PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use AdSense?

Swab
July 5th, 2007, 07:30 PM
I was wondering if anyone has any experience of using AdSense on their site. How much revenue can one expect to generate? Say my site had 2000 page loads per day and I put a couple of ads on each page.. would it make much? I realise that AdSense pays by number of clicks, but I'm just looking for a rough idea.

Swab
July 6th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Anyone?

Also, can you place ads within a page that requires a login?

RedNikon
July 9th, 2007, 09:56 AM
I just started using it, and still trying to get it to work correctly. Though I am sure you could make some money, it would be based on traffic though not page count. And yes you can place it behind secure pages.

cunawarit
July 9th, 2007, 10:43 AM
You could also consider other affiliate programs, many have much larger payouts are than AdSense. I’m just getting into it, creating a couple of little sites, I can’t tell you about how much you can be expected to make as I have literally just started, just opened a business bank account last week for it.

dptxp
July 9th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Revenues will depend on clicks and in some case on 'successful' clicks.
It is worth trying out if you get a lot of hits. You may make good money.
See for a few months.

DC@DR
July 9th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Sorry for offtopic: Anyone has any idea of Adsense alternative? I'm looking for one good service similar as Adsense (Yahoo ads doesn't suit me since I'm not in US) :-s

jackmc
July 9th, 2007, 12:53 PM
I was making $100 per day on Adsense until they baned me.. Proxy network, I'm still angry about it :(

Before anyone asks, I was fully withon the TOS, I got banned for invalid clicks (not mine)

cunawarit
July 9th, 2007, 01:16 PM
I was making $100 per day on Adsense until they baned me..

That's a heck of a monthly income to lose!

Proxy network, I'm still angry about it :( Before anyone asks, I was fully withon the TOS, I got banned for invalid clicks (not mine)

So, someone clicked on your licks via a proxy network and you got banned?

I'm about to start using AdSense and other affiliate programs very very soon, within days. It is a bit concerning to hear negative experiences. There's very little that can be done, if someone wants to abuse your site they can do so very easily... I guess the key is to never depend on this income too much, it is a nice to have but it could go away quite quickly.