PDA

View Full Version : Novell becomes patron of KDE

Erunno
July 6th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Danny Kukawka just announced / realized via his blog that Novell has become the latest patron of the KDE projekt. Hopefully the other distributions which are heavily involved with KDE (like Mandriva) will join the program too in the future.

Pprops to Novell and SuSE for supporting KDE through all these years (although Novell had to be "persuaded" to continue their KDE involvement after they aquired SuSE ;-)).

Jucato
July 6th, 2007, 01:26 PM
(although Novell had to be "persuaded" to continue their KDE involvement after they aquired SuSE)

Not really sure, but I think you had it wrong... It was after they acquired Ximian that Novell's KDE involvement was cast into doubt. SuSE, iirc, had always been KDE. It was after they were acquired by Novell that it started to change. Of course, I might have gotten some of my facts wrong.

Oh btw, while Kubuntu itself doesn't have the money to become a KDE patron, Mark Shuttleworth was the first KDE Patron to sign up, and the (first) only individual person to become a patron. I guess that counts towards Kubuntu a bit. :D