PDA

View Full Version : Tea Drinkers - What Kind of Tea Do You Drink?

illu45
July 6th, 2007, 02:37 AM
Seeing as there's a coffee (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=492897) thread, I thought I'd start one for the tea-drinking Ubuntu users. So, for those of you who drink tea, do you prefer loose or bagged tea, and what kinds and brands do you drink? With cream and sugar, or without?

Personally, I usually drink black Earl Grey tea. I prefer loose (Whittard of Chelsea is my current favourite) but since loose tea is usually expensive, I normally stick to bagged Earl Grey from Ahmad Tea Company. No sugar or cream for me.

jkblacker
July 6th, 2007, 02:42 AM
Good old English Breakfast. Though I think it's just Tesco bog-standard. Milk, no sugar.

%hMa@?b<C
July 6th, 2007, 02:45 AM
Green, White, Herbal, and sometimes Chai. I enjoy them all.
I like celestial seasons white pear, but I am really a sucker for snapple Lime Green Tea. :)
I like my tea with no milk (unless its chai, then some skim milk) and loads of sugar!

thisllub
July 6th, 2007, 02:49 AM
Black no milk or sugar.

Twinings Orange Pekoe is good but Madura premium blend is my favourite. It is grown only 15 minutes from here too.

NeoLithium
July 6th, 2007, 02:51 AM
Black tea :)

Komrade Krunch
July 6th, 2007, 02:52 AM
I've always been a fan of Earl Grey.

%hMa@?b<C
July 6th, 2007, 02:52 AM
Black tea :)

bleagh... too bitter, green teas are much lighter.

bchaffin72
July 6th, 2007, 02:58 AM
Most often Black tea, but I will try anything, and enjoy most of them.

illu45
July 6th, 2007, 03:03 AM
...Madura premium blend is my favourite. It is grown only 15 minutes from here too.

Hm, will have to see if I can find it around here (Canada). From their website, it looks like its grown in Australia?

thisllub
July 6th, 2007, 03:27 AM
Confucius says;
"Green tea tastes like bongwater"

I am not arguing with such a wise man.

euler_fan
July 6th, 2007, 03:38 AM
I prefer English Breakfast strong and usually without any cream or sugar. But when I'm bored of that I prefer green the same way.

I'm with the OP about the price of loose tea . . . but do prefer it when I can get it. I'm really not that picky so long as it tastes pretty good :)

jackmc
July 6th, 2007, 04:23 AM
Gotta go green :)

If its coffee, its a macchiato/short black. No sugar.

Quillz
July 6th, 2007, 04:26 AM
I don't drink tea.

fuscia
July 6th, 2007, 04:33 AM
what's lipton?

pluviosity
July 6th, 2007, 05:20 AM
Mmmmmmmmm tea! I like lots of tea: black, green, iced, bubble. Deliciousness, much better than coffee :D

Alterax
July 6th, 2007, 05:30 AM
Lipton is a brand, popular in the southern part of the USA. Standard black/orange pekoe blend. Okay hot, but more suited for cold teas (much more popular than hot tea in this area).

I'm not big on iced tea myself; I prefer it hot. Loose if I can get it, bags or pods (small 1-cup bags for my machine at work) if they are more convenient.

As far as types go, in the mornings I like a good Irish breakfast blend. Two sugars, no milk. After that, it's either Earl Grey (sweet, slightly citrus and aromatic) or Lapsang Souchong (more of a smoky flavor). Same treatment with them: Sugar, no milk or lemon.

--Alterax

tcpip4lyfe
July 6th, 2007, 05:31 AM
I like a good loose white tea.

starcraft.man
July 6th, 2007, 05:31 AM
Herbal most of the time. Black the rest. Yay for all the tea drinkers :D.

Oh and when I need something cold, its of course Iced tea.

Atomic Dog
July 6th, 2007, 05:46 AM
Constant Comment is the only tea I really drink. Delicious!

kevinlyfellow
July 6th, 2007, 05:54 AM
Confucius says;
"Green tea tastes like bongwater"

I am not arguing with such a wise man.

Maybe your brewing it wrong. I hated green tea until I learned not to brew it like black tea. You need to make sure the water isn't too hot, otherwise it tastes terrible.

logos34
July 6th, 2007, 05:56 AM
Earl Grey for me too. There's nothing quite like it. (But isn't it really all about the oil of Bergamot aromatic flavoring?)

I like most all the Twinnings flavors and a lot of the herbal teas I've had, though not big on herbal. There's not really a flavor I don't like.

Bags are so much easier than loose.

Heaven for me is a simple cup of garden variety Orange Pekoe with a wedge of lemon and a little sugar. Perfection is simplicity they say...In the morning I fnd I like cream instead (and a bit sweeter).

One thing I've noticed: after more than a year of drinking tea almost exclusively my tolerance for coffee is really low--more than a cup worth of caffeine and my system just wigs out. But I just love the smell of it (bliss: freshly ground coffee beans and freshly baked bread!), so it's decaf for me when I opt for a cup of joe).

Evil Blu Jedi
July 6th, 2007, 06:01 AM
For hot tea, it's either Earl Grey with no sugar or milk, or Chai tea with a fair amount of sugar and some milk. If it's summer though, nothing beats a nice UNsweetened iced tea.

kevinlyfellow
July 6th, 2007, 06:03 AM
I buy Trader Joe's Assam Black Tea. What bothers me is that I can't get a good cup of tea whenever I go out to a restaurant. The water is always too cold and the tea is always Lipton (which I really don't care too much for).

logos34
July 6th, 2007, 06:12 AM
For hot tea, it's either Earl Grey with no sugar or milk...

...can't get a good cup of tea whenever I go out to a restaurant. The water is always too cold and the tea is always Lipton (which I really don't care too much for).

That reminds me: I NEVER put cream or milk in Earl Grey...it just drowns out the flavor. I even avoid lemon (who needs to add anything beside a sweetener?). Nothing like tea ruined by water not hot enough...it has to be boiling hot, then the tea needs to steep in it.

Related thought: I don't really care for iced tea EXCEPT after doing yard work or something really strenous on a hot day...I've found that there is nothign quite like iced tea to quench your thirst. Maybe because of bitterness/tanins, not sure...

kevinlyfellow
July 6th, 2007, 06:23 AM
That reminds me: I NEVER put cream or milk in Earl Grey...it just drowns out the flavor. I even avoid lemon (who needs to add anything beside a sweetener?). Nothing like tea ruined by water not hot enough...it has to be boiling hot, then the tea needs to steep in it.

Related thought: I don't really care for iced tea EXCEPT after doing yard work or something really strenous on a hot day...I've found that there is nothign quite like iced tea to quench your thirst. Maybe because of bitterness/tanins, not sure...

I definitely agree with your stance on Earl Grey, the Bergamot Oil should be center stage. I've found since I've moved to California, when I brew tea, if the water is too hot, it tastes terrible. But in New England, the hotter the better. I wonder if its the tea I'm buying (I've tried two different brands, TJ's Assam is was better) or if its something else.

Spr0k3t
July 6th, 2007, 06:30 AM
My favorite is Orange Pekoe... however, I like to cut it sometimes with a raspberry zinger. If I have a headache, I usually go for volarian, lemon, & honey.

kopinux
July 6th, 2007, 06:45 AM
i just get those cold bottle green tea in vending machines and convenient stores.
im addicted though

hardyn
July 6th, 2007, 06:54 AM
yerba mate'

loose tea, make it in a drip coffee maker with reusable filter, works really well.

Atomic Dog
July 6th, 2007, 07:18 AM
I definitely agree with your stance on Earl Grey, the Bergamot Oil should be center stage. I've found since I've moved to California, when I brew tea, if the water is too hot, it tastes terrible. But in New England, the hotter the better. I wonder if its the tea I'm buying (I've tried two different brands, TJ's Assam is was better) or if its something else.

It's the cruddy water. Boil some tap or even filtered water in a cup and it smells like toxic waste here in Phx. New England water (in general) is nice and soft, that probably makes the difference. I miss my 400' deep well back east with the cleanest, coldest water in town. I use bottled water now, it's my only option.

Chilli Bob
July 6th, 2007, 07:28 AM
Dilmah extra strength for me. A dash of milk, no sugar.

Sometimes commercial ice tea in summer.

thisllub
July 6th, 2007, 07:53 AM
Maybe your brewing it wrong. I hated green tea until I learned not to brew it like black tea. You need to make sure the water isn't too hot, otherwise it tastes terrible.

I brew one teaspoon of black tea in a 1.5l teapot. I can drink the whole pot before it gets cold and it never gets too strong. I drink it black.

I have some green tea maybe I should experiment.
I like Chinese Jasmin tea.

kevinlyfellow
July 6th, 2007, 07:56 AM
It's the cruddy water. Boil some tap or even filtered water in a cup and it smells like toxic waste here in Phx. New England water (in general) is nice and soft, that probably makes the difference. I miss my 400' deep well back east with the cleanest, coldest water in town. I use bottled water now, it's my only option.

That could be it, the filtered water tastes ok, but when I get the tea too hot, it does have a distinct aftertaste of toxic waste ;-). I am in the city now and boy do I miss well water! I'm used to a shallow well, about 40 feet deep. If you dig to deep in my hometown in Maine, you can get sulfurous water. I lived in Western Mass for 4 years (college) and the city's water (from a small reservoir in town) tasted and acted just fine after it was filtered. I think I may have to start buying Poland Spring for my tea and see if it gets better.

I think Southern California gets its water from the Colorado river, is that where Phoenix gets it's water to?

kevinlyfellow
July 6th, 2007, 08:04 AM
I brew one teaspoon of black tea in a 1.5l teapot. I can drink the whole pot before it gets cold and it never gets too strong. I drink it black.

I have some green tea maybe I should experiment.
I like Chinese Jasmin tea.

If you have a Trader Joe's around where you live, try their Jasmine Green Tea. It's beyond a doubt my favorite green tea. Jasmine makes green tea 5 times better

The best suggestion I have for green tea is to bring a pot of water to a boil and then for about 5 minutes let it sit at room temperature. Then add the green tea, if you pour the water into another vessel, don't pour it directly onto the tea. If your too hard on the tea, it can get very bitter. Make sure to cover it and brew it for 3-4 minutes.

babysteps
July 6th, 2007, 08:18 AM
I started drinking Gongfu style Taiwanese High Mountain tea at the tender age of 8, around the same time I started drinking coffee. Both without milk or sugar. Without added flavors, either.

I use loose leave tea within 2 years of manufacturing, though they never last that long at my place. My tea is usually made with a small Yixing purple-clay teapot, freshly filtered water freshly boiled, no ceremony, but lots of variables that makes tea drinking always interesting and enjoyable.

Drinking tea made with tea bags vs. great loose leave tea is like using Windows vs. using Ubuntu. With tea bags, you know the taste you'll get every time, and you know that when it's not so good you add milk and sugar to cover up. With a great batch of loose tea leaves from a reliable tea farm, it all depends on your skill and timing in tea making...but there is no limit how great the tea can taste. It's alive. It's gives back what you put in.

dustigroove
July 6th, 2007, 08:26 AM
Ten Ren Plum Tea
(http://www.tenren.com/plumtea.html)
Cheers

sw1995
July 6th, 2007, 08:29 AM
This is the only tea I need(:~0)

http://www.turnersdairy.com/PremiumIcedTea.htm

Iced tea in a carton pwns, ftw, lol, woot.

Motoxrdude
July 6th, 2007, 08:29 AM
I drink whatever is in the lounge at my work. it's usually just black tea; add some splenda. YUM.

steven8
July 6th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Earl Grey

Atomic Dog
July 6th, 2007, 08:56 AM
That could be it, the filtered water tastes ok, but when I get the tea too hot, it does have a distinct aftertaste of toxic waste ;-). I am in the city now and boy do I miss well water! I'm used to a shallow well, about 40 feet deep. If you dig to deep in my hometown in Maine, you can get sulfurous water. I lived in Western Mass for 4 years (college) and the city's water (from a small reservoir in town) tasted and acted just fine after it was filtered. I think I may have to start buying Poland Spring for my tea and see if it gets better.

I think Southern California gets its water from the Colorado river, is that where Phoenix gets it's water to?

Yep. Tastes like...well...crap actually. The home filters don't do justice. Use bottled water like fiji, or Poland Springs and it will taste better.

I have been to Kezar Falls(aka parsonsfield) and Monmoth, and up to Orono & Greene and parts in between. Nice state -very pretty, good down to earth people. Snowed in Greene in August -could have done without that. The best joke a Maineiac ever told me was: if you live in Maine you're either hunting, fu%&ing, or hunting for something to f@#k. Now that's funny stuff. I lived in Ma, and hated almost every moment of it.

But lets be serious, would you trade socal weather for maine? I'd have to be offered 2x my salary to even consider it.

Mongoose1337
July 6th, 2007, 09:08 AM
I just recently got into drinking tea and so far I've mainly been drinking black and green. Specifically Irish Breakfast and Rishi Jasmine.

smoker
July 6th, 2007, 09:31 AM
i don't often drink tea, but sometimes will have a cup of camomile in the evening if i can't sleep, with a spoonful of honey if i have any, excellent soporific:-)

kevinlyfellow
July 6th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Yep. Tastes like...well...crap actually. The home filters don't do justice. Use bottled water like fiji, or Poland Springs and it will taste better.

I have been to Kezar Falls(aka parsonsfield) and Monmoth, and up to Orono & Greene and parts in between. Nice state -very pretty, good down to earth people. Snowed in Greene in August -could have done without that. The best joke a Maineiac ever told me was: if you live in Maine you're either hunting, fu%&ing, or hunting for something to f@#k. Now that's funny stuff. I lived in Ma, and hated almost every moment of it.

But lets be serious, would you trade socal weather for maine? I'd have to be offered 2x my salary to even consider it.

I grew up in Turner, right next to Greene! I've only experienced snow once in the summer, and that was a while ago. I'm planning a trip back in August, maybe it will snow, since I missed out on it before I left Maine in January (ironically, it snowed in Texas and New Mexico on my road trip out here). And, yeah, Maine can be pretty boring. Its full of old people too because young people who have worthwhile careers tend to not be in Maine.

Actually, the weather is starting to drive me crazy... day in and day out its the same exact thing! Variety is the spice of life after all... Today was special though, I saw a few clouds in the sky, including a cumulonimbus! Yep, that's how boring the weather is around here... The weather in the winter and spring was nice though :-)

I actually really miss Mass, I had beautiful place in a small neighborhood in Amherst. It was near a bus stop, which was free, and would bring me downtown. I was also only a 5 minute walk to the local swimming hole and a stretch of nature trails that went on forever. Sure the winter was a bit inconvenient, but I miss the freedom of having so much space to move around in and I really miss the amount of green in the summer. I don't miss the humidity though!

stoodleysnow
July 6th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Tetley, with a sensible amount of milk and a spoon of sugar. Brewed in a proper teapot, using round bags. Brilliant.:-)

justifier
July 6th, 2007, 11:00 AM
IN the morning, when i need a wake up ;) (hangover cure etc) Christmas herbal tea, with two black pepercorns, spash of honey. Works miracles.

Normaly i jsut drink cheap tescos tea. But i perfer yourkshire tea.

stoodleysnow
July 6th, 2007, 11:09 AM
It would help if you could spell!
YORKSHIRE

diskotek
July 6th, 2007, 12:03 PM
black tea (turkish)
black tea (assam - china)
matte (argentina)

LaRoza
July 6th, 2007, 01:51 PM
I usually drink black tea, but often have green or white tea also.

forrestcupp
July 6th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Iced sweetened green tea. None of that raspberry, lemon, or other fruit garbage added.

forrestcupp
July 6th, 2007, 02:00 PM
It would help if you could spell!
YORKSHIRE
He must have one of those hangovers

illu45
July 6th, 2007, 02:02 PM
I buy Trader Joe's Assam Black Tea. What bothers me is that I can't get a good cup of tea whenever I go out to a restaurant. The water is always too cold and the tea is always Lipton (which I really don't care too much for).

I've never had cold water for tea in restaurants, but I don't often order tea, since around here, the water is usually kept boiling all day (or until they run out of water), which makes it taste awful.

Gus_T_Reer
July 6th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Bagged, pot brewed, white with sugar. Prefer Ringtons Extra Strong, used to have it delivered to the door but they stopped for some reason, probably because they had to make an evening delivery and it wasn't worth their while calling back. Currently drinking Punjani which I think is one of the fair trade teas. Could never stand Earl Grey, smells like dishwater to me. Sometimes drink black herbal/fruit teas. Darn! gonna have to make a pot now I've thought about it.

%hMa@?b<C
July 6th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Iced sweetened green tea. None of that raspberry, lemon, or other fruit garbage added.

squeeze a lime in next time, you will be surprised ;)

mrgnash
July 6th, 2007, 03:52 PM
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/7231/screenshotdx2.png

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8831/screenshot1eh0.png

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/5489/screenshot2pw8.png

regomodo
July 6th, 2007, 04:09 PM
White, Green, PG, Tetley, Green fruit flavoured. I don't drink normal "builder" tea without milk and i hate Typhoo. Tastes like ****

reclusivemonkey
July 6th, 2007, 04:35 PM
After lunch and dinner; Pure Peppermint tea (no milk/sugar). Helps keep off the indigestion. Pretty much any brand of tea at home (with milk, one sugar), as Yorkshire water makes it all taste great. I used to get Bourbon and Vanilla Clipper tea, but I don't seem to be able to find it any more.

For all the Earl Grey drinkers, try it with a splash of lime. As jeffc313 said, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

JC_510
July 6th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Traditional English Breakfast or Earl Grey.

Both with a small dash of milk, and a teaspoon of sugar :D

My experiences with Green/Herbal tea haven't been too good, although iced tea is good in the summer time :D

EDIT:

For all the Earl Grey drinkers, try it with a splash of lime. As jeffc313 said, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Ah, thanks for the tip, I've only ever tried lemon in tea before, which is pretty good. I'll be sure to give this a try :D

MedivhX
July 6th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Well I'm not such a tea lover, but when I drink it, it's usually camomile or mint tea.

%hMa@?b<C
July 6th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Well I'm not such a tea lover, but when I drink it, it's usually camomile or mint tea.

I used to love peppermint tea. two years ago when I was sick though I had like 4 cups in the span of an hour. I cant stand the taste now

mdsmedia
July 6th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Green, White, Herbal, and sometimes Chai. I enjoy them all.
I like celestial seasons white pear, but I am really a sucker for snapple Lime Green Tea. :)
I like my tea with no milk (unless its chai, then some skim milk) and loads of sugar!You like tea EXACTLY the way I don't :lolflag:

Black tea or English Breakfast, milk, not too strong but not too weak, no sugar.

OR, 5 sugars, but don't stir it because I don't like it sweet ;)

Rutabega
July 6th, 2007, 07:26 PM
So far I've been enjoying- Green tea, red Bush, English breakfast, White tea, earl grey, camomile, and spiced tea.

zanazzi
July 6th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Good old Tetly does it for me.

With 40ml of milk per 500ml of strongly infused teay hot water.

No suger :D

Al Fairclough
July 6th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Darjeeling, loose, blonde and sweet.

PryGuy
July 6th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Green here! And black sometimes... ;) It is Ahmad usually...
My dad likes Green tea with milk, in English way I guess.

macogw
July 6th, 2007, 10:57 PM
English Breakfast, black, Earl Grey, green, white, lemon, spiced black ("chai")...almost any tea except i dont like apple cinnamon.

macogw
July 6th, 2007, 10:58 PM

Why even put in sweetener? I drink Earl Grey totally plain. I don't put sugar in any tea except iced black tea, and then it's a LOT of sugar.

moffatt666
July 6th, 2007, 11:19 PM
Erm, where's the option for "Builders'"? :D

Tetley, milk, 2 sugars.

VoiceOvGod
July 12th, 2007, 01:41 PM
I prefer either English Breakfast, Early Grey, or black Chai.

And never any sugar.... I'm sweet enough as it is ;)

rax_m
July 12th, 2007, 03:17 PM
I drink lots of different types:
English breakfast
earl grey
green tea/ jasmine tea
And most often home-made indian-style chai.

red_Marvin
July 12th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Mostly it's lipton earl grey, I like the bergamott flavour, but the brand is just matter of availability.
Then sometimes, especially when I have a cold, I enjoy a cup of Rhoybus (sp?), it has an interesting flavour.

notwen
July 12th, 2007, 05:09 PM
+1 Long Island =]

jgrabham
July 12th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Tea, very small amnt of milk, three sugars, pip, pip tally ho what :]

Nekiruhs
July 12th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Piping hot green tea, with a few teaspoons of honey and a lemon wedge. Just wakes you right up in the morning. Its also great in the Winter and when you have a cold. Bagged tea it is for me, never got around to trying loose tea. Usually lipton, nothing fancy

aks44
July 12th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Green here, specifically Oolong. No sugar, no milk.

Sunforge
July 12th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Seeing as there's a coffee (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=492897) thread, I thought I'd start one for the tea-drinking Ubuntu users. So, for those of you who drink tea, do you prefer loose or bagged tea, and what kinds and brands do you drink? With cream and sugar, or without?

Personally, I usually drink black Earl Grey tea. I prefer loose (Whittard of Chelsea is my current favourite) but since loose tea is usually expensive, I normally stick to bagged Earl Grey from Ahmad Tea Company. No sugar or cream for me.

Har - I used to drink tea and then moved over to the dark side (I started the coffee thread).

I still drink tea occasionally on the weekends.

Good thread.

jgrabham
July 16th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Har - I used to drink tea and then moved over to the dark side (I started the coffee thread).

I still drink tea occasionally on the weekends.

Good thread.

Anyone with their location set as "EU", should be banned from drinking tea :]

JewelledDragon13
July 19th, 2007, 08:14 PM
I guess I'm in the minority. Caffeine gives me a headache, so I always stick to herbal. No milk or sugar: drowns out the subtlety of the taste, makes it too heavy. Plus plain herbal tea is the original guilt-free flavored beverage.

cheeki
July 19th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Tick Tock Original Rooibos brewed very strong with a dash of milk...mmm :)

rolnics
July 19th, 2007, 08:43 PM
can't start the day without a nice cuppa! mines white, 2 sugars. i have tried it without milk, it was drinkable, just! the other half drinking fruit teas at the moment, which seem to be ok

xpod
July 19th, 2007, 08:46 PM
What......no Tetley??

"Other" then.
Strong one in the morning before work,another at luchtime......then once i get home it`s every 30 minutes with my dear wife.

She makes loads of tea too:wink:

Laz0r
July 19th, 2007, 09:26 PM
I drink mostly "Earl Greyer" from The Republic of Tea. I don't take cream or sugar.

Aurora Borealis
July 20th, 2007, 04:47 AM
My favorite is Earl Grey. Black. I do tend to drink herbal more often even though I'm not terribly fond of it, for health reasons. In that case I do like Cranberry and Apple, and I'm particularly fond of Sugar Plum, which is seasonal (Christmastime) but I didn't see it on the shelves last year.

BOBSONATOR
July 20th, 2007, 05:29 AM
Im persian so i drink tea all the time, just Chai for me. Pronounced ch-a-eeeee

genbuntu
November 23rd, 2007, 06:35 AM
ah.. Sipping Good old 'English Breakfast Tea' with some Danish butter biscuits while basking in warm late afternoon sun is the U L T I M A T E pleasure for me. *slurrrp*
=P~

Tetley and Twinings : two of my favourite brands.

seshomaru samma
November 23rd, 2007, 06:50 AM
Wulong from Fujian province

Presto123
November 23rd, 2007, 07:05 AM
I voted other because I like several. Personal favorite is Earl Gray. And I only add sugar, no cream. I am American, so this cream business just doesn't work for my tastes.

Tops:

Bigelow or Harney & Sons Earl Gray
Rooibos (African Red Tea), Americans can find the plain tea by the brand Kalahari Reserve.
White tea with plum (Really good actually, very light though)
Plain Green tea ;) (If I must have tea on the road, then I buy Gold Peak. Their green tea tastes pretty fresh.)
Celestial Seasonings' Sleepy Time (Chamomile!)

Presto123
November 23rd, 2007, 07:10 AM
Tick Tock Original Rooibos brewed very strong with a dash of milk...mmm :)

Cool. Someone else who likes Rooibos. I think it's a close second for me. Love that smoky flavor.

Flying caveman
November 23rd, 2007, 07:16 AM
I'm having some Earl Grey right now, but I also like Red Chai, and I use the fruity Celestial Seasonings one in the Summer to make iced tea.

Presto123
November 23rd, 2007, 07:30 AM
I would suggest that anyone who doesn't mind spending a little bit more money and likes to experiment to try Tea Forte.

They have some really original flavors. Be forewarned though, their teas go for $11+ USD for 6 bags. Quite interesting, though. They have a Rooibos called African Solstice that's very floral if you like that kind of thing.

Caveman (Or anyone who likes Chai)...what's some good chai? I tried it once from a health food place, and quite frankly, it tasted like cigarette ashes or something along those lines.

Flying caveman
November 23rd, 2007, 07:51 AM
http://www.kalahariusa.com/store/product%7C699

Presto123
November 23rd, 2007, 07:52 AM
http://www.kalahariusa.com/store/product%7C699

Oh cool. Thanks for that! I know their rooibos is the best! I will have to try this.

popch
November 23rd, 2007, 11:48 AM
Black only, with sugar and milk.

Assam, preferrably single plantations. Also the Eastern Freesian blend. The wife likes Earl Grey very much.

m5ernel
November 23rd, 2007, 11:52 AM
All kinds of. Black with milk, all with no sugar.

ft2482
November 23rd, 2007, 01:48 PM
black tea with sugar

prodigalson666
November 23rd, 2007, 02:12 PM
1.earl grey
2.white tea

Kimm
November 23rd, 2007, 02:30 PM
Black.

I drink different blends, my favorites right now: "Blue fruits", "Summer Love" and "Skellefte blandning" (local blend).

In the mornings I drink Earl Grey, 'cos thats the only think they have at work :)

I despise bagged tea. And I dont want any milk or sugar in my tea!

:popcorn:

Erwin
November 23rd, 2007, 02:36 PM

b0ng0
November 23rd, 2007, 03:17 PM
Well I tend to drink all sorts of tea (leaf only plz) but at the moment my choice of tea is Oolong which is like half-way between black and green. Very refreshing and has a slightly sweet taste to it, a bit melony. Tea ftw. :guitar:

stoodleysnow
November 23rd, 2007, 03:38 PM
Good grief, I could murder a cuppa tea!

mellowd
November 23rd, 2007, 03:42 PM
Rooibos & Earl Grey.

Rooibos is my favourite but as it comes from South Africa it's hard to find here.

And for those wondering, Rooibos means Red Bush in South Africa (No redhead jokes please)

jken146
November 23rd, 2007, 03:56 PM
Rooibos is my favourite but as it comes from South Africa it's hard to find here.

Check out Redbush Tea (www.redbushtea.com). They aren't the only company selling rooibos in the UK but I can't think of any others off the top of my head. Rooibos does seem to be getting more popular these days.

Darjeeling++

stimpack
November 23rd, 2007, 04:01 PM
Both Black and Green depending on my mood. No milk, no sugar. Loose leaves always.

I do like a Lapsang Souchong, even though it is usually made with cheap leaf, that smoke hides it well.

Black: Lapsang Souchong, Keemun.
Greeen: Kuchika? Like Sencha but with twigs. Gunpowder.

Linuxratty
November 23rd, 2007, 04:11 PM
Black Earl Grey tea.,English breakfast Lipton,Hedley's peach apricot tea,Boston's peach tea, PG Tips, green tea,oolong tea..And lots more teas, mainly black,or green tea blends are my favorites. I will sometimes brew bags of different types of tea together for a bit of variety when I'm making a large amount.
I usually get bagged tea cause loose tea is hard to find,although I do have little mesh tea balls, just in case.
Have you mixed peach juice with tea? it's really quite nice and I often have it this way and skip the sugar.
Tea is the main drink I enjoy and I have drank it daily most of my life..I've found it to be far better than carbonated drinks.
I find herbal teas to be too bland, so I don't buy them.

subs
November 23rd, 2007, 05:35 PM
black -- no milk no sugar

darjeeling tea

mellowd
November 23rd, 2007, 05:35 PM
Check out Redbush Tea (www.redbushtea.com). They aren't the only company selling rooibos in the UK but I can't think of any others off the top of my head. Rooibos does seem to be getting more popular these days.

Darjeeling++

Thanks, I'll take a look!

inversekinetix
November 26th, 2007, 05:58 AM
Green (various varieties hot) as leaves/powder/gunpowder
Oolong (cold in summer or with alcohol)
Mugi (cold)
Earl Gray (strong/milk/sugar)
English Breakfast (strong/milk/sugar)

In asia black tea is commonly know as red tea.

You might like this book

The Book of Tea by Okakura Kakuzo

kevdog
November 26th, 2007, 06:14 AM
I used to drink a lot of Snapple Rasberry IceTea but gave it up. I guess however this doesnt really count in this thread!

sirdilznik
November 26th, 2007, 07:28 AM
Earl Grey

I voted Black Tea, since that is closest

davtaine
November 26th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Earl Grey. That wonderful taste of bergamot reminds me of Snus (Swedish)

twin_57103
January 8th, 2008, 01:23 AM
Stash Vanilla Nut Decaf (I'd get regular, but they only make decaf). I buy it in bags to take to work, but I think it is available loose, too.

iPower
January 8th, 2008, 01:33 AM
Earl Grey
Masala Chai

zach12
January 8th, 2008, 01:37 AM
English Breakfast and Green

AaronMT
September 15th, 2008, 01:12 AM
Raising this thread. I actually found this thread in a Google Search.

I am currently drinking tea from this sampler (http://www.adagio.com/oolong/oolong_sampler.html?SID=f732a8675c6548f2adefb5ea45 e75020) I ordered off this website, Adagio.

Currently, drinking Wuyi Ensemble, an Oolong tea.

Give oolong teas a chance - very delicious..tremendous flavors.

david_lynch
September 15th, 2008, 01:14 AM
I drink lipton green tea with ginseng - as well as wulong and jasmine.

cardinals_fan
September 15th, 2008, 01:38 AM
Cold green tea.

Slug71
September 15th, 2008, 03:13 AM
Herbal from Amsterdam, haha

tuxerman
September 15th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Black tea with milk, and a good quantity of sugar.. and a bit of cardamom for the flavour.

Sometimes masala tea when i can get it ("chai tea" as it is called in other parts of the world.. actually "chai" in most Indian languages just means 'tea')

Tried drinking iced black tea without milk, but didn't like it :)

god0fgod
September 15th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Green is best.

Supposed to make you live longer so why not?

karellen
September 15th, 2008, 03:26 PM
black (Lipton) with considerable amounts of sugar