 64
Gamecube
Playstation 2
XBox
Game Boy Advance SP
Nintendo DS
Sony PSP

Overall, I'd have to say my all-time fave would be the SNES. It would be the PS2, but it's starting to wear down, and isn't able to play many discs made since 2003 (I would say that dual-layer discs are the problem, but I've tried some later single-layer discs and they have problems too). One thing I always have to say about Nintendo: they seem to know how to make their products durable.

XBox I don't play very often -- besides Stubbs the Zombie there's really no exclusive XBox titles I'm really into (I was kinda into KOTOR for awhile, but that got boring). The DS has to be my favorite portable, especially since it also plays GBA games. The PSP... I just can't really get into, except for playing homebrew emulators (which IS really cool). Though I don't hardly play handheld games, either way.

Regarding Majora's Mask: I only just this year played it, and overall it's a pretty cool game, but it would've been a lot better exploring dungeons without the "time rewind" gimmick.

cobrn1
July 7th, 2007, 03:17 PM
I have:

PS2;
Gamecube.

I did have a PSOne but sold it, and I will probably be getting/building a gaming pc soon. Once I get that I'll just be using that and I'll leave the PS2 and GC to siblings...

The PS2, IMO, rocks. It has basically everything. The graphics are top notch, only slightly bested but Xbox and GC, and the number and variety of game is exceptional. The GC is a bit of an oddball - technically it's really great, and I really like Resi4 on it, but there weren't enough games so it barely gets used (i actually got it from a freind who didn't want it any more, and he bought it second hand, so...)

The only problem with the PS2 is when it goes wrong... The laser can become dirty and the laser alignment can sometimes need adjusting. When this happens the console is the spawn of satan! I managed to fix my own and wasted an hour trying to fix a friends, but his just refused to work consistanly anymore... but given that they last 3-5 years without opening them up, and you can extend the lifespan by another few years if you're prepared to muck about inside, then it's really good...

I'd really like a PS3 but I don'thave enough money and would prefer to buy a gaming pc instead - pc are just far better (and if you build a good one you can go for many years without upgrading). I'd love to play MGS4 when it comes out, but alas... they need to drop the price considerably - sony really dropped the ball with the PS3, and their focus on including blu-ray, while based on past experiences and alterior motives (pushing their format) was ultimately a poor decision. The Xbox360 way is far better - if you need a HD player then you can get one, if not then save your money for games.

As for the 360, i'm not really that interested - I haven't seen anything that i've really admired on it - a gaming pc is better, and less likely to break.

The Wii is interesting, but I think I'd get bored of it quite quickly. I say this because the motion is a bit of a novelty, so it makes you see past the flaws at first, but when the novelty wares off and the games aren't as mature (ie, crap/ poor graphics) i'd start to get very bored very quickly. As a secondary console its quite cool tho (maybe why it's selling so well?)

So, overall the next gen's been real succesful, no? ;-)

forrestcupp
July 7th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Intellivision
V-Smile

super breadfish
July 7th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Nintendo DS
Xbox 360
PS2
Gamecube
Dreamcast
N64

I have more, but those are the only ones in regular/semi-regular use now (or were, the Dreamcast needs repairs).

I wonder if I made a mistake with the 360. I've not really enjoyed the games, apart from Elder Scrolls Oblivion which I've racked up something ridiculous like 200 hours on now. Xbox Live is kinda crap to be honest, most of the players are either irritating kids or over-competitive jerks, I didn't renew after the year I paid for, and I've got bored of shooters. Kill, die, respawn. Repeat until the next version.
I'd have probably been better of with a Wii, but judging by the hardware shortage I probably wouldn't have got one anyway.

Nintendo DS is a great little system though. Currently playing through Pokemon Pearl. Yeah, say what you will about it being for kids, but I'm old enough to have kids of my own and I still love those games :p Can't wait for Zelda either.

BigSilly
July 7th, 2007, 06:04 PM
There's not enough software variety on the Xbox 360, and that, as well as it being a MS product, puts me off just as much as the mechanical problems. Everything is either a WWII shooter or variant, or a realistic racer. I'm not saying that there should be more kiddie games on there (though I would like to see the Bandicoot ;)) but there's nothing pushing the boundaries of gaming. There's plenty pushing the boundaries of online play, and amazing graphics, but the games themselves are too samey. I can't bring myself to wander anymore goddamn corridors with guns in games, I really can't.

Stew2
July 7th, 2007, 06:18 PM
I've got way too many consoles. Currently hooked up I have a SNES, N64, Wii, PS1, and an Xbox. My son also plays his DS a lot, but I guess that is not really a console. Also have a PC that I built for Doom 3 and Half Life 2 when they came out... although I guess it is getting a little dated now :D. Most used console would probably be the Xbox. I think it's because we have the most games for it... around 45 I think. Our old Xbox has been a real trooper, it must have about a million hours on it (son is an avid gamer). Fans are noisy and you have to help the DVD tray back in with a gentle push but it still works and has never let us down. I thought my son would like the Wii better but we only have a few games for it so far so I think he gets bored of it :D.

mips
July 7th, 2007, 06:46 PM
In fact, I'm after a ZX Spectrum emulator, and I'd like to try an Amiga emu too. I never had an Amiga. So if you can recommend one....

For amiga look at EUAE and for speccy at FUSE.

Here is a very good link for emulation in linux:
http://linuxemu.retrofaction.com/links.php

%hMa@?b<C
July 7th, 2007, 06:47 PM
I've got way too many consoles. Currently hooked up I have a SNES, N64, Wii, PS1, and an Xbox. My son also plays his DS a lot, but I guess that is not really a console. Also have a PC that I built for Doom 3 and Half Life 2 when they came out... although I guess it is getting a little dated now :D. Most used console would probably be the Xbox. I think it's because we have the most games for it... around 45 I think. Our old Xbox has been a real trooper, it must have about a million hours on it (son is an avid gamer). Fans are noisy and you have to help the DVD tray back in with a gentle push but it still works and has never let us down. I thought my son would like the Wii better but we only have a few games for it so far so I think he gets bored of it :D.

mod your wii. that always is fun (my gamecube is overly modded with a custom case and leds and a modchip)

BigSilly
July 7th, 2007, 07:29 PM
For amiga look at EUAE and for speccy at FUSE.

Here is a very good link for emulation in linux:
http://linuxemu.retrofaction.com/links.php

Ah, that's brilliant, thanks! :)

I'll have a look at those. Is it illegal to ask for links to sites where I can download the games from? They're well past the age and legal to use aren't they?

mips
July 7th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Is it illegal to ask for links to sites where I can download the games from? They're well past the age and legal to use aren't they?

Yes it is. Some games however have been put in the public domain and are legal to download and link to I suppose.

PM me with a email adress or something and I will get back to you.

ukripper
July 7th, 2007, 09:27 PM
There's not enough software variety on the Xbox 360, and that, as well as it being a MS product, puts me off just as much as the mechanical problems. Everything is either a WWII shooter or variant, or a realistic racer. I'm not saying that there should be more kiddie games on there (though I would like to see the Bandicoot ;)) but there's nothing pushing the boundaries of gaming. There's plenty pushing the boundaries of online play, and amazing graphics, but the games themselves are too samey. I can't bring myself to wander anymore goddamn corridors with guns in games, I really can't.

Although i have XBOX360 but I would still prefer to have Wii which is really different type of entertainment and it is fun if some of your family is visiting you or friends getting together fun playing sports games. unfortunately, Wiis are still out of stock here in uk have to do some advance booking.

suterb42
July 7th, 2007, 09:30 PM
I own a PS2 and an Atari 2600. I have a crapload of NES games and a few controllers, but my console went belly-up years ago. I also have an Apple IIc, if that counts for anything.

ukripper
July 7th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Looks like PS2 is still ruling the Poll PCs are getting there though.

Trisa
July 7th, 2007, 11:46 PM
I own the following gaming consoles:
Nintendo 64
Sega Dreamcast
Wii
Game Boy micro

Wii is getting the most playtime right now due to my family wanting to play Wii Sports often. They don't normally play video games, so it's cool that I'm not the only family member playing games. I'm currently almost done with Twilight Princess and Super Paper Mario, and will start playing Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition after that.

The Game Boy micro is a great hand-held system that came out a little too late (around the time when the DS was first released). I'm surprised at how small this system is compared to the DS and PSP. Truly a portable system in my opinion. When I'm not using Wii, I play games on my GBm. The Bit Generations series is my favorite series overall (Soundvoyager, Digidrive, and Dotstream are my favorites) with simple, yet fun games to play. My favorites also include Kururin Paradise, Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland, Megaman and Bass, Gunstar Super Heroes, and Final Fantasy VI Advance. I also use it as an MP3 and movie player thanks to the PLAY-YAN micro.

ukripper
July 8th, 2007, 11:43 AM
bump

ukripper
July 10th, 2007, 09:19 PM
bump

ukripper
July 11th, 2007, 01:54 PM
Forced to do that, need more votes to make me decide to get a new console.

drakos
July 11th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Actually the only game console I currently have is a Nintendo 64.
And Perfect Dark on it is just awesome ;)
Too bad the controller's had that design flaw with the analog stick, all of mine wobble horribly now, and you really have to push them for it to notice.
I love Perfect Dark, and by association you. Forever.

kprowell
July 11th, 2007, 06:36 PM
I have an XBOX360....or at least I did.....I mean I do but it broke for the 3rd time!!!! Damn 3 red lights error! At least they are going to pay for it to be fixed.....ehr.....exchanged. The performance is awesome but it doesn't last more than 4 months before breaking. If only I could get my $$$ back. I mean, can you imagine any other company screwing up that badly and still manage to be in business (aside from all the Windows issues). Sad.

justin whitaker
July 11th, 2007, 06:40 PM
I have an XBOX360....or at least I did.....I mean I do but it broke for the 3rd time!!!! Damn 3 red lights error! At least they are going to pay for it to be fixed.....ehr.....exchanged. The performance is awesome but it doesn't last more than 4 months before breaking. If only I could get my $$$ back. I mean, can you imagine any other company screwing up that badly and still manage to be in business (aside from all the Windows issues). Sad.

Well, at least they extended the warranty for 3 years on that.

I picked up and Elite this weekend, and got the Best Buy plan too. There is no way I'm going to miss out on BioShock. :)

argie
July 11th, 2007, 07:32 PM
I have a couple of those generic Nintendo clones lying around gathering dust somewhere. But that's about it.

ukripper
July 11th, 2007, 07:59 PM
looks like i would be going for PS2 and also it is cheap compared to my xbox360.

ukripper
July 13th, 2007, 11:21 PM
bump

Stew2
July 14th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Speaking of new consoles :D. I know there are a lot of people here who don't like Xbox's because they are made by Microsoft, but I just heard that they are releasing a special edition Halo 3 Xbox 360 console (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360halo3console/default.htm). That is just too sweet :D. I'm a huge Halo fan so I might have to try and get one when they come out although my wife thinks I'm nuts! Funny though, It doesn't come with Halo 3 :confused:

ukripper
July 14th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Speaking of new consoles :D. I know there are a lot of people here who don't like Xbox's because they are made by Microsoft, but I just heard that they are releasing a special edition Halo 3 Xbox 360 console (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360halo3console/default.htm). That is just too sweet :D. I'm a huge Halo fan so I might have to try and get one when they come out although my wife thinks I'm nuts! Funny though, It doesn't come with Halo 3 :confused:

No doubt HALO flagship is just cool. I have played HALO and Halo2 on Xbox was fun. Lets see how much I have to pay for just Halo3 DVD as I have already got 360

djsroknrol
July 14th, 2007, 08:46 PM
I have a PS2, a SNES, and a sega Genesis, which I love playing Klax, Lotus and Micheal Jackson's "Moonwalker" on to this day....Lately, I've been on a "Burnout" craze as well as trying to whip "24 the game"...

ukripper
July 14th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Sony really seems to be losing out console war still no plans to drop prices for Europe, differences is just double the price in UK comparing to US. Airline ticket seems to be cheap nowadays I rather go there and buy ps3 and come back still would be paying lower price for ps3 - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6896261.stm

Sony should do themselves favour and concentrate on market rather being egoistic giant.

solracarevir
July 19th, 2007, 09:18 PM
I used to own
Nes
Snes
Game boy
Game boy color
Game Boy advance
N64
Dreamcast
Gamecube

I used to be a PS hater until the Ps3 when my Game cube died (very reliable machine, it was my sister fault) I decided to go with the Ps3 (Just a week ago) and I can't be happier than this! the Ps3 is still with first gen games and they are starting to look as good and sometimes better than the 360 games even though the xbox was released a year earlier. just wait for the 2nd gen of Ps3 games and you will see! Sometimes I ask to myself: how can this be possible?? everyone says the 360 is more powerful and is easier to develop vs the ps3.....

ukripper
July 20th, 2007, 08:12 PM
I used to own
Nes
Snes
Game boy
Game boy color
Game Boy advance
N64
Dreamcast
Gamecube

I used to be a PS hater until the Ps3 when my Game cube died (very reliable machine, it was my sister fault) I decided to go with the Ps3 (Just a week ago) and I can't be happier than this! the Ps3 is still with first gen games and they are starting to look as good and sometimes better than the 360 games even though the xbox was released a year earlier. just wait for the 2nd gen of Ps3 games and you will see! Sometimes I ask to myself: how can this be possible?? everyone says the 360 is more powerful and is easier to develop vs the ps3.....

PS3 is rip off if you buy it in uk.

VoiceOvGod
July 20th, 2007, 10:40 PM
I got PS1 and 2, Xbox, and PSP

I still have my old 8-bit nintendo, though.

When I shop for systems, I shop based on the types of games they offer, hence why the Wii doesn't tickle my fancy.

Xbox 360 only has my attention for Halo 3 and Quake 4.

Ps3 has Final Fantasy XIII and Metal Gear Solid 4.

Regardless, I can wait for a while until their prices come down.

Writh
July 20th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Got a PS2, a GameCube, a DS and a Wii. Bought in that order.
A Nintendo fan since the Cube.

Compucore
July 21st, 2007, 12:58 AM
I bought my friend Xbox over here. Its been reliable for me so far. No cpomplaints on it. Bought it used for a game or two that I wanted to get. It was for the tron collection that I am slowly populating for myself. :D Still trying to get the game for it. No luckin fnding it at the local EBGames shop near where I live.

Compucore

animeboi252
July 21st, 2007, 01:00 AM
ugh so...................pretty much everyone still has a ps2 how bout psp cfw anyone:KS

solracarevir
July 22nd, 2007, 12:47 PM
The only complain by know about my Ps3 was the price, for everything else Im very happy! a great buy:guitar:

slimdog360
July 22nd, 2007, 12:54 PM
The only complaint by now about my Ps3 was the price

for me it was oblivion. I dont like the game.

Sandwich
July 22nd, 2007, 01:05 PM
I have a 360.....they do break a bit though...I'm on my 4th.

Wipboy
July 22nd, 2007, 01:32 PM
I inherited a 360 by chance through a family member. I would never personally buy it. $400 is steep for me to spend on something just for gaming. As a former PC gamer (battlefield2/2142) it just doesn't make sense to me, with the advancemnet of the 8 series video cards. I will mostly likely use it as a media streamer with 360 connect more than gaming.

hizaguchi
July 22nd, 2007, 11:36 PM
I've got a Wii. Most of my friends have Xbox 360s. About once every couple of months an absurdly awesome game comes out for the 360 and I wish I had one to play it on. Then I remember that I only have a chance to play a couple hours a week, and for that short timespan I have alot more fun swinging my Wiimote around with a fairly simple game than I would just barely getting into a really awesome 360 game and then not being able to finish it for months.

If I had hours and hours a week to play, I'd want an Xbox 360. But since I've only got an hour or two here and there, I have alot more fun with games like Excite Truck. :)

DeadSuperHero
July 23rd, 2007, 09:40 AM
I have:
-Playstation
-Playstation 2
-Playstation 3
-PSP

What can I say, I've always been a loyal Sony consumer. And Sony supports Linux to some extent. Plus, you can install Linux on the PS3! Blu ray, incredible graphics, a good upcoming lineup of games, what more could you want?

RedNikon
July 23rd, 2007, 10:29 AM
Consoles:
Sony PS3
Nintendo GC
MS X-Box

I have had a Sony PS since the orginal PS came out in 1995. I played the heck ot FF7, RE, RE2, and many other games. I even upgraded to the PS2 and finally to the PS3. I haven't had any problems with it yet, and I have had since it first came out, I paid $599 for it though now they at $499. :'( However it is worth it, it plays all of the PS2 and almost all of the PS1 games (I have found one it doesn't yet.) I love the wireless controler, Blu-Ray, and the mayrid of other featrues.

Nintendo GC, I am still waiting for the Wii to come out with a game I will enjoy. Though I know I will purchace one as soon as I see one for sale at my local store. As far as my experiance with Nintendo I have been with them since the orginal NES. I do enjoy the GC but not as much as the PS2 or even the PS3.

MS X-Box I bought to see how it is, and it is nice it has some of my favorite games on it. Fable, Shenmue II, Jade Empire, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Syberia. Just to name a few. Though PS still holds the rank as RPG King, which is my favorite genre. I will not be upgrading to the Xbox 360 due mainly to the fact that I would rather back Sony than Microsoft even if Microsoft has exclusive games that are better than the PS's ones.

Anyway that's my two cents.

lenaubry
July 23rd, 2007, 10:41 AM
My old modded Xbox is still going strong. XBMC gets used every day. great for watching films, viewing photo's and playing audio straight off the PC. wouldnt be without it now

Saner
July 23rd, 2007, 10:41 AM
I have

360 / Wii / Xbox / PS2 / PS1 / Dreamcast and my PC

Only one that gets used for games regually is the Wii its fantastic!

Dead_$partan
July 24th, 2007, 04:52 PM
I have had

ATARI PC(cant remember the official name)
AMSTRAD CPC-464
NES
SNES
GAME BOY
N64
PLAYSTATION
XBOX

Have always preferred the nintendos tbh, made the exception with the XBOX though(leaving the GC) but will be able to make up for that when I get my wii, I have no interest in the 360 or pS3, just the same systems but more u[dated, the wii is something completley different.

ukripper
July 25th, 2007, 03:19 PM
My old modded Xbox is still going strong. XBMC gets used every day. great for watching films, viewing photo's and playing audio straight off the PC. wouldnt be without it now

I agree old Xboxs are fairly good built than the new ones as my brother has one which is still running strong since 2003 not a single change till now..

marco123
July 25th, 2007, 03:58 PM
I've got a few, my main one is the XBox360 though. Haven't used it that much (only bought it for ES IV Oblivion last march) but its been fine, none of the overheating/other issues that they are supposed to have. I've only got 2 games for it - Es IV and Saints Row - can't wait for GTA IV though.

happy-and-lost
July 25th, 2007, 04:35 PM
I own...

Sega Mega Drive
Super NES
Game Boy
Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advance
PlayStation 1
GameCube
Nintendo DS
PC suitable for gaming

And I nave to say that my absolute favourite is the GameCube. It's never let me down, doesn't slow down when I play Super Smash Bros on silly settings with silly numbers of sprites and has survived many a trip down several flights of stairs.

DS rocks, but the touchscreen is a bit too easily scratched.

Depressed Man
July 25th, 2007, 05:16 PM
I own the..

NES
SNES
N64
GCN
Wii
PS1
PS2

(those are the consoles)

Then I have a gaming PC as well. Never saw a point in owning an XBOX since at the time, most games for it that I liked came from the PC or were on PC as well. And I'm starting to drop PC gaming now (getting expensive to keep up with hardware) and I rather put my money into something else.. like a road trip!

And I got handhelds..lots of them yep. I definantly like Nintendo the best though. Throughout the ages, it's been their games that have entertained me the most and continue to do so. I may get bored of Halo 2 after a few rounds with friends. But I never bore of Super Smash Brothers or Mario Kart with them.

animeboi252
July 26th, 2007, 06:13 AM
I inherited a 360 by chance through a family member. I would never personally buy it. $400 is steep for me to spend on something just for gaming. As a former PC gamer (battlefield2/2142) it just doesn't make sense to me, with the advancemnet of the 8 series video cards. I will mostly likely use it as a media streamer with 360 connect more than gaming. so is that powerbook g4 good at games

izizzle
August 4th, 2007, 01:44 AM
PSP BABY! Music, videos, photos, games, movies, and internet on the go! Its basically a laptop!

xdarkxanarchyx
August 4th, 2007, 01:52 AM
Used to own:
-PSX
-PlayStation 2
-Gameboy
-Gameboy Color
-Sega Dreamcast
-NES

Currently own:
-Gameboy Advance SP
-NDSlite
-Sega Genesis
-Atari 5200
-Atari 2600
-Coleco Vision
-My computer obviously

Own in the near future:
-Wii or Gamecube
-PlayStation 3 depending on the DRM status of Blu-ray and such

Proudman
August 4th, 2007, 03:45 AM
The only real game console i ever had was a nintendo 8 bit. My other console (xbox) i only use for XBMC.

BigSilly
August 4th, 2007, 08:28 AM
Can't change my vote now, but I sold all my Xbox gear (I don't want any MS products in the house) and have plumped for a Nintendo Wii. I like all the games I've seen on it, and it suits my habits down to the ground. It had all the types of games that I like.

ukripper
August 4th, 2007, 10:52 AM
PSP BABY! Music, videos, photos, games, movies, and internet on the go! Its basically a laptop!

i also own PSP but only bad point is it has no touchscreen which DS has..I wish SOny can do somthing about it..

PSP hacks are the best though

I am planning to sell it soon.. games are not enjoyable on it anymore for me. I am planning to get either PS2 or Wii

little_penguin
August 4th, 2007, 12:14 PM
I have a Sony Playstation 2, really like it the choice of games is really good.

saxuntu
August 4th, 2007, 06:33 PM
I bought a PS3 and haven't looked back. I like the next gen HD graphics, the blu-ray, and internet on my tv. The only thing that pisses my off is they won't let a linux install have access to the GPU and Linux Blu-ray support. I understand the GPU so i only grumble, but the heck can't they just come out with a Linux Blu-ray player? Also i've heard its difficult to switch between the game OS and a Linux OS. But all the Linux frustration aside i am happy with it as a game and BR/DVD player and can't wait for the DVR upgrade.

DoktorSeven
August 4th, 2007, 06:40 PM
I have:

Sega Genesis/Sega CD/32x
Sega Saturn
Sega Dreamcast
Playstation 2
Nintendo GameCube
Nintendo Gameboy Advance (the first edition)
Linux PC

I'm a Sega fan and miss their consoles greatly. PS2, I really don't play much and would like to sell it. Gamecube as well, it's really growing old. GBA I have several cool games for it and will keep it around, though I refuse to get the newer "clamshell" GBA because the buttons feel cheap and it doesn't feel good in my hands, despite the advantage of having a light.

I haven't and won't get any new consoles, though. XBox has never had any games that really interested me enough to get the console, PS3 has... what? Not much, nothing that interests me anyway, and I can't stand the Wii controller.

Oh, and I game in Linux (emulation and native games). It's awesome. :)

ahaslam
August 4th, 2007, 07:12 PM
I had a PS2 which I bought solely for GTA3, moved onto the Xbox (which was the best console I've owned), then upgraded to the 360. I sold it within 6 months due to being unimpressed with stability flaws which MS refused to admit, though Google listed page after page of the same issue.

This was at the same time as building a new rig, so I put the money from the 360 into a BFG 7950GT 512 OC. I'd been playing Linux games for a few months but was left longing for more, so I started playing Windows games in Wine & Cedega. After much fustration with these applications, I bit the bullet & bought a new hard drive & installed XP on it.

For the first time since never before, I now dual boot. I'm not proud of it, but it's the only real solution for playing current games on your PC. I hope OpenGL3.0 brings more games our way (though that'll require a pricey hardware upgrade for many of us).

ukripper
August 6th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Wow, even Atari is ahead of PS3 in poll....

Dear Sony,

Please stick to PS2. You dissapointed us by playing sly on PS3 (reducing prices for US gamers but not for us) . I would never buy a PS3 even if you reduce it now.

Thank you.

Regards,
An european gamer

jamienos
August 6th, 2007, 09:23 AM
PS2 is what i own right now, doe's the job have had it for over a few year's now it broke recently but i cracked it open n fixed it (that is after reading half a dozen 'ps2 repair guides' and video's on youtube!)

Use to have an amiga years back ahh superfrog, james pond fun fun :)

I think we use to have a megadrive but i think a cart got stuck in it (sonic i think) and kept it for several year's then chucked it :(

aninaiian
August 6th, 2007, 09:54 AM
I guess I'll list them chronologically...

NES (still works! however, most of the games don't...)
SNES (never really used this machine)
Gameboy Color (got this to play Pokemon)
Psx (had two as my first one would freeze when playing newer games)
Ps2 ( again, had two as my first generation ps2's disc tray broke after my nephew accidentally dropped it. It was probably one of the only 1st gen ps2s which never had disk read errors... )
GameboyAdvanceSP (only really played FFTacticsAdvance)
DS (not really mine but I use it more often than the owner)
Wii (fun with friends but not so much by youself...)

BoyOfDestiny
August 6th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Nintendo Entertainment System
Super Nintendo Entertainment System (2) and a Super Famicom
PSone
PS2
Gamecube
GameGear
Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Pocket, GBA, GBA sp (darn it Nintendo!)
Nintendo DS

The SNES broke down, had to get another. Calling the repair line 12 years after the console debuted was fruitless... Super Famicom gift from a friend.

Anyway, I've made my peace with Nintendo, thanks to emulation. I feel less ripped off now since I get to play some games uncensored or fan translated (for the older systems anyway, my favorites hands down)